Conquer Club

Auto Speed Tournaments

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Auto Speed Tournaments

Postby TheQuietOne on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:26 am

I signed up for my second auto-speed tournament scheduled to begin at midnight.

At midnight, it only had 21/32 players and didn't start on time. 25 minutes later and it's still not full, but only a few players to go. I think it would do well to have more clarification in the Tournament Help as to what happens with wait times in this situation. Current, it says:

"An automated may have a scheduled start time, which will be indicated in Conquer Club Time (CCT). The tournament will not start before this time. If the tournament is full at the scheduled time, it will start. If it is not full, it will revert to being an unscheduled Auto Tournament. If the tournament is a Speed Auto Tournament you should plan to be online at the scheduled time or your games will start without you."

What sucks though is for a speed tournament, you could be sitting around waiting for hours for that tournament to fill up if it doesn't start at the scheduled time. The tournament does not start on schedule if it's not full. While I know from my first auto-speed that you should budget at least a 90 minute time window to complete them (yay second place!), it sucks to have to wait 30 extra minutes to start, plus the possible 90 budgeted for the completion.

It would be nice if there was either:
1) a warning about this on the tournament help page, or
2) an exception which gets you an entry fee refund if an auto-speed does not start on time
Major TheQuietOne

Re: Auto Speed Tournaments

Postby xman5151 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:37 am

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=201117&view=unread#unread

Same concern here. I waited about 2 hours since joining
Private xman5151

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:24 pm

xman5151 wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=201117&view=unread#unread

Same concern here. I waited about 2 hours since joining

I spoke to bigWham about this, as I had the same concern. Since I'm a Suggestions mod too, I submitted tht suggestion, FYI.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metalmarsh89 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:01 am

You do get a refund of conquer stars if the auto-speed tourney does not start on time. Or at least I've been refunded.

Personally I don't mind paying with conquer stars to join speed tourneys, I get the idea. However, they don't seem to fill up at all. Not many people seem to be interested. :(
Cook Metalmarsh89

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:33 pm

Metalmarsh89 wrote:You do get a refund of conquer stars if the auto-speed tourney does not start on time. Or at least I've been refunded.

Personally I don't mind paying with conquer stars to join speed tourneys, I get the idea. However, they don't seem to fill up at all. Not many people seem to be interested. :(

I've only played about 3 I think and they all filled up in time... Maybe it's the time of day that matters.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metalmarsh89 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:56 am

chapcrap wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:You do get a refund of conquer stars if the auto-speed tourney does not start on time. Or at least I've been refunded.

I've only played about 3 I think and they all filled up in time... Maybe it's the time of day that matters.

The free ones seem to fill up fast, but the P2P ones not so much. I've generally been attempting to play around 7-11 PM EST. You may be right about the time of day, but I do feel that the free ones taking place last week filled up more consistently.
Cook Metalmarsh89

Return to Tournament Archives