Conquer Club

Standardise The Prize.................POLL!

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Tournament Players, What do you want as a Tournament Prize Structure?

Poll ended at Thu May 20, 2021 5:40 am

- Eggs, Clovers, Hearts, Stockings, Gift Boxes, Red Stars, Yellow Stars, Cyan Stars, Mad Dice Eggs, Pink Stars....
5%
- Tournament Tokens & Credits
85%
- We have 'NO PRIZES' in Tournaments at all.
10%

Total votes : 59

Standardise The Prize.................POLL!

Postby Craig25 on Sun May 09, 2021 4:45 am

Hi Troops!

As you are all aware, I am on a quest to "Make CC Great Again", all be it, 1 Tournament at a time :D

Take the time to read this 1st, then vote. Please add comments too by replying to this post.

But, some things on CC are so obviously wrong, I need to propose changes to the Troops! Because, it's you guys who make CC work!

Tournament Prize Structure + Random Drops

I had a quick look in my inventory. I have Love Hearts, Clovers, Mad Master Tokens, Mad Dice Eggs (which look pretty good but WTAF are they..), various other eggs (not as cool as the mad dice eggs), Super Tournaments Eggs, Stockings, Gift Boxes, Great War Tokens, Conquer Stars (about 3000 of them in all different colours).

I have been here 20 years and I have almost no idea what any of these things are...............Do you guys feel the same????

Who wishes you knew exactly what prizes were and what they were worth? Who wants to look at the Tournament Page and know exactly the value of any prizes?

This needs a massive overhaul. And it needs to move to something more exciting and simpler.

CC provide MORE THAN ENOUGH sponsorship of Tournaments at the moment (by way of prizes). But, if it could be used SMARTER, we would be having much more fun in Tournaments!

Suggestion

1 Structure of entry and prizes for All Tournaments.

CC Tournaments and Player Tournaments should be treated equally.

Tournament Tokens: A total number of how many each player has in your profile. Every year when you renew your membership you get a set amount of them (example 1500). These can only be used to enter Tournaments.

Tournaments:

There will be 4 Levels of Tournaments: FREE / Low / Medium / High

Free = Free to Enter.
Low = A very low cost in Tournament Tokens to enter, example, between 1 and 50
Medium = A Medium cost in Tournament Tokens to Enter, example, between 50 and 150
High = 150-500 Tournament Tokens

Prizes

This is where it gets great!

EVERY TOURNAMENT WILL HAVE PRIZES! - These will be the CREDITS we currently use in the store, SIMPLE!

THE SAME FORMULAE WILL BE USED TO CALCULATE PRIZES FOR EACH TOURNAMENT. So, it will be entirely fair.

If you enter a Tournament with 500 Runners and win it you are going to be rich! (figuratively speaking). And if you enter a Tournament with 16 players, you may not be rich, but you will still get that warm and fuzzy feeling when you SCUD a Tournament!

Prize Calculation

We take the annual budget of CC for promoting Tournaments and split it into 2 Pots.

1 Pot to pay for the Tournament Token System Above, and 1 Pot for Sponsorship.

1st Pot - Tournament Token Entry Fees:
ANY TOURNAMENT WITH A TOURNAMENT TOKEN ENTRY FEE - ALL FEE's WILL BE RETURNED IN PRIZES.

2nd Pot - Sponsorship:
Every Tournament will receive sponsorship from CC. The calculation for how much will be dependant on NUMBER OF PLAYERS ENTRING and NUMBER OF GAMES REQUIRED TO WIN A TOURNAMENT. That way we can insure, the reward for winning a 500 Player Tournament, far outweighs the reward forwinning a Tournament involving 20 Players. Or a Tournaent with 7000 games, gets more support than a Tournament with only 100 games.

Total Tournament Prize in Each Tournament:
Both Pots added together and you have the Indicative or Exact Prize Structure. In most Tournaments you will know exactly how much it will be immediatly.

The Small Print
-Somebody smarter than me would have to do the exchange rate between Tournament Token and how they would translate to Credit Prizes.
-Calculating Total Sponsorship Spend should be a relatively straight forward formulae.

DROPS
Instead of random Drops, Drop Tournament Tickes to players to enter Tournaments. When players don't play Tournaments and they get a Random Drop to Enter a 'LOW Value' Tournament. After looking at the Tournament plage for 60 Seconds, they will know what it is and how to use it!

BENEFITS:

1. MORE EXCITEMENT
2. BETTER TOURNAMENTS
3 MORE PLAYERS
4. MORE BUY IN FROM PLAYERS WHEN SOMETHING IS AT STAKE ALL THE TIME
5. This is a BIG STEP TOWARDS MAKING CC GREAT AGAIN

POLL

What do you want as a Tournament Prize Structure?

- Eggs, Clovers, Hearts, Stockings, Gift Boxes, Red Stars, Yellow Stars, Cyan Stars, Mad Dice Eggs, Pink Stars....

- Tournament Tokens & Credits

- Or we scrap all prizes completely from Tournaments and just play for the love of the game

VOTE AWAY TROOPS!
Last edited by Craig25 on Mon May 10, 2021 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Location: Scotland - Please Vote Yes to Full Independance - A Financially and Morally Better Country

Re: Standardise The Prize.................POLL!

Postby czech59 on Sun May 09, 2021 6:11 am

I have no idea what all those badges and do-hickys are that I get from CC. Far as i know, they do nothing. Tournament badges and tokens would be a better prize for sure.
Sergeant czech59

Postby czech59 on Sun May 09, 2021 6:13 am

And if I can get Credits that are useful, then that would be the best option.
Sergeant czech59

Postby kennyp72 on Sun May 09, 2021 6:28 am

I also have lots of 'inventory' that seems worthless.

Really enjoy tournament play and think that Craig has done great work in promoting them.
Corporal kennyp72

Postby nkholley on Sun May 09, 2021 7:20 am

Not sure about these items and what they do. I know I have them but again why? Have enjoyed the games and have tried some that I have never played but will again. Thanks for expanding my gaming choices for the future! Good job.
Sergeant nkholley

Postby Iron City Brewer on Sun May 09, 2021 8:37 am

I'm fine either way as long as we know what items are worth and how we can use them. Seems like the tokens would be simpler in that regard.
Lieutenant Iron City Brewer

Postby Rommell on Sun May 09, 2021 9:01 am

I like this approach. Consider my vote cast.
Sergeant 1st Class Rommell

Postby actorday on Sun May 09, 2021 9:13 am

Agree 100% with you Craig. Vote cast
Lieutenant actorday

Postby simplyred60 on Sun May 09, 2021 9:30 am

I would follow your lead, Craig25, you have a very progressive outlook on what makes involvement enjoyable.
Good luck Scotland!
simplyred60
Major simplyred60

Postby joxter14 on Sun May 09, 2021 9:53 am

Seems that game credits or tourney tokens or free months of membership would be the best prize for the winners as they transfer to real dollars. And what the heck happens when you sacrifice things to the conquer gods?
Lieutenant joxter14

Postby islanderpfeifer on Sun May 09, 2021 10:02 am

Good greetings to all:
Lets put it to a vote!
Please consider the following question!
Why not eliminate players who miss four (4) Non-Consecutive turns?
By my reasoning skills, there appears to be players who use the strategy or tactic of missing turns on purpose in order to stock troops without risk! Do you agree or not? If you do agree, then what are our alternative options in dealing with this issue. Please join me in requesting the powers that be the website administration of Conquer Club to institute that new rule of eliminating a player who misses four (4) or more turns in a game that are not consecutive! Thank you for your support.
IP
Captain islanderpfeifer

Location: Aloha from Central Ohio; the heart of, the heart of it all.

Postby imstillurdaddy on Sun May 09, 2021 10:29 am

Tournament tokens

Another possible improvement - when you get a high number of entries you could divide into divisions based on rank like you do already but prizes are awarded for winning their division --- that way lower ranked players (I won't mention any names here) would still have a fair crack at winning something

If you already do this then I missed it in the forums

Cheers,

UrDaddy
Lieutenant imstillurdaddy

Postby SNARF17WD on Sun May 09, 2021 10:39 am

All tournaments should be free to enter , don't know when they started this entry rubbish , must have been during my exile , tournaments are my main reason for this site .

One of the other posts about missed turns , totally agree , you miss a turn , why should you get extra troops for it , punish them , not reward them
Corporal 1st Class SNARF17WD

Postby Craig25 on Sun May 09, 2021 12:14 pm

Thank you to all for responses so far, but "what the heck happens when you sacrifice things to the conquer gods?" really did make me laugh!

joxter14 wrote:Seems that game credits or tourney tokens or free months of membership would be the best prize for the winners as they transfer to real dollars. And what the heck happens when you sacrifice things to the conquer gods?
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Location: Scotland - Please Vote Yes to Full Independance - A Financially and Morally Better Country

Postby Craig25 on Sun May 09, 2021 12:23 pm

Hey Snarf, TY for comments.

Some players must play those Tournaments, so, anything that currently works should continue.

But in my proposal, you get a starting amount of Tournament Tokens every time you join, so you can still play those Tournaments for FREE.

Plus the actual FREE Tournaments would still have prizes worked out at the same rate as the Tournaments above. Only difference is you wouldnt have Tournament Token entry fees being added to the Pot.

If you wanted to gamble and play Tournaments with 500 Tournament Credit entry fees then you could buy credits. But, there is absolutely no requirement to do so. You can still get maximum enjoyment as most players will be working to their starting Tournament Token Budget. And dare I say FREE Tournaments will still be popular.

But, for Tournament Organisers it gives more flexibility to Set up great Tournaments. Should you have an entry fee, how much should it be, fixed/unlimited number of players, etc. More flexinility equals better Tournaments.

And ofcourse, were all going to play the BIG 500 Credit TOURNAMENTS if we have credits left at the end of the Year!

RE MISSING TURNS SUGGESTION: That is generic to CC and should be posted in suggestions. It is not related to this Tournament Prize Structure discussion.

SNARF17WD wrote:All tournaments should be free to enter , don't know when they started this entry rubbish , must have been during my exile , tournaments are my main reason for this site .

One of the other posts about missed turns , totally agree , you miss a turn , why should you get extra troops for it , punish them , not reward them
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby DBandit70 on Sun May 09, 2021 1:18 pm

I wish they'd change the system, but I really doubt it will happen. but I'd defiantly vote yes for the change
Major DBandit70

Postby egerskydiver on Sun May 09, 2021 2:33 pm

I'm fine with the idea; great work, Craig!
Sergeant 1st Class egerskydiver

Postby Wooddruff on Sun May 09, 2021 3:27 pm

Thank you for all the great work.

Prizes/Credits/Tokens that are redeemable would be great.

Idea: Create a poll and see how much interest there is from the CC community in using a digital currency or token as the entry fee and prize rewards. There are plenty of gaming tokens already created, with followings, liquidity and operable that can be utilized as a CC token.
Sergeant 1st Class Wooddruff

Postby Kotaro on Sun May 09, 2021 3:41 pm

I mean yes, free money just for playing would be nice, but demanding that a game site reward you with money just for existing won't go very far, no matter what kind of poll you put up.

But since your tournaments are so great they're going to turn CC around, why do you need the money?
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby Craig25 on Sun May 09, 2021 4:41 pm

Very interesting slant on this!

That's 1 for somebody more knowledgeable than me!!!

Wooddruff wrote:Thank you for all the great work.

Prizes/Credits/Tokens that are redeemable would be great.

Idea: Create a poll and see how much interest there is from the CC community in using a digital currency or token as the entry fee and prize rewards. There are plenty of gaming tokens already created, with followings, liquidity and operable that can be utilized as a CC token.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Craig25 on Sun May 09, 2021 4:50 pm

That's my point Bro.

There is already prizes being offered to promote tournament participation.

All I'm saying, is use it better!!

For instance, there is a 32 player KO tournament up at the moment with 500 credits up for grabs.

There's a player led tournament with 4000 games a Season with zero prizes...

On what level is that fair or, value for money for Cc?

Kotaro wrote:I mean yes, free money just for playing would be nice, but demanding that a game site reward you with money just for existing won't go very far, no matter what kind of poll you put up.

But since your tournaments are so great they're going to turn CC around, why do you need the money?
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Cooper12 on Sun May 09, 2021 5:02 pm

i will join
invite me please
Sergeant Cooper12

Postby Craig25 on Sun May 09, 2021 5:28 pm

Cooper, you are as crazy as a coconut! :D

Cooper12 wrote:i will join
invite me please
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Postby Kotaro on Sun May 09, 2021 5:40 pm

Craig25 wrote:That's my point Bro.

For instance, there is a 32 player KO tournament up at the moment with 500 credits up for grabs.

A) Life isn't fair, sorry it took you this long to find out.

B) People don't join tournaments for money. If that were so, my 'CIS/CID' tournaments would be instantly filled, as they offer 3 months apiece and more than 12 months if they get to the major, yet they still take weeks to fill.

C) It's not CC's job to make your tournaments more interesting. Every few days, a large chunk of us get a begging email from you, whether it's to contribute money or to harass CC to give you more money to give out, yet I've never seen where you're contributing the cash for your own tournaments.

tl;dr, put up for your own tournaments, stop begging CC and fellow members to pay to make your tournaments interesting.
Lakad Matataaag!
Normalin, normalin.

TheJonah wrote:I`m not really that arsed. Just supporting my mucker.
Captain Kotaro

Postby Craig25 on Sun May 09, 2021 6:11 pm

:D

I guess the people will speak. Whose with Kotaro?

Oh look, it's Kotaro?

I'll take you off my New Tournament notification list Bro.

That would've been easier.

Kotaro wrote:
Craig25 wrote:That's my point Bro.

A) Life isn't fair, sorry it took you this long to find out.

B) People don't join tournaments for money. If that were so, my 'CIS/CID' tournaments would be instantly filled, as they offer 3 months apiece and more than 12 months if they get to the major, yet they still take weeks to fill.

C) It's not CC's job to make your tournaments more interesting. Every few days, a large chunk of us get a begging email from you, whether it's to contribute money or to harass CC to give you more money to give out, yet I've never seen where you're contributing the cash for your own tournaments.

tl;dr, put up for your own tournaments, stop begging CC and fellow members to pay to make your tournaments interesting.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Craig25

Next

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion