Conquer Club

Long term team series

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Long term team series

Postby Kotaro on Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Hey TD's,

I'm curious as to what your experience is with players, specifically teams, lasting through series. I was thinking of throwing together a series based on a game I used to enjoy, but the layout of this mega tournament would likely be 18 qualifiers (all doubles), until you hit the main event.

Has anyone tried anything similar and been able to keep up the interest, or is this kind of idea a bit of a stretch for tournaments on CC these days?

Are people looking for incentives? The price tag on this site is pretty weak, could probably throw months at people as prizes if that draws out a few more teams.

Just curious what the activity/culture here is like these days.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Re: Long term team series

Postby benga on Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:27 am

Hi!

Getting 8 teams per tournament should not be that hard, depends on your setup.
You can post here for people to see/add comment.
Sergeant benga

Postby barterer2002 on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:27 pm

I don’t think it’s that tough. 8 teams was a fairly simple thing especially if a few of the clan partners get interested.
Major barterer2002

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:24 pm

I think 8 is doable, but I feel like there are about 12ish teams that play tournaments these days, unless I just pick really odd settings that people don't like the idea of.
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Kotaro on Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:57 am

Swimmerdude99 wrote:I think 8 is doable, but I feel like there are about 12ish teams that play tournaments these days, unless I just pick really odd settings that people don't like the idea of.

Little late, already started the series :P

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=234085

Tournament 1 was announced August 18th, and it started on August 25th (7 days). It reached the final round on Sept. 30th, allowing for the next tournament to start. However, one team had iamcaffeine, who is legendary for drawing out turns, for 2 out of 3 rounds.

Tournament 2 was announced Sept. 30th, and it started on Oct. 2nd (2 days). 2 teams who attempted to sign up were rejected, because they had players that had already advanced to the main event. Of the 16 team slots that were available for this tournament, there were only 3 teams exactly the same for both; one player had a new partner, so that's 12.5 unique teams.

I could see the tournament winding up taking 9 months, and may think of a way to cut it down (possibly an event with 4 teams qualifying, but only those who make finals getting premium prizes), but we'll see. Tournament 2 is 1 set of 3 away from entering finals and starting the final round. If signups stay this strong too, we can get to the end faster.

edit; side note, i actually screwed up on invites for a round, or it's possible that 2nd tournament would be in final round already. woops.

So I think it's doable, and it's possible we wrap up in February with the main event, depending on players commitment
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:24 pm

Oops! Time stamps are important eh!

Sounds like its going well then :)
High Score: 3435
Major Swimmerdude99

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion