Conquer Club

CC Newsletter: Tournament Editor and Writers

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

CC Newsletter: Tournament Editor and Writers

Postby Night Strike on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Hey everybody, after getting the tournament article integrated into the CC Newsletter, it's time for me to step away from being the Tournament Article Editor. I do plan to stay on as a writer, mainly when Director input is needed, but I need someone to take over putting the section together every 2 weeks. It's a position where you can make it as large or as small as you wish, but I'm hoping someone will be able to give it a better guiding hand than I have the time for.

I also think it will be beneficial to add a few more writers to the tournament staff. Our current writers lead very busy lives, so it's occasionally difficult to make sure everybody has the time to write an article for every issue. By having more writers, it's easier to team up on an article or give people an issue off during busy times. Anyone who enjoys tournaments can apply for this position.

For the Editor Position: This person needs to be someone who has organized a few tournaments and/or played in a variety of tournaments. The person can also write their own articles or just lead the group and edit the articles written by others. This person needs to be proficient in English grammar and know how to effectively use the forum's BBCoding for posts. This person also needs to be familiar with the tournament rules and procedures to avoid accidentally publishing inaccurate information.

For a Writer Position: Tournament writers should be familiar with the CC Tournament forums and the prominent people (both organizers and players) and events within those forums. These people should always be on the lookout for possible stories as well as being able to come up with some on their own. These people should be able to communicate effectively in English in order to write the articles before they are edited.

If you would like to apply for either position, please send a PM to either Night Strike or samuelc812 that includes your experience in the tournament forums as well as a statement of why you want to contribute and how you would be beneficial to the tournament article. Samuel and I will discuss the applications and make our decision as soon as possible.

Thanks,
~Night Strike
Major Night Strike

Re: CC Newsletter: Tournament Editor and Writers

Postby vodean on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:03 pm

please guys, we really need some help
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:31 pm

I can be an editor if needed... Depending on the workload. I am on twice a day, and I am usually on for 1+ hours each time. I will send in an application after I am told what the average workload for an editor is :)
Sergeant 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Night Strike on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:24 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:I can be an editor if needed... Depending on the workload. I am on twice a day, and I am usually on for 1+ hours each time. I will send in an application after I am told what the average workload for an editor is :)

The max at one time would be an hour or two to edit stories and build the article right before the deadline. In the 10 days between issue posting and next issue's deadline, you'd only need to check the forum to see what people are planning to write, make suggestions on topic to cover, and answer questions from your writer. I do next to nothing during those 10 days, but I'm hoping someone can put in at least a few minutes every couple of days to work on things.
Major Night Strike

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:06 am

Night Strike wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:I can be an editor if needed... Depending on the workload. I am on twice a day, and I am usually on for 1+ hours each time. I will send in an application after I am told what the average workload for an editor is :)

The max at one time would be an hour or two to edit stories and build the article right before the deadline. In the 10 days between issue posting and next issue's deadline, you'd only need to check the forum to see what people are planning to write, make suggestions on topic to cover, and answer questions from your writer. I do next to nothing during those 10 days, but I'm hoping someone can put in at least a few minutes every couple of days to work on things.

Well, then sign me up :) I could handle that, and probably a little more ;) Is there a format for applications that you are looking for? Or do you just want me to send what I want?
Sergeant 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Return to Tournament Archives