Conquer Club

Can we suggest settings for auto tournaments?

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Can we suggest settings for auto tournaments?

Postby OliverFA on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:49 pm

If I understand it right, auto tournaments are set by the Tournament Team or the Admin. I wonder if we could suggest settings for those tournaments instead of waiting for the right tournament to appear on the list.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Re: Can we suggest settings for auto tournaments?

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 pm

The Tournament Team does not currently set any of the Auto Tournaments.
Major Night Strike

Postby Lindax on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:21 pm

Wouldn't it be nice though if TOs could set up auto tournaments instead of admin?

I have always been a fan of auto tournaments, but run by the same people that run "normal" tournaments now. You set up a tournament, with a proper tournament thread. Get people to sign up and then have the games created and joined automatically. The TO would still provide updates, start the next round and announce winners though. Or is that semi-auto?

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:41 pm

OliverFA wrote:If I understand it right, auto tournaments are set by the Tournament Team or the Admin. I wonder if we could suggest settings for those tournaments instead of waiting for the right tournament to appear on the list.

NS is right. Right now, it's just admin... :(

I think they are all running on repeating schedule right now, so you might just want to say what you're looking for and maybe we can get it to admin.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby OliverFA on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Perhaps it could be not only me, but just everybody. Allow people to suggest their tournaments the same way they suggest the community run tournaments, and if you think that those suggestions are worth it, forward to admin either as a one time tournament or as part of the repeating schedule.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby AAFitz on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:34 am

I do think Oliver has a pretty valid point. The tourneys seem to be a big hit and I for one think they are a great idea, Ive literally joined and played every single one that I can. They are without a doubt the only reason Im playing at CC again. Anyways, with some easier to join settings, especially on the non speed ones, but also some of the cumbersome speed ones, the full potential can be reached.

I suppose its possible they are trying to keep them from being played too much, but then Id say setting the stakes higher would be a better way to do that, not creating cumbersome settings?

Its new, Its a great idea, but its so obvious what their potential is, and I fully understand Olivers valid frustration....I think its valid anyways.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Return to Tournament Archives