Conquer Club

Tournament Creation Limits? [Poll Added By NS]

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Are a few organizers creating too many tournaments at once?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:03 am

Total votes : 0

Re: Tournament Creation Limits? [Poll Added By NS]

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:04 pm

I think that some rules need to be created.
First-i think that number of players and number of games need to be regulated,so that limit of 16 players need conected with minimum 45 games. This tournament then will get some value.
Second-I think that 30 days its to big time for fil small tournaments with 16 players. If you can not fill these turnament for 7 days,then this tournament dont interest for people. Usualy mine Bracket Tournament are fill for 3-6 days(32 player bracket tournament),more days need for other tournament with 60 players.
Enough time for fill tournament will need to go like this:
16 player-7 days
32 player-15 days
all over 32-30 days.
-If tournament concept are interesting,then you will fill very fast,but if not then 30 days for small tournament its to much.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby PaulusH on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Today -one month after the start about complaining about too many tournaments at create/join- there are 31 organizers left trying to get 39 tournaments filled.
The rest of the posts are either full or looking for reserves.

From those 39 tournaments there are 24 using a direct bracket system (on top of that a few with a twist on the standard bracket). And 15 of those tournaments are 1v1 (personally I would have guessed a larger part for this).

In the first post Bones2484 accuses me from flaming/trolling/biased message and at the sametime removed his/her original post.
To my opinion that is twisting the reality.
From all reactions it is clear that actually Bones did viciously flame two organizers. For everybody it was clear who those two organizers were, although Bones just didn't mention directly their names. In the end it isn't even important if Bones had the intention to stop b00060 or not; the effect of this complete action is that b00060 stopped.
Major PaulusH

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:33 pm

PaulusH wrote:From all reactions it is clear that actually Bones did viciously flame two organizers. For everybody it was clear who those two organizers were, although Bones just didn't mention directly their names. In the end it isn't even important if Bones had the intention to stop b00060 or not; the effect of this complete action is that b00060 stopped.

For the 500th time, I did not mention names because the names were NOT the point. I did not bring the names into this thread (the two organizers did that themselves) and I did everything possible to steer conversation AWAY from ripping on them personally. b0 and HA were not the first to do this, nor will they be the last. The point of the discussion was about tournaments as a whole not to single out two organizers.

I guess you didn't learn from your warning to stop spreading lies?

PaulusH wrote:Today -one month after the start about complaining about too many tournaments at create/join- there are 31 organizers left trying to get 39 tournaments filled.
The rest of the posts are either full or looking for reserves.

From those 39 tournaments there are 24 using a direct bracket system (on top of that a few with a twist on the standard bracket). And 15 of those tournaments are 1v1 (personally I would have guessed a larger part for this).

As for the rest of this rambling post... what is your point? Nothing that you are saying here has any bearing on the discussion that was supposed to be in this thread. If you had actually read the thread, you would have known that. But judging by all your posts (and the U2U you were warned for), you have no idea what the point was.
Major Bones2484

Postby elfish_lad on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:34 am

Hey Bones. I realize that you've been here a heck of a lot longer than I have. I see that you have been involved in tourneys for a long while as well. But I don't think you are listening to the voices in this thread. Not sure why that is. Pretty sure that I'm not even going to try to figure out why. Hope to play with or against you some time. But I feel you are missing the boat in this thread. Maybe organizers are concerned about too many tourneys by too few creators, but I will tell you this, I've been, as a Newt, in tourneys made by vets and I've been in tourneys made by rookies. Yes. Rookies need a shot. But the tourneys made by vets are EXTREMELY well run.

I won't join a tourney by a rookie again. Very frustrating.

Let the vets run as many as they want.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby amazzony on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:53 am

Lad, you are the one missing the point here and I'm not even sure what the point of your post is. Bones created the topic with one issue and a few organisers managed to turn it all about themselves and misunderstood Bones' point. I'm sure he is hearing very well but there's no point listening if everybody keeps screaming and not hearing what he has to say. I know that I'm once again repeating myself but these random posts that have nothing to do with the topic and only letting their frustration out on Bones are making me say these things again and again. Read what Bones' point is, understand it and stop flaming him without a reason!
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby elfish_lad on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:24 am

amazzony wrote:Lad, you are the one missing the point here and I'm not even sure what the point of your post is. Bones created the topic with one issue and a few organisers managed to turn it all about themselves and misunderstood Bones' point. I'm sure he is hearing very well but there's no point listening if everybody keeps screaming and not hearing what he has to say. I know that I'm once again repeating myself but these random posts that have nothing to do with the topic and only letting their frustration out on Bones are making me say these things again and again. Read what Bones' point is, understand it and stop flaming him without a reason!

Wow. No flames here at all. Why are you all wound up? I've already posted my thoughts in this post way back on something like page 4. I've read every entry.

Not sure why you are responding to me at all. I'm talking to the OP.

Zero by way of disrespect intended here towards you or anyone. And you'll not see me post in this thread again.

Cya around.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:19 pm

elfish_lad wrote:Hey Bones. I realize that you've been here a heck of a lot longer than I have. I see that you have been involved in tourneys for a long while as well. But I don't think you are listening to the voices in this thread. Not sure why that is. Pretty sure that I'm not even going to try to figure out why. Hope to play with or against you some time. But I feel you are missing the boat in this thread. Maybe organizers are concerned about too many tourneys by too few creators, but I will tell you this, I've been, as a Newt, in tourneys made by vets and I've been in tourneys made by rookies. Yes. Rookies need a shot. But the tourneys made by vets are EXTREMELY well run.

Can't say I disagree with ZZ (well, other than the fact that I see no flames). I don't understand what exactly your point is or how it relates to the issue I first presented.

Regardless of what you are trying to say the "voices" in this thread were split down the middle before paulus ruined it. Well, at least the voices worth listening to. I ignored everything that involved flaming, baiting, and trolling. If you read through it, there were multiple examples of times I agreed with people who had different viewpoints than me. So don't even dare try telling me that I didn't listen. In fact, if you go to the thread where we discuss a solution you'll see that I completely changed my focus and the conversation evolved into something completely different because of arguments to the contrary.

Hopefully my assumption that you're just trying to get a word in "against" me because you are clanmates with b0 is wrong.
Major Bones2484

Postby xerxes69 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:54 am

Sorry: wrong reply
Last edited by xerxes69 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant xerxes69

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:06 pm

xerxes69 wrote:I am in

Was that a joke post?
Sergeant 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby jrh_cardinal on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:25 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
xerxes69 wrote:I am in

Was that a joke post?
no, it was a bump. xerxes, as you can see from all of the posts above you, everyone, including me, argued over this for weeks. It is done and the update incorporating a less strict version of this original proposal has been released by the TD's. I know I, for one, do NOT want this flaming/baiting/insane argument to pick back up again, especially since it makes no difference, the decision has been made, so please let this thread die, please
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby fantanyser on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:37 pm

bump
Captain fantanyser

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:54 pm

fantanyser wrote:bump

Nice bump. I hope you get a nice little warning for it.

jrh_cardinal wrote:It is done and the update incorporating a less strict version of this original proposal has been released by the TD's.

Just want to point out the irony in this statement real quick. I was arguing for 5 open tournaments at once. The eventual decision was:

Night Strike wrote:Each organizer can have only 4 tournaments recruiting players at once (has NO effect on ongoing tournaments or reserves threads).

4 < 5. Thus, a more strict version of this original proposal has been released by the TD's.

So. Thank you again to everyone who rode my ass needlessly for weeks. I apologize for bring up absolutely nothing that wasn't already being decided on by those in charge of tournaments.
Major Bones2484

Postby jrh_cardinal on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:16 am

no irony, it was more lenient than the original proposal by the mods. My post had nothing to do with you. Now can we get a warning and a lock so people don't keep bumping this
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:22 am

And to think I almost locked this thread a couple days ago during a forum cleanup. :roll:
Major Night Strike

Previous

Return to Tournament Archives