Conquer Club

Auto Tourney Advancement Question

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Auto Tourney Advancement Question

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:28 pm

How can I tell what factors determine advancement in an auto tourney?

I joined the New World 2 Player Masters auto tourney and just noticed that the round descriptions indicate that all 32 entrants advance after rounds 1 & 2. Rounds 3-6 have the standard half of entrants advancing (16, 8, 4, 2).

I don't any basis for advancement in the tourney information page. After round 3, everyone should have played 15 games. My guess is that the top 16 players based on total wins for rounds 1-3 will advance with tiebreakers based on perhaps head-to-head record, player score, and/or order of signups??? Or do wins not carry over from round to round (which would make rounds 1 & 2 practice rounds)??? I assume this info is spelled out somewhere... but I just can't seem to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

MP
Colonel MudPuppy

Re: Auto Tourney Advancement Question

Postby Swifte on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:35 pm

As stated in the Tournament Help (linked below - accessed on the Tournaments page), unless stated otherwise the scores don't reset - so you are correct, for this tournament scores are cumulative through rounds 1-3, and then in the round description you can see that there is a "Score Reset" each round thereafter, effectively making it an elimination bracket after that point.

http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=tournaments5

Scoring
By default scoring is based on number of Game Wins over the entire tournament. However, individual Rounds may Reset the scores, so that the scoring will begin again from that round. When the first round of the Tournament is seeded by score, the player's score at time of joining the tournament is used in that round only.

Ties in Score shall be broken by the following rules, applied in order:

Percentage of wins in the tournament as a whole
The cumulative number of Game rounds required to win the games they have won in the tournament (winning in less rounds is better)
The order in which the player joined the tournament (first player to join wins)

show: Round description for your tournament
Colonel Swifte

Re: Auto Tourney Advancement Question

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:53 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Swifte. That all makes sense... I hadn't noticed the score reset descriptions starting in round 4. I'm just still getting used to these auto tourneys and didn't realize they had that separate tourney help page. I'll know for future reference.

Thanks again!!!

MP
Colonel MudPuppy

Return to Tournament Archives