Conquer Club

The Amazing Race 2013 (TPA3) Interpretation of Rules

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

A Fast Forward Race should be:

Poll ended at Wed May 07, 2014 2:42 am

in ADDITION to the Leg Games
63%
INSTEAD of the Leg Games between the three teams
38%
to REPLACE all the Leg Games for these three teams
No votes

Total votes : 8

The Amazing Race 2013 (TPA3) Interpretation of Rules

Postby DaveH on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:42 am

I have picked up greenoak's The Amazing Race tournament and this has a "Fast Forward" round. The rule for this states:

"Fast Forwards - The fast forwards will be a 3 team match with a 20 round limit. It will be a random map with the same settings as the rest of the tournament. It will be offered to the teams in the order they start that leg in. As soon as three teams accept it the match will begin. If three teams don’t accept there will not be a fast forward for that leg. Participating teams will still get all the times for that leg added to their total time, but if they win the Fast Forward they will get 3 hours knocked off their time. The other 2 teams will get 1 hour added to their time. ** The rounds from the actual fast forward game will NOT be added to your times. ** "

I interpret this as that this game will be in ADDITION to the normal leg games. However it could be INSTEAD of ALL the leg races for these three teams, which seems unfair, or REPLACES the three leg races that would otherwise occur. While conducting the poll I have cancelled the leg races between the three teams (where I can) which may need to be reinstated.
Last edited by DaveH on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant DaveH

Re: The Amazing Race 2013 (TPA3) Interpretation of Rules

Postby General Brewsie on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:02 am

Dave, I'm sorry, but I don't know what is meant by a "Fast Forward" game, so I can't respond properly to your survey.

DaveH wrote:I have picked up greenoak's The Amazing Race tournament and this has a "Fast Forward" round. The rule for this states:

"Fast Forwards - The fast forwards will be a 3 team match with a 20 round limit. It will be a random map with the same settings as the rest of the tournament. It will be offered to the teams in the order they start that leg in. As soon as three teams accept it the match will begin. If three teams don’t accept there will not be a fast forward for that leg. Participating teams will still get all the times for that leg added to their total time, but if they win the Fast Forward they will get 3 hours knocked off their time. The other 2 teams will get 1 hour added to their time. ** The rounds from the actual fast forward game will NOT be added to your times. ** "

I interpret this as that this game will be in ADDITION to the normal leg games. However it could be INSTEAD of ALL the leg races for these three teams, which seems unfair, or REPLACES the three leg races that would otherwise occur. While conducting the poll I have cancelled the leg races between the three teams (where I can) which may need to be reinstated.
Corporal 1st Class General Brewsie

Postby sempaispellcheck on Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:39 am

Dave, I think your initial interpretation is correct. The rule states:
DaveH wrote:Participating teams will still get all the times for that leg added to their total time

which seems to me to indicate that they still play all the leg games for that round.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby friendly1 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:00 am

Actually the first fast forward round was played with NO leg games for any teams, it was a special round which only the top three teams were able to play in (if they chose), one single trips game.

You can confirm by checking games created in the first fast forward round, there should only be 1 trips game and no others

I didn't save the pm from green, but pretty sure he had stated if the fast forward game was not agreed to by all three top teams then the tourney just advanced to the next round.
Sergeant 1st Class friendly1

Postby DaveH on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:08 am

Thanks for that - I have also come across the game show rules that greenoaks must have used for the basis of his tournament: TV Show Rules

A Fast Forward is a task that, once completed, allows the team that completes it to bypass all remaining tasks in the leg and proceed directly to the Pit Stop. The Fast Forward clue is given with another task clue (usually a Roadblock or Detour) and is a separate task from the others. Only one team may complete a Fast Forward in any given leg, and a team may only complete one Fast Forward in the entire Race. The exception to this rule is in seasons wherein the Fast Forward is offered in conjunction with the Intersection, in which case a team may win the Fast Forward both as an individual team and as a team working with another as part of the Intersection instructions. Teams that win the Fast Forward are not guaranteed a first-place finish for that leg and still face elimination if they arrive at the Pit Stop last. Multiple teams may undertake Fast Forward tasks, but only the first team to complete the task gets credit.

Not very helpful I guess! :?
Lieutenant DaveH

Postby General Brewsie on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:09 am

Exceedingly complicated. I'll just play the games as they become available and do my best to always win.
Corporal 1st Class General Brewsie

Postby Aussie02 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:39 pm

friendly1 wrote:Actually the first fast forward round was played with NO leg games for any teams, it was a special round which only the top three teams were able to play in (if they chose), one single trips game.

You can confirm by checking games created in the first fast forward round, there should only be 1 trips game and no others

I didn't save the pm from green, but pretty sure he had stated if the fast forward game was not agreed to by all three top teams then the tourney just advanced to the next round.

+1
Cadet Aussie02

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:40 pm

reading it again i think you are right Dave H and my earl;ier interpretation was mistaken....

all teams do the leg.
3 teams have an opportunity to play an additional game , whose # of rounds dont count to their race time , but the winners shave hoursd , the losers gain an hour

it'll be a single game, on a random map, as you've set it up ... not entirely sure why greenoaks decided to skipo the earlier fast forwatrd though i know he posted a reason i didn;t understand at the time
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
General t4mcr53s2

Postby DaveH on Thu May 01, 2014 10:35 am

Thanks for the feedback, guys and I think it is clearer. I'll wait until all the leg 7 games are completed and adjust the Leg 8 games accordingly. I also think that I will put the games out over a number of days in the race order tp make it a bit easier to join correctly.
Lieutenant DaveH

Return to Tournament Archives