Conquer Club

Risk Super League - HELP REQUIRED

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Risk Super League - HELP REQUIRED

Postby Craig25 on Fri May 07, 2021 2:57 am

Hi All

I really need someones expert knowledge from CC.

The Super League is set to grow to 210 Players next Season. Those players make up 21 Leagues of 10 Players, playing each other in 2 Match Ups (Home and Away), a Match Up comprising 4 games.

That is a WHOPPING 7,560 games that need to be set up. The Season after that, it will be bigger again!

CAN THE SET UP OF GAMES BE AUTOMATIC????? IT NEEDS TO BE:

- Full fixture list would be available from the start of every Season.
- To Start a Batch of Games would need to be set up (inviting only 1 of the 2 players to the game). The 2nd PLAYER WILL ALWAYS BE MANUALLY INVITED after the invited player has accepted the game invites.
- EVERY 3 DAYS another ROUND OF FIXTURES IS SET UP. (With 2 invites needing accepted 1 after the other for every game - 1 an auto iunvite from CC and the 2nd player a Manual invite, it is a slighly longer joining process than inviting 2 players to a game at the same time)

Can this be done? WE DESPERATELY NEED SOME CC LOVE AND SUPPORT ON THIS ONE!

If you want to view the current Season, go here:

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=235773
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Location: Scotland - Please Vote Yes to Full Independance - A Financially and Morally Better Country

Re: Risk Super League - HELP REQUIRED

Postby Craig25 on Fri May 07, 2021 5:33 am

Just keeping anyone who is interested in this discussion informed on progress. A response from Benga:

"Things not possible with AT:

2 Games on your HOME MAP + 2 Games on a Random Map
You accept Game Invites Last - Can move immediatly taking full advantage of your opponent not getting any snaps!
TIE BREAKERS
EVERY 3 DAYS another ROUND OF FIXTURES IS SET UP

I think most of these will never be implemented.
If you want to use AT you need to simplify your tournament.
Finish season 1 and then we can change if you are willing to change the whole setup."
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Location: Scotland - Please Vote Yes to Full Independance - A Financially and Morally Better Country

Postby Craig25 on Fri May 07, 2021 5:36 am

My response to Benga:

Sorry, I do not understand your response. Maybe it is just me but I would appreciate some clarity to give me a better understanding. To be clear, all I am asking is that games are automatically set up with only 1 player invited. No More, no less. Everything else will be managed by Tournament Organisers.

"Things not possible with AT:

2 Games on your HOME MAP + 2 Games on a Random Map"

Can you not Simply set Up 2 set up streams, like it is 2 seperate tournaments?, 1 for Random Maps and 1 for Home Maps. If not, why not?

"You accept Game Invites Last - Can move immediatly taking full advantage of your opponent not getting any snaps!"

Why would this be a concern to you? All you are doing is setting up games with only 1 player invited. The above is taken care of with Me inviting the 2nd player after the 1st player has accepted your auto-invite.

"TIE BREAKERS"

There are no Tie Breaker games. "TIE BREAKERS" refer to the rules that are applied when players finish level on points and goal difference. But, the Team managing the Tournament are responsible for this anyway, not CC.

"EVERY 3 DAYS another ROUND OF FIXTURES IS SET UP"

I actually get this one. You are saying that CC cannot schedule a list of games in a tournament to be automatically created. It is a very basic capability not to have though.

If you can give me more info on the above that would be very helpful.

Also, giving me a full understanding of what can be done using 'AT' would allow me to shape tournaments accordingly.

Maybe a post on the Tournament Forum explaining the full capability of 'AT' to Tournament Organisers would be beneficial?

Regards

Craig
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Craig25 on Fri May 07, 2021 6:16 am

We are getting somewhere, Benga's reply:

2 Games on your HOME MAP + 2 Games on a Random Map"

Can you not Simply set Up 2 set up streams, like it is 2 seperate tournaments?, 1 for Random Maps and 1 for Home Maps. If not, why not?

You can't setup a round robin using home maps.
All the players would need to play all the games.

"You accept Game Invites Last - Can move immediatly taking full advantage of your opponent not getting any snaps!"

Why would this be a concern to you? All you are doing is setting up games with only 1 player invited. The above is taken care of with Me inviting the 2nd player after the 1st player has accepted your auto-invite.

This is not how AT works. There are no invites. Games are created without need to accept invites.

TIE BREAKERS"

There are no Tie Breaker games. "TIE BREAKERS" refer to the rules that are applied when players finish level on points and goal difference. But, the Team managing the Tournament are responsible for this anyway, not CC.

This can be bypassed by having a separate tournament for each league, but not for current system where you need to have promotion/reelgation

EVERY 3 DAYS another ROUND OF FIXTURES IS SET UP"

I actually get this one. You are saying that CC cannot schedule a list of games in a tournament to be automatically created. It is a very basic capability not to have though.

correct, all the games need to finish before moving to another round

here you can find more info about AT
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Craig25 on Fri May 07, 2021 6:20 am

Tournaments just may get a lot better soon........my response to Benga.

Hi Benga

TY for that. Just 3 things I don't fully understand:

"This is not how AT works. There are no invites. Games are created without need to accept invites."
- Could you not simply create a 2 player game with only 1 player in it and one free spot?

"This can be bypassed by having a separate tournament for each league, but not for current system where you need to have promotion/reelgation"
- If it can be bypassed by having a seperate tournament for each league then 100% that would work. After Promotion and relegation then it is simply another new tournament/League, all be it, there will be 21 Leagues next season. Each League comprising 360 games.

"correct, all the games need to finish before moving to another round"
- This is a very basic capability not to have, but there is a way around this. If 1 player can be invited to a 2 player game. Then set all the Seasons games up at once. Then, the Tournament Organisers can moderate the frequency of games starting by the rate they invite the 2nd players to join the games.

And Ty for the Link.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby benga on Fri May 07, 2021 11:49 am

I don't have anything to hide, but be sure to follow Community Guidelines.

2. Do NOT post personal information about others without their direct consent.
Sergeant benga

Postby Craig25 on Sat May 08, 2021 2:14 am

?

I thought the opportunity to find out what Auto Tournaments can actually do would be a good thing for people to read Benga.

It turns out not very much.

But if you would rather I delete this post then it's no problem. Just let me know.

benga wrote:I don't have anything to hide, but be sure to follow Community Guidelines.

2. Do NOT post personal information about others without their direct consent.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Craig25 on Sat May 08, 2021 3:36 am

And to complete the conversation on what is possible on Auto Tournaments:

"Thank you Benga.

That's a real shame that no automation is possible other than for very basic tournaments.

However, at least now I know what is and is not possible.

It's a real shame we can't AT games with only 1 spot filled, that does in 'Home' and 'Away' tournaments.

But the biggest hole in capability is being unable to schedule the start of games. That makes any Leagues practically impossible. Imagine 200 players in a tournament, and 199 of them are forced to play at the speed of the slowest player in the Tournament?

If you get an opportunity to change anything, CHANGE THAT!!

Coolio, Ty for help.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby benga on Sat May 08, 2021 7:56 am

Thank you, your comments have already been taken into consideration, as are from all other players.
Sergeant benga

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion