Conquer Club

Benga, tournament laziness & incompetence.

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Benga, tournament laziness & incompetence.

Postby xroads on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Benga has decided he wants to be lazy & change the settings of this tournament. viewtopic.php?t=201629

I know it is alot of work to make all these games, but that is what the tournament organizer is supposed to do.

He asked for the settings & games for the final round, and I replied we wanted them the exact same as last round. For some reason that is not good enough for him. He doesnt seem to read or understand private messages.

Here are todays PM's about the matter.

xroads why are all the games random? that isnt how it was supposed to be set up

Benga you were both supposed to send me list with games, players and settings,
none of you did so, so you are playing random

xroads Bullshit!

I answered you the same day that we wanted them all the same as last round. I still have it in my sent folder & have a screen shot of it. It is not my fault you cant read your messages.

Just like you didnt get the message about Gabriel taking NOS spot.

remake our home games the same as last round.

Benga same as last round isn't the complete list
I am not writing the games instead of you, I am just making games
I have told you this in round 1 and then again in round 2, but you keep being stubborn, with your half ass lazy solutions

xroads Why is it so hard to understand make the same games as the previous round. Pretty fucking easy if you ask me.

You are the one being fucking lazy. How about a follow up pm saying, you have 24 hours to send me games or they will be made random?

Make them fucking right, or I will get the tourny admins involved.

benga

join the games or i kick you from finals
Major xroads

Re: Benga, tournament laziness & incompetence.

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:47 pm

When you have problems in tournaments, those should be posted in the Tournament General Info forum or PMed directly to me. C&A doesn't deal with tournament issues and you're lucky I stumbled across this one.
Major Night Strike

Postby xroads on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:49 pm

Sorry, first time I have ever had to deal with something like this, so thought abuse would be a good starting point
Major xroads

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Moving this to tournaments.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby emilywink on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:25 am

hmmmmm

Benga, i enjoy playing in your tourneys and don't want to butt heads.

we just want to have our home maps (for the finals) be the maps we used in round 1 and round 2 and not all random maps.

If we write them down again then can we use the maps we choose? Not trying to give you more work, just didn't want to change the maps...
Major emilywink

Postby xroads on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:36 am

I just find it hard to believe that.

Make our home games the same fucking way they were last round is so fucking hard to understand?????????

He is the tourny host, it is his job to make the games & keep in contact with everyone.
Major xroads

Postby gannable on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:26 am

Xroad is correct about Benja

I was a captain of the team Xroads beat in last round.

There was zero communication from Benja throughout the process. The competition began because Xroads and myself communicated with each other without assistance from Benja. It went about 4 weeks without any communication from Benja.

Whenever one of us proposed a question to Benja he responded in a rude, belligerent, condescending manner. When I asked about the opposing sides games, Benja began berating me for being lazy and how he was going to make my team forfeit.

It was the first time I had been in a tournament where the host didn't create the games or at least give you some guidance.

Benja lacks the maturity and professionalism to host a tournament; and I believe there is a psychological deficiency.
Any issue that is occurring at the moment is uncountable due to Benja's personal weaknesses.
Lieutenant gannable

Postby gannable on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:27 am

gannable wrote:Xroad is correct about Benja

I was a captain of the team Xroads beat in last round.

There was zero communication from Benja throughout the process. The competition began because Xroads and myself communicated with each other without assistance from Benja. It went about 4 weeks without any communication from Benja.

Whenever one of us proposed a question to Benja he responded in a rude, belligerent, condescending manner. When I asked about the opposing sides games, Benja began berating me for being lazy and how he was going to make my team forfeit.

It was the first time I had been in a tournament where the host didn't create the games or at least give you some guidance.

Benja lacks the maturity and professionalism to host a tournament; and I believe there is a psychological deficiency.
Any issue that is occurring at the moment is undoubtedly due to Benja's personal weaknesses.
Lieutenant gannable

Postby gannable on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:39 am

the emails auto deleted

but i remember an email in which I asked Benja to send me the games from Xroads team.

Benja responded in a tirade calling me lazy for not finding the games myself. He blasted me in approximately a 4 sentence paragraph; caused because I asked him a question.

As I said, he provided us with zero assistance in the process.

I don't know if it was that time of the month for him, but I guess it wasn't because he was belligerent every time we communicated with him; well, when he did respond, half the the time he never answered our emails
Lieutenant gannable

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:21 am

xroads wrote:I just find it hard to believe that.

Make our home games the same fucking way they were last round is so fucking hard to understand?????????

He is the tourny host, it is his job to make the games & keep in contact with everyone.

Conversely, why is it so hard for you to provide a list of the games and settings you want? Maybe it would be easy enough for him to copy it over from the last time, but it would be just as easy for you.

It's called "fake clan war" ... if it was a real clan war you would be expected to keep track of this information yourself, so why would you expect any different in a simulation?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby xroads on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:28 am

It isnt,

But isnt that the whole job of the tournament organizer?

It is pretty bad he cant even acknowledge an email, or send a follow up. It is just pure laziness.

He has to make the games, I cant. All he has to do is make them the same way he did last round. Same game, same player, same settings.
Major xroads

Postby gannable on Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Duke,

as i said, it's not about whether or the not it should be simple for the clan leader to provide the games.

the host provided zero guidance and then he responds with belligerent, insulting comments when you ask him a question; or he ignores you altogether.

its easy for some one to comment that it should be easy for the clan leader to do this or that but you're not in the situation. You're not dealing with the behavior of the host, so you really don't know whats going on - and we're telling you what's going on so you're in no position to debate it.
Lieutenant gannable

Postby IcePack on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:23 pm

xroads wrote:It isnt,

But isnt that the whole job of the tournament organizer?

It is pretty bad he cant even acknowledge an email, or send a follow up. It is just pure laziness.

He has to make the games, I cant. All he has to do is make them the same way he did last round. Same game, same player, same settings.

It might be his job to make the games, but it isn't his job to go back through the tournament and research your past games & settings if they are able to be changed from tournament to finals etc.

Saying "same as last round" tells him zero. No TO is going to memorize every teams preferred map or settings, especially someone's running multiple events / tournaments at a time.

I tend to agree with Duk, he asked for info and even tho it might be simple to look it up, it's just as easy to provide the info. How many posts and time did it take to argue as opposed to just answering the question?

As far as not being in the situation or dealing with the host, many people have dealt with him in the past on tournaments and events. Even when I've made mistakes, he's been responsive and pleasant to deal with.

Seems a simple enough thing, write map and settings or you'll get stuck with random. No direct answer was given so random was made and now there are complaints because you wanted to argue instead of answer. I'd have done the same thing (make random).

Just an outsiders opinion here for what it's worth
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:24 pm

I am the opponent of xroad in the final.
In the contrary of xroad I did not respond benga email I forgot.

Nevertheless, this is wrong :

How many posts and time did it take to argue as opposed to just answering the question?

Concerning xroad, he said, "Make the same". Then benga didn't reply to him. And that's it. If benga had said that's not enough maybe there would have been argument. But as far as I understand xroad posts, xroad replied something, and benga said nothing then did random.

As for me, it's my fault I didn't reply benga, but I would have like to have a reminder, like "send me game tomorrow or I'll make them random". There were, as far as I remember, no date to give the game list back, and I simply forgot.

Well, now only one member of my team had started the game against one of xroad member. So we are waiting.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby gannable on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:14 am

you sort of made my point

instead of calmly and politely explaining that we should make the games ourselves.

when I proposed the question of how to I get a copy of Xroads' team's games, Benja immediately responded with a belligerent tirade of how im lazy, he doesnt have time for this, I'm stupid, and after all that he tells me to look in the history to find the games.

My question, "I'm trying to prepare our games for the next round. Where are xroads' games? Can you send a copy?"

Benja could have said, "you can find xroads games from their last round. Just do a simple search, and this is how you do the search......"

Instead it was

"What! You're lazy, I' don't have time for this, You're stupid. I'll make you forfeit. I guess i have to do all of this by myself, blah, blah, blah "

You can't justify or rationalize that reaction based on someone asking a question in a polite, respectful manner. I wasn't demanding him to do anything.

Don't tell me I'm wrong if you weren't involved in those emails.

I never had a host respond in such a childish, unprofessional manner.
Lieutenant gannable

Postby Donelladan on Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:53 am

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=201629&start=25

benga wrote:winners:
xroads
Gabriel13
vlademir
emilywink
thecrown

Only 1 fifth of the games have been played but benga declared them winner.

Is this matter being discussed by the tournament directors???
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Night Strike on Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Donelladan wrote:Is this matter being discussed by the tournament directors???

Yes. Apparently my instructions to make the games with the correct settings wasn't direct enough.
Major Night Strike

Postby xroads on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Donelladan wrote:Is this matter being discussed by the tournament directors???

Yes. Apparently my instructions to make the games with the correct settings wasn't direct enough.

He probably didn't read your pm either.
Major xroads

Postby Serbia on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:04 pm

IcePack wrote:It might be his job to make the games, but it isn't his job to go back through the tournament and research your past games & settings if they are able to be changed from tournament to finals etc.

Saying "same as last round" tells him zero. No TO is going to memorize every teams preferred map or settings, especially someone's running multiple events / tournaments at a time.

Keeping track of details in your tournament absolutely is your job, if you're the organizer. Any good organizer keeps track of every single aspect of his tournament. I run all mine in Excel, and keep track of everything. If I'm letting people pick their maps and settings, you can bet I'm recording all selections. It's the responsible thing to do. If you're not willing to keep those records, than either run simpler tournaments, or lock in all settings at the start of the tournament. And even if you don't keep track of them, CC does - every made game is still searchable.

Sounds to me like Benga is a lazy organizer. It's his job to maintain communication with his participants. It's his job to keep track of his participants preferred settings, and it's his JOB to make every effort at getting those preferred settings, even if they are lazy in responding to him.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Lindax on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Serbia wrote:
IcePack wrote:It might be his job to make the games, but it isn't his job to go back through the tournament and research your past games & settings if they are able to be changed from tournament to finals etc.

Keeping track of details in your tournament absolutely is your job, if you're the organizer. Any good organizer keeps track of every single aspect of his tournament. I run all mine in Excel, and keep track of everything. If I'm letting people pick their maps and settings, you can bet I'm recording all selections. It's the responsible thing to do. If you're not willing to keep those records, than either run simpler tournaments, or lock in all settings at the start of the tournament. And even if you don't keep track of them, CC does - every made game is still searchable.

Sounds to me like Benga is a lazy organizer. It's his job to maintain communication with his participants. It's his job to keep track of his participants preferred settings, and it's his JOB to make every effort at getting those preferred settings, even if they are lazy in responding to him.

Bollocks.

Well said.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Armandolas on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:24 am

Serbia wrote:Keeping track of details in your tournament absolutely is your job, if you're the organizer. Any good organizer keeps track of every single aspect of his tournament. I run all mine in Excel, and keep track of everything. If I'm letting people pick their maps and settings, you can bet I'm recording all selections. It's the responsible thing to do. If you're not willing to keep those records, than either run simpler tournaments, or lock in all settings at the start of the tournament. And even if you don't keep track of them, CC does - every made game is still searchable.

Bollocks.

this
politeness/respect from both parts should also be n1 priority
Colonel Armandolas

Return to Tournament Archives