Conquer Club

i think this is just wrong

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

i think this is just wrong

Postby HardAttack on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:57 am

i see something wrong with the scene you may get into using the link below;

http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... up=&page=1

fully the same set-up two tournaments with names of;
pearl harbor team trips AND pearl harbor team trips 2 recruiting at very the same time back to back.
it will offer to the organizer unfair double TO medal at the completion of tournaments.

this two seperate but very the same tournaments, before privilidges are given, should be merged to become a single tournament to prevent ANNOUNCING double winners and awarding double TO medals for the organizer for very the same two tournaments which are being launched almost at the same time !!!!

O:)
Colonel HardAttack

Re: i think this is just wrong

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:43 am

Agreed. It's just like people hosting tournaments on their favourite maps and settings so they get medals for organising and winning.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby elonpuckhog on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:32 am

I have no issues with this. The TO has to set up games for both tournies and so is doing the proper amount of work to get two medals. It is a little unorthodox to run them both at the same time, but I have no issues, They are still doing the work. If teams want to enter both tournies, that is fine with me as well.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby HardAttack on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:21 am

elonpuckhog wrote:I have no issues with this. The TO has to set up games for both tournies and so is doing the proper amount of work to get two medals. It is a little unorthodox to run them both at the same time, but I have no issues, They are still doing the work. If teams want to enter both tournies, that is fine with me as well.

i strongly disagree,
the same/shape/looking tourneys should not be OPEN/CREATED at the very the same time...
what is it that you dislike the idea of merging these very the same tourneys with very the same organizer ?

very wrong mate, can not you see ?

Tell me please,
are you going to LET me RUN, for example, 64 dubs team tournament in the fashion of 8 dubs teams 8 apart tournaments(but settings, everything is same of these each tourneys) and one more final tournament meeting the winners of 8 previous tournaments ? In return i announce 9 winner and i get 9 TO medals at once organizing 8 very same looking, perfectly same tournies ?

Do you mean to say this ?
Colonel HardAttack

Postby IcePack on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:20 am

You don't get TO medal for grand finales I think ;)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Swifte on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:27 am

If I hosted two identical tournaments with a different map, would it still bother you? People do that all the time, some of the major organizers often have 2,3, or 4 identical tournament setups with map being the only difference. If those don't bother you, why does it matter so much that in this case it's the same map?
Colonel Swifte

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:44 am

Swifte wrote:If I hosted two identical tournaments with a different map, would it still bother you? People do that all the time, some of the major organizers often have 2,3, or 4 identical tournament setups with map being the only difference. If those don't bother you, why does it matter so much that in this case it's the same map?

Because different maps make the tourney different.. It doesn't sound like much but it's different. This is two completely identical tournaments started at the same time. It's just another low for medal hunting.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby HardAttack on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:46 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Swifte wrote:If I hosted two identical tournaments with a different map, would it still bother you? People do that all the time, some of the major organizers often have 2,3, or 4 identical tournament setups with map being the only difference. If those don't bother you, why does it matter so much that in this case it's the same map?

Because different maps make the tourney different.. It doesn't sound like much but it's different. This is two completely identical tournaments started at the same time. It's just another low for medal hunting.

+1

also,
it is just looks like posting the same lines in various threads, simply copy then paste, to create mass and dirt...no matter what my intentions there might be posting same context in different/variety forums, maybe i like my message to reach different portion of ppl/groups then i did for that reason, but guess what, no, they will not allow me to do. So, to make a post in ome other thread, i need to change, change may be big or small but change is needed for me to stay without warning.
lets assume once, let me say i have got no problem, then wud you explain why problem TO might have merging very same tourney and presenting it under one topic instead creating very the same mini tournaments in very the same time ?

i do NOT mean to say simmons is farming, but also i can not stop thinking if division is made on medal farming purposes ?
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Swifte on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:56 am

The problem with merging them is that some people (not just simmons) might like to play two tournaments on that map and settings.. so they can choose to sign up for both, and I don't see the harm in that. Others can choose to play one or the other.
Colonel Swifte

Postby HardAttack on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:04 am

Swifte wrote:The problem with merging them is that some people (not just simmons) might like to play two tournaments on that map and settings.. so they can choose to sign up for both, and I don't see the harm in that. Others can choose to play one or the other.

this one, i may agree, i think a valid point now swifte.
but, i still do believe, if he had put 2 weeks of time gap in between two tourneys, one started then create the second, this wud looked real far more proper IMO.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:51 am

HardAttack wrote:
elonpuckhog wrote:I have no issues with this. The TO has to set up games for both tournies and so is doing the proper amount of work to get two medals. It is a little unorthodox to run them both at the same time, but I have no issues, They are still doing the work. If teams want to enter both tournies, that is fine with me as well.

i strongly disagree,
the same/shape/looking tourneys should not be OPEN/CREATED at the very the same time...
what is it that you dislike the idea of merging these very the same tourneys with very the same organizer ?

very wrong mate, can not you see ?

Tell me please,
are you going to LET me RUN, for example, 64 dubs team tournament in the fashion of 8 dubs teams 8 apart tournaments(but settings, everything is same of these each tourneys) and one more final tournament meeting the winners of 8 previous tournaments ? In return i announce 9 winner and i get 9 TO medals at once organizing 8 very same looking, perfectly same tournies ?

Do you mean to say this ?

Well, first of all, you can only have 4 tournaments open for signups at once, so you wouldn't be able to do 8 at the exact same time.

Second of all, IcePack is correct about Grand Finale tournaments. There is no Tournament Contribution Medal for those. For more information about Grand Finale tournaments, see here: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=131410

As far as if we let people do this, we do. It's a policy thing that's been discussed before in the Tournament Director forum because this is not the first time this has happened. We would like to encourage TO's to combine the tournaments or space them out, as you suggest, but this is not against the rules at this point.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Lindax on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:02 pm

I remember we used to let the TO fill the first tournament first, then he could put up a second tournament.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:31 pm

LOL @ medal inflation.... comical...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby greenoaks on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Lindax wrote:I remember we used to let the TO fill the first tournament first, then he could put up a second tournament.

Lx

this is the way it should be.

by posting a 2nd after the first has filled it allows those who missed out to signup, while also allowing the regulars a 2nd chance.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:54 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Lindax wrote:I remember we used to let the TO fill the first tournament first, then he could put up a second tournament.

Lx

by posting a 2nd after the first has filled it allows those who missed out to signup, while also allowing the regulars a 2nd chance.

Yeah, I don't necessarily disagree with that.

Lindax, I don't ever remember it being like that. I brought it up in the TD Forum in my early days and was told it was not against any rules.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Lindax on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:00 pm

chapcrap wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Lx

Lindax, I don't ever remember it being like that. I brought it up in the TD Forum in my early days and was told it was not against any rules.

Don't think it ever was against the rules as such. It was just the way we handled this type of thing.

Is NS no longer active? He'd remember....

Lx

PS: Shouldn't this be moved to Tournaments, Gen. Info & Discussion? ;)
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Lindax wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Lx

Don't think it ever was against the rules as such. It was just the way we handled this type of thing.

Is NS no longer active? He'd remember....

Lx

PS: Shouldn't this be moved to Tournaments, Gen. Info & Discussion? ;)

Yeah, he's active. Not sure if he got a link posted on his wall to this like I did...

It should be moved probably, but I don't have the power!! :o
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Night Strike on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:10 pm

I don't think it has ever been against the rules (and isn't currently), but I know we did (and still do) frown upon having identical tournaments open at the same time. The only good thing about the 2 tournaments in the OP is that they do appear to have a few different teams signed up instead of the exact same in both tournaments.
Major Night Strike

Postby blakebowling on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Something about autobots rolling out.
Private blakebowling

Postby greenoaks on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:59 pm

blakebowling wrote:Something about autobots rolling out.

:lol:

you made me laugh

=D> =D>
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Serbia on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:03 am

Night Strike wrote:I don't think it has ever been against the rules (and isn't currently), but I know we did (and still do) frown upon having identical tournaments open at the same time. The only good thing about the 2 tournaments in the OP is that they do appear to have a few different teams signed up instead of the exact same in both tournaments.

This is basically what I was going to say, giving weight to the fact that there are two different teams signed in by the organizer for each tourney.

Also, medal hunting is acceptable on this site. In fact, I'd even go so far as to suggest it's encouraged in one way or another. Having said that, medal hunting tournaments are to be expected.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby benga on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:30 am

Lx

From the time I started running tournaments this wasn't the thing, in fact TOs were having open more then 4 tournaments at the same time and so the 4 tournament rule was brought in.

Tournament were never valued by amount time needed to be run, rather by amount...
Sergeant benga

Postby Lindax on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:38 pm

benga wrote:

Lx

From the time I started running tournaments this wasn't the thing, in fact TOs were having open more then 4 tournaments at the same time and so the 4 tournament rule was brought in.

Tournament were never valued by amount time needed to be run, rather by amount...

Read the OP mate. I was talking about two tournaments that are exactly the same. ;)

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:04 pm

well, i have a couple series tournaments that i run, i think i've even set up a 5 and a 6 at the same time. but it wasn't because i care about the medal. i just like running tournaments. i don't even play in the blasted things. :geek:

i've also had one fill so fast i had like 8 reserves built up before i could post it as full, so i set up an identical tournament to accommodate those that didn't make the first one. sometimes it's days before the thread gets moved to ongoing, so that would have technically been a no-no assuming identical tournaments can't be posted at the same time.

i don't know. restrictions are necessary sometimes, but too many restrictions make things not fun anymore.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Return to Tournament Archives