Conquer Club

Tournament Creation Limits? [Poll Added By NS]

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Are a few organizers creating too many tournaments at once?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:03 am

Total votes : 0

Tournament Creation Limits? [Poll Added By NS]

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Post deleted due to the fact PaulusH sent a flaming/trolling/biased Private Message to all his tournament players that had absolutely nothing to do with this thread in order to get an option in the poll to win that he liked. The poll is now biased, and the thread ruined.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

In the mean time, here are some good quotes by three smart players from this thread:

Moya wrote:It is not bones who stopped b00060 from continuing his tournaments. It never is the bullet that kills people. It's the guy who pulls the trigger and for that part it was b00060 who pulled the trigger and stopped his tournaments just by not agreeing with someone elses opinion. I think that's not very bright.

bones is trying to form a discussion about how things are working. The idea is to get a result out of this. Not to attack other people. There is no reading between the lines and secret indirect attempts to undermine someones doings. It's just a simple and plain discussion about how things are working with the attempt to make them better in the end.

I think there are a few things that are fact here for everyone of us:

1. Everybody loves tournaments. The more tournaments, the better.
2. Everybody loves variety because we as humans are curious.
3. Everybody loves to find his very special tournament very quick.

My opinion:
@1: Things should get better organized by making the game search function work not just for the smaller single games but for tournaments as such because, as I stated a few posts above, a forum is by it's original meaning a place for conversations and discussions.

@2: Some of us like easier tournaments, some of us like leagues and all of us like to try out new things and new ideas on how to play tournaments. --> The game search function has to be refurbished.

@3: Even though some of you find them faster and are perfectly comfortable how things are, some (maybe even a lot) of us just don't like to stroll through 2 or 3 pages to find the one that's fitting for them. I personally hated the way of joining tournaments from day one. Why? Because everybody has it's own style of telling someone what the tournament is about and how it is played etc. Things get very confusing from time to time because of language and weak organizing skills. --> Game search function needs to be refurbished.

Therefore I beg you guys: Stop flaming and STAY WITH THE TOPIC. This is an open discussion. And nobody should need tissues ;)

denominator wrote:First of all, the poll is absolute bullshit now. I won't post either of the PMs that I received in the public thread, as I believe it's against the rules somewhere, but I have now received two PMs sent out by tournament organizers that smear Bones and encourage players to come to the thread and fight with Bones or vote against Bones in the poll. I somehow suspect that these people PMing us are breaking the rules as well, and at the very least it is disrespectful and pitiful.

This is not about HighlanderAttack, b00060, Blitzaholic, or anyone else running poor tournaments. It is not about that now, and it wasn't at the beginning. If you read the whole thread, you can note that Bones never named names until others brought it up (myself being one of them - and I apologize for that now). Even then, Bones only pointed out that there are too many tournaments being posted at a time in the Create/Join a Tournament forum. Nobody here has attacked anyone's ability to actually run a tournament, simply that there are too many tournaments flooding the forums at once.

This is not about whether or not Bones has run a tournament. I have no idea why anyone started attacking Bones for his opinions, but his opinions from the point of a tournament player are entirely valid. This has nothing to do with anyone's ability to run a tournament. I would be quite happy to see anyone run hundreds of tournaments at once as long as they can run each one effectively and efficiently. However, I do agree with Bones on the core issue here.

If you look at the Create/Join a Tournament forum, some organizers (including HA, b00060, and Blitzy, as well as others) often create many tournaments at once. While this is a fine practice for those of us players that join all of the tournaments posted, it does not work for those who want to be more selective. It dilutes the pool of players joining the similar tournaments by the same organizer, as well as pushing the other tournaments out of the way, sometimes onto the second page.

Everyone seems to keep overlooking barterer's posts, but he has the best statement of anyone in the whole thread:

barterer2002 wrote:Really I think what we're doing here is establish some etiquette for the TO forums. When you go play golf there is an etiquette that is generally followed. You don't drive into the group ahead of you, you don't talk during someones backswing. You don't walk between a ball and the hole on the green. When we go to a restaurant there is etiquette, we don't stand on the tables, we don't start shouting at people across the restaurant, we don't wash our hands in our water glasses. All of these things are things that we do not because there are rules in place, not because we can't do it, after all, we're the paying customer on either a golf course or at a restaurant, but because we function together as a society through etiquette.

What we're trying to do here is establish what is the etiquette going forward for tournaments. Part of that is understanding how that etiquette is communicated. How do we know not to dance on the table at a restaurant-because someone taught us, how do we know not to talk during a backswing-because someone taught us. In CC we don't have a mentor system for new tournament creation and I'm not suggesting that we should but maybe we should have a posting of etiquette to read where things like number of games in the Create/Join forum can be listed-whatever is decided.

Remember, we all have to live here and we're all volunteers, it behooves us to have some thoughts on how to get together to think not only of the tournament players but also of our fellow TOs. I also believe that what is past is past and that what we're discussing is how to handle things in the future.

It truly is all about etiquette in respect to your fellow organizers AND to the players. However, when the etiquette guidelines are not being followed, the best course of action is to implement rules.
Last edited by Bones2484 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
Major Bones2484

Re: Tournament Creation Limits?

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:16 pm

I've considered the same thing. Two people got PMs from me recommending against having so many tournaments. If this continues, there will be new rules about it. So I contend that organizers learn to restrain themselves and respect their peers. This goes to both size and number of tournaments in my opinion.
Major Night Strike

Postby mgconstruction on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:50 pm

It certainly beats the alternative to not having any tournaments to join.

I have seen praises on here how great it is that we are breaking tourney records, yet we don't like having too many to chose from?

I say if a Tournament Organizer runs & completes his tourney's and doesn't let them go, then whats to complain about?

MG
Sergeant 1st Class mgconstruction

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 pm

mgconstruction wrote:I have seen praises on here how great it is that we are breaking tourney records, yet we don't like having too many to chose from?

Because it screws over other (especially new) organizers whose tournaments drown in the flood of other ones? Not to even mention that there are 3 pages of tournaments waiting for players. I can understand your point if there were just a few to pick from.

As a tournament player, I have found myself shying away from the create/join forum because of this. I find it annoying having to pick my way through dozens of boring tournaments that are all looking for players made by the same organizers to try to find some good ones.

edit: And as a side note, I guess I'm a bit of a prissy tournament "old timer" who gets annoyed at simple 4-win-and-trophy tournaments with no gimmicks. Especially when there are 15+ by the same organizers waiting for players at one time. I find that they cheapen the experience.
Major Bones2484

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:36 pm

Bones2484 wrote:I just wanted to see if anyone out there may agree with me or not as I find it fairly ridiculous that about 30 tournaments listed in the first page of "Create/Join a Tournament" are being run by two organizers.

I probably have the most "uncreative tourneys" you speak of. Only in the last month has the tourney pages jumped to three pages. Usually there is about 1.5 pages with about 60 available total. My smaller tourneys fill within two to three days and are off the front page just like that. I don't push them up so they are on the front page because people like to join them. I do have a series of small tourneys, but I also run some of the largest tourneys on CC. I just had over 160 players join one tourney in less than 24 hours. I can do this because I have made a name for myself running tourneys. If you run through the thread for my 105th tourney and read some of the responses you will see how much excitement and joy people get from being participants in my tourneys.

I do not see why anyone would have an issue with 3 small pages of tournaments to join at all anyway. You said something about not wanting to get in the tourneys made by these multi making tourneys so you already know which ones not to click on.

I make a lot of tourneys because they are popular and I do a great job running and keeping up with them.

There should not be a reason to limit the amount of tourneys someone can make as long as they are keeping up with them and they are running smoothly.

If you are not joining a lot of tourneys as you are only looking for the most creative ones then you are speaking of spending 5-10 minutes a week sifting down through a list of tourneys anyway. How can it be that the small ones would be in your way.

A lot of the so called creative tourneys don't fill fast because they are larger. A lot of them end up getting started and then end up in the abandoned section.

I guess at this point I am probably rambling. I am just really at a loss because this seems like a personal attack on me.

The front page holds about 45 tourneys and only the last week could your statement of 30 tourneys by two organizers even come close even though it does not. At best there are only five or six tourney directors that even post more than five tourneys at a time. I just happened to post about 20 tourneys this year because I love running them and people enjoy playing in them. They will all fill fast and be gone within a few days anyway.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby HighlanderAttack on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:12 pm

A couple more points

I have 9 of 44 on the front page and that is the most--of them 2 have already started.

I am maxed out on tourney medals so I am not doing anything for medals. I do this because I love to do it and people enjoy joining my tourneys.

Most of my tourneys are filled within 3 or 4 days weather they have 16 players or 100+ players.

Postby amazzony on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 am

I just want to say that I agree completely with Bones, thanks for bringing it up! =D> Longer rant coming later :geek:
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby b00060 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:27 am

I am at a loss for words, I do not get paid for the free time that goes to making my tournaments. I thought my tournaments were making CC a better place and the fact that so many of my 32+ player tournaments fill up fast was a reflection of that. Apparently not. Easier tournament formats fill up fast and are perfect for new players to CC, because they are just that, easy to understand and are a great way to get people comfortable with tournamnets and out there participating. How many times have complicated tournaments been dropped or the format screwed up because the players deadbeat? Well I have never once abandoned an ongoing tournament and have in fact voluntarily stepped in for other organizers and saved abandoned tournaments. So I apologize for the awful experience my tournamnets have created for my fellow CCers, and am officially retiring as a tournament organizer.
Last edited by b00060 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major b00060

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:46 am

b-I wish you would not retire--Your tourneys are great.

I find it funny that bones and amazzony have joined the uncreative options that they feel so adamant against.

It is not easy to win any four round tourneys and because they fill fast they are not taking up the amount of space bones refers to.

Just because I have no life and like to create so many tourneys there is no reason to limit the creation of them.

I just don't get the issue here because I check the thread daily and sometimes I don't. All I do is look for dates of created tourneys so I can check into any new ones. Even at 2.5 pages which it stands now it only takes a few minutes. If I have to worry about being scrutinized for my tourneys I will be done doing this as well. The amount of time and effort I put into running tourneys is unreal anyway.

Postby Night Strike on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:47 am

b00060, I think you're missing the point. If the small tournaments fill so quickly, why do 8-10 of them need to be posted at once? It's that starting of a large amount of small tournaments all at once that has people concerned. The best plan that's also respectful of other organizers is to post 2-3 small tournaments at a time, and then post new ones once those are filled and started.
Major Night Strike

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:57 am

Night Strike wrote:b00060, I think you're missing the point. If the small tournaments fill so quickly, why do 8-10 of them need to be posted at once? It's that starting of a large amount of small tournaments all at once that has people concerned. The best plan that's also respectful of other organizers is to post 2-3 small tournaments at a time, and then post new ones once those are filled and started.

I think maybe a poll should be done. I don't think a small amount of people should dictate what can and cannot be done. I post so many at a time because it is time saving to do a bunch at a time rather than do one here and one there. It is part of my system to save time when running so many tourneys.

Postby Night Strike on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:03 am

Poll started.
Major Night Strike

Re: Tournament Creation Limits? [Poll Added By NS]

Postby olkok on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:45 am

I say leave the tournament organizers alone if they are doing a good job. Everyone's CC experience should be a fun one and if that's how they have fun on this site then leave them alone. There's nothing wrong with a simple, quick tournament. If you don't like them, then don't join them. I personally like them over the tournaments that last forever and never seem to end. It's not hard to scroll through the tourny page and find something you like. Or better yet, create your own tournament that you think is great.
Jack Byrnes wrote:Jesus, Focker, It's just a game!

Lieutenant olkok

Postby b00060 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:50 am

I am missing the point? Maybe it is you NIght Strike that is missing the point. I DO NOT get paid for organizing these tournaments and as such do not have the luxury of creating them on an as filled up basis and have to do them on my OWN free time. As HA mentioned earlier, this means creating a bunch of them when I actually have the time and doing batches are much easier. I have NEVER dropped an ongoing tournament and I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that has participated in one of them to complain about how I run them. Bottom line is this. CC is for everyone and virtually everything on this site will either please or displease someone.

If my donation of my own free time by creating multiple tournamnets is too much of a hassle for a few to simply scroll through, then fine, I will no longer make them. I am sick of people on this site complaining about every little thing. If you don't like a setting, avoid it, if you don't like a map, avoid it, if you don't like a tournament avoid it! Just because it isn't for you doesn't mean it isn't the ONLY reason that other members enjoy CC.
Major b00060

Postby aligator_al on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:29 pm

b00060 wrote:If you don't like a setting, avoid it, if you don't like a map, avoid it, if you don't like a tournament avoid it! Just because it isn't for you doesn't mean it isn't the ONLY reason that other members enjoy CC.

this
Major aligator_al

Postby Night Strike on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:48 pm

The point was not that you can't run so many tournaments, it's that by posting so many in the Create/Join forum at once, it crowds out other organizers. Suddenly the majority of tournaments currently recruiting are by a few organizers, and the tournaments are very similar, just on a different map. It covers up the tournaments that other organizers are trying to fill. Organizing many tournaments at a time if you can handle it is not a problem. An overabundance of tournaments recruiting players (which I would contend we currently have) could lead to more tournaments not getting filled.
Major Night Strike

Postby barterer2002 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:59 pm

to me it seems that there are a few things being discussed here that kind of cross each other.

1). Limit the number of tournaments an organizer can have going at once. I usually have somewhere between 4 and 20 running at any one time and know that others can run more and still others can't keep up with 2. Each TO has a different number of tournaments that they can comfortably run at once. For this reason I'd be uncomfortable with any sort of a blanket "you can run X number of tournaments at once"

2). The small fast hitting tournaments from the same organizer aren't for medals. Lets be clear on this because there are often comments that people making the same tournament over and over are doing it for medals. The truth is that running more than 5 of the same tournament will result in 1 medal as it becomes a franchise. Most of us that run these small hard hitting tournaments do so because we are trying to make the site better in our own way and that these tournaments are very popular. A 16-32 player tournament with a 1v1 bracket set from a well known organizer (be it, b0060, HA, myself, Godd, Optimus Prime, Gilligan, qwert, Natewolfman or whoever) will usually fill in 2-3 days max. If I sent them to previous player's they'd fill in an hour however that's not the goal-at least for me. Its an opportunity to give players a chance to play in a tournament without having to commit to months of gameplay which has advantages for many players.

3). on the flip side, as an organizer I have the responsibility to be respectful to other organizers. IMO it is unfair to other organizers to post my tournaments all over the Create/Join page. It makes it impossible for new organizers to get players into their tournaments because 1) players can't find them and 2) if I had 15 tournaments for sign up a player might sign up for 5 of them as his or her limit for tournaments at the moment and thus would limit or even take over the available pool of players.

The truth is that we were all organizers at one point. We've all had tournaments that fill in 1 day and others that have sat there for a week or two. One of the things that I try to do is when I'm doing a group of these quick hitting tournaments is to only have 2 of them in sign ups at a time and I'll only rarely have more than 3 in sign ups at once with one of those being a larger tournament. For instance I currently have 3, 2 from the Championship Series and Risk which is more of a commitment from players. I limit myself to putting this few out at a time due to respect for my fellow organizers and the fact that my time is volunteered is irrelevant as their time is also volunteered (as is the time of our mods for the record). I can clearly fill a tournament, can run them, always finish them etc however none of those are the point of the original complaint here.

I would hope that nobody retires from organizing but that we're able to work forward in a spirit of mutual respect for each other
Major barterer2002

Postby mgconstruction on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Im not sure how many of us do these "Franchise" tournaments. I know my Mole Diggin a hole series, All the maps I like series as well as my NFL tourney have been huge hits. They are easy to make & a lot of fun.

With that said, my question is how hard would it be to maybe create a sub forum for "Franchised" Tourney's? Would this not solve the problem & make all sides happy? Quite frankly I only join tourneys by T.O's that I know run a good ones. So it would be easier to search those out too.

MG
Sergeant 1st Class mgconstruction

Postby Night Strike on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:09 pm

barterer2002 wrote:3). on the flip side, as an organizer I have the responsibility to be respectful to other organizers. IMO it is unfair to other organizers to post my tournaments all over the Create/Join page. It makes it impossible for new organizers to get players into their tournaments because 1) players can't find them and 2) if I had 15 tournaments for sign up a player might sign up for 5 of them as his or her limit for tournaments at the moment and thus would limit or even take over the available pool of players.

The truth is that we were all organizers at one point. We've all had tournaments that fill in 1 day and others that have sat there for a week or two. One of the things that I try to do is when I'm doing a group of these quick hitting tournaments is to only have 2 of them in sign ups at a time and I'll only rarely have more than 3 in sign ups at once with one of those being a larger tournament. For instance I currently have 3, 2 from the Championship Series and Risk which is more of a commitment from players. I limit myself to putting this few out at a time due to respect for my fellow organizers and the fact that my time is volunteered is irrelevant as their time is also volunteered (as is the time of our mods for the record). I can clearly fill a tournament, can run them, always finish them etc however none of those are the point of the original complaint here.

I would hope that nobody retires from organizing but that we're able to work forward in a spirit of mutual respect for each other

And I'm usually so good with getting my point across......... :cry:

Bart said exactly what I was thinking and how I was viewing the situation.
Major Night Strike

Postby max is gr8 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:28 pm

The thing is with HA as far as I can tell is they are all the same.

He's managed to reach the 30 tournaments and gone onto 105 in about 8 months. That means that these tournaments though "quick" are being churned out at such a rate that over 10 a month are being made.

As a former organiser I look at the vast arrays of tournaments that are in the join-up stage and see that many of them lack the spark that some of them had when I was making them:

So I went through the first page (including moved) to see what sort of tournaments there are: (The numbers may be off considering I went away for a while and came back a bit later and continued with the same list)

Simple Elimination (i.e. lose 1 game you're out -- Best of three included in this) --> 28

Now 28/50 is an awful lot. There were some other similar ones, a few with second chance systems etc. Then maybe 10 league style ones (Ammazzony's for example) and a few others of particular intrigue to me.

Now I made a thread opposing the 16 player bracket tournaments because of their uninventiveness etc. I made a draft post of a how-to spice up a 16 player tournament which I never posted (and possibly never finished) because I reached the end of my tether with 3/4 of the threads being uninventive). Inevitably you'll get threads like these and if a tournament creation limit were to be implemented I suggest a very Liberal maximum of 8 tournaments a month. Most people can easily stay in that boundary.

Also, I must say that the lack of inventive tournaments must give eventually. Possibly eventually bracket tournaments could be automated, this would be an amiable solution to the issue. As I fail to see how making 15 games is a skilled thing. 5 at fewest with the 16>4>Winner ones.

Now, I suggest that bracket tournaments get their own sub-forum as certain tournaments get neglected by the constant flow of 16 player "quick tournaments" the more enjoyable (imho) tournaments are ones where you become acquainted with your opponents and will be playing them for a long period and can generate a good relationship with other opponents, and with the TO. If you have been an organizer for a period of 6 months for one tournament it sure as hell beats organising 6 one month long tournaments.

I would also support the suggested sub-forum for franchises as I feel the don't take too long one has lasted far too long without any nuturing.

On a side note, I would like to see more franchises like that one (not blowing my own trumpet or anything) but tournament series with a similar theme that aren't the same settings, themes that can work with many different settings be it a league, doubles, assassin, terminator etc. They may be franchises but they don't get repetitive in the same way.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Bones2484 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:33 pm

I'd just like to try to keep us focused for a bit.

The discussion about format of tournaments is a great one, but perhaps best saved for another thread. I'm aware that I'm probably the one at fault for bringing that discussion here. I see a purpose and benefit to the quick-hitting tournaments. I enjoy to play in one at a time as well in addition to the month/year long tournaments that I'm in (which I find MUCH more enjoyable and rewarding).

My main problem is releasing a ton of them at once. Let's spread them out so that other organizers get a chance to get their tournaments going as well. I don't know if a NightStrike mandate is needed as I've always seen some sort of mutual respect between tournament organizers so that everyone can get involved. But lately it seems like that's disappeared for the sake of tournament victories/medals/numbers/stats/pride/what have you.
Major Bones2484

Postby b00060 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:40 pm

Like I said, I will go ahead and leave all future tournament creations to others. Apparently a tournament has to have some crazy unique concept in order for people to enjoy them. I'll have to inform the NFL that the same old playoff format of a bracket to determine a Super Bowl Champion is so tired and no one could possible enjoy a simple format such as that. I never stopped to think that maybe the reason my tournaments are always on the top of the page are because people are actually enjoying them and signing up fast (ps. I have never solicited sign-ups or registrations and anyone who plays in my tournaments knows this). Boy was I wrong, I guess they were just filling up fast becasue everyone on the site that is looking to join a tourney is to lazy to scroll through 2 pages of threads. And for any hypocrite that says they enjoy these quick hitting tournamnets, but only want one posted at a time, that's great, but if there are only 16-32 people in each one and it fills up, what do you then?

I apologize to the other tournament directors for stealing away the players that could have joined their tournamnets instead.
Major b00060

Postby Anders2004 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:47 pm

This is just ridiculous. If someone wants to create a tournament they should be able to make as many as they want to. Hopefully b0060 does not in fact retire.
Sergeant Anders2004

Postby Bones2484 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:49 pm

Anders2004 wrote:Hopefully b0060 does not in fact retire.

And he shouldn't. It's a complete over-reaction and a sad decision. I don't know how people can get through life without taking some criticism.

b00060 wrote: And for any hypocrite that says they enjoy these quick hitting tournamnets, but only want one posted at a time, that's great, but if there are only 16-32 people in each one and it fills up, what do you then?

I don't know? Hope someone creates another one? It's not as though you are the ONLY one creating them. And besides, no one is even asking you to create only one tournament at a time. Bart creates two out of respect for other organizers, I think 5 would also be reasonable. But 15-20? Give me a break.

And as for your NFL analogy? Horrible. Did you completely overlook the regular season? It's not as though the NFL lines up 12 teams at the beginning of the season and says "ok, first to 4 wins gets the trophy".
Last edited by Bones2484 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Bones2484

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:53 pm

barterer2002 wrote:to me it seems that there are a few things being discussed here that kind of cross each other.

1). Limit the number of tournaments an organizer can have going at once. I usually have somewhere between 4 and 20 running at any one time and know that others can run more and still others can't keep up with 2. Each TO has a different number of tournaments that they can comfortably run at once. For this reason I'd be uncomfortable with any sort of a blanket "you can run X number of tournaments at once"

2). The small fast hitting tournaments from the same organizer aren't for medals. Lets be clear on this because there are often comments that people making the same tournament over and over are doing it for medals. The truth is that running more than 5 of the same tournament will result in 1 medal as it becomes a franchise. Most of us that run these small hard hitting tournaments do so because we are trying to make the site better in our own way and that these tournaments are very popular. A 16-32 player tournament with a 1v1 bracket set from a well known organizer (be it, b0060, HA, myself, Godd, Optimus Prime, Gilligan, qwert, Natewolfman or whoever) will usually fill in 2-3 days max. If I sent them to previous player's they'd fill in an hour however that's not the goal-at least for me. Its an opportunity to give players a chance to play in a tournament without having to commit to months of gameplay which has advantages for many players.

3). on the flip side, as an organizer I have the responsibility to be respectful to other organizers. IMO it is unfair to other organizers to post my tournaments all over the Create/Join page. It makes it impossible for new organizers to get players into their tournaments because 1) players can't find them and 2) if I had 15 tournaments for sign up a player might sign up for 5 of them as his or her limit for tournaments at the moment and thus would limit or even take over the available pool of players.

I agree with Bart here and his post, very thoughtful

I think if an organizer has demonstrated responsibility, he or she can have like 15 tourneys ongoing, however, I would suggest that there is NOT 15 all created at the same time on same day, it fills and crowds the forum on creating tourneys too much. So, perhaps something like a max of creating 2 to 5 per day, then if they all fill, go ahead and create another 2 to 5. This may help both sides of the argument and perhaps have a happy medium.
General Blitzaholic

Next

Return to Tournament Archives