Conquer Club

Ranking same number of victories

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Ranking same number of victories

Postby Mr.Vince on Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:20 am

Hello everyone,

I am participating in an automatic tournament which is called escalating wish. It consisted of many rounds of escalating spoils game, until the top 6 winners will go on to play 20 games together. It seems that I'm currently positioned 7th, with the same number of victories than the player in 6th position. I was originally in the top 6 before their most recent victory.

I wonder what determines the order in which players are positioned in the ranking when it is an automatic tournament.

Thank you in advance for your answers!
Major Mr.Vince

Re: Ranking same number of victories

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:27 am

You can find the info here:

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... urnaments5

Scoring

By default scoring is based on number of Game Wins over the entire tournament. However, individual Rounds may Reset the scores, so that the scoring will begin again from that round. When the first round of the Tournament is seeded by score, the player's score at time of joining the tournament is used in that round only. Players that have been inactive (not logged in) for 7 days at the time of the scoring will have their score zeroed.

Ties in Score shall be broken by the following rules, applied in order:
Percentage of wins in the tournament as a whole
The cumulative number of Game rounds required to win the games they have won in the tournament (since the last point reset, or the start of the tournament if no point reset has occurred). Note: winning in less rounds is better.
The order in which the player joined the tournament (first player to join wins)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: Ranking same number of victories

Postby Mr.Vince on Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:39 pm

Awesome. Thank you for the answer.

I'll win more next time ^^
Major Mr.Vince

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion