Conquer Club

Noob tournament

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Noob tournament

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:52 am

I just joined a tournament that is meant to be for people who have only played 5 games, but when I look at the other competitors in the tournament I can see that some have been on this site for years and have played hundreds of games. What's up with that?
Corporal 1st Class bigtoughralf

Re: Noob tournament

Postby donkeylove on Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:39 am

They, like you, joined before they had cometed 5 games bowever as so few people actually realise they can enter that particular tournament it has taken so long to fill that since joining that tournament they have since completed many more games.

Welcome to CC
Sergeant 1st Class donkeylove

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:27 am

lol, one tournament for 8 people took 5 years to fill up? This site is really that quiet

Also once I joined the tournament was full, but it didn't start and now someone has left. How do we launch it?

Postby Mad777 on Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:47 am

bigtoughralf wrote:lol, one tournament for 8 people took 5 years to fill up? This site is really that quiet

Also once I joined the tournament was full, but it didn't start and now someone has left. How do we launch it?

There should be a bug, entry is coded per what you describe, doesn’t matter the length it takes to fill.

I have reported to webmaster to verify why players with +200 game finished were able to join.
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:27 am

Thanks

Postby bigtoughralf on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:48 am

So I just dropped out of the noob tournament and joined the 'super noob' tournament, and it's the same. First profile I checked was some guy with 200+ games.

Postby Mad777 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:30 am

bigtoughralf wrote:So I just dropped out of the noob tournament and joined the 'super noob' tournament, and it's the same. First profile I checked was some guy with 200+ games.

After reviewing the tournament ID it shows this iteration has been out for a while, so it is possible the player who joined at its creation was fulfilling the entry requirements but has gained much more games since.
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion