Conquer Club

Creating First Tournament

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Creating First Tournament

Postby drewjamison13 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:38 pm

I would like to begin creating my first tournament or at least learn how to. So how should i approach this?
Cook drewjamison13

Re: Creating First Tournament

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:51 pm

drewjamison13 wrote:I would like to begin creating my first tournament or at least learn how to. So how should i approach this?

You just decide what kind of tourney you want to run then post it here. If you need help pm 1 of the tournament directors. They are good guys.

There is a tournament handbook too. Have a look through that and it explains a lot.
Corporal dazza2008

Postby dazza2008 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Corporal dazza2008

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Moved over to the right forum. I guess dazza is pretty right. Let me know if you any questions besides the handbook. The one thing I would say is be sure to be very specific when you make your tournaments. Have all the settings listed, rules for tiebreakers (if needed), and try to put answers to any questions people might have if they read it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby drewjamison13 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:15 pm

chapcrap wrote:Moved over to the right forum. I guess dazza is pretty right. Let me know if you any questions besides the handbook. The one thing I would say is be sure to be very specific when you make your tournaments. Have all the settings listed, rules for tiebreakers (if needed), and try to put answers to any questions people might have if they read it.

So i created one called Jamo's Journey Across the USA Tournament. I believe i did everything correctly but i was hoping you might be able to review it and tell me if i happened to do anything wrong. I appreciate, thanks!
Cook drewjamison13

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=201183

Couple of things:
  • You have to have at least 16 players.
  • If you are doing a normal round robin, then that would be 11 games per player (with 12 players) and you'd play all those maps more than once.

So, you absolutely have to design it for at least 4 more players. After than, if you're really going to do a normal round robin, that's 15 games per person. 80 total games for you to make. You could also break the 16 into two groups and play a round robin with each group. That's 7 games per player (7 USA maps) and only 64 total games instead of 80. Then the group winners could play a best of 3 or 5 or 7 or whatever.

Anyway, you just mainly need 4 more players and make sure the design makes sense.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Tournament Archives