Conquer Club

Mass PMing

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mass PMing

Postby Night Strike on Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Public Service Announcement

PLEASE avoid sending out massive PMs using the "Add" button when you are sending out invitations to your tournaments or sending out the games. It gets VERY annoying to those people who have to keep receiving your replies due to the new "Reply to All" function.

Until things are fixed or cleaned up, please add the long list of players using the "Add [BCC]" button. This will keep everyone who receives the PM from receiving subsequent replies. Thanks.

~Night Strike
Major Night Strike

Re: Mass PMing

Postby barterer2002 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:05 pm

Are there plans to fix it or is Lack going to leave us hanging some more with no word.
Major barterer2002

Postby Night Strike on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:07 pm

barterer2002 wrote:Are there plans to fix it or is Lack going to leave us hanging some more with no word.

I have absolutely no idea. :(

The best bet will be to go to the php site and see if someone has written a MOD or hack yet that he might be able to install.
Major Night Strike

Postby AtreidesHouse on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:56 am

I do agree, it is most annoying
And that day dawned when Arrakis lay at the hub of the universe with the wheel poised to spin

Winner of Mario and Sonic Tournament
Winner of A Quick KO Tournament
Private 1st Class AtreidesHouse

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:59 am

I'm about 10 more annoying PMs from disabling mine altogether. I get far too many, far, far too many PMs in general to have to deal with extra ones pushing ones that are important out of my inbox.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby barterer2002 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:33 pm

Since all the threads complaining about the change are getting merged into the thread that asked for a reply to all button with a note of {done} on the top I'll assume that Lack isn't going to bother doing anything here
Major barterer2002

Postby barterer2002 on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:56 pm

Apparently the issue is with the creaters of the forum software (pphbb or whatever it's called). Lack of course couldn't be bothered to address the issue (leaving Cisco to do it for him) but I went over to the forums of pphbb and posted here

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p7972065

Feel free to weigh in although I'm trying to stay respectful I'm also pretty annoyed.
Major barterer2002

Postby AndrewB on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Why Lack would not fix this issue if he can?

I think if we would include him into one of those Mass PMs he would do it right away :)
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby blakebowling on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:02 am

AndrewB wrote:Why Lack would not fix this issue if he can?

I think if we would include him into one of those Mass PMs he would do it right away :)

It's not a lack thing, it's a phpBB thing. This wasn't a bug though, it was an intentional change, as PM's were intended to be used as a "Private Group Discussion" so replies would need to go to everyone.
Private blakebowling

Postby AndrewB on Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Is there a fix for this coming?
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Gilligan on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:38 pm

AndrewB wrote:Is there a fix for this coming?

Using BCC is your best option now... I just got spammed with 12 or so PMs this afternoon... ](*,)
Major Gilligan

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:40 pm

It's not funny to continue sending PMs as a "joke". Stop it. It makes you an embarrassment to humanity.
Major Bones2484

Postby PaulusH on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:18 pm

In case I get a mass PM this is what I do:
    Reply on it, but don't send (I try to avoid to say bad things, but that is not always under control :lol: )
    Save that reply (by which all people are removed from the list)
    Open the "Manage PM drafts" and send the reply to only the person from which it did come
In case eveybody would do that the spammers will get the most spam 8-)

Often the reply is simply requesting to get me out of the list the next time they send a mass PM. Saying that I understand that they are too stupid to get everybody of the cc-list, but but they should be able to get me out :mrgreen:
In case it is the second or third time I get a unwanted mass PM from the same person, I send him/her three or more comparable requests (and in that case I really might use the word stupid) :evil:
I do get a few "sorry" back O:)
Major PaulusH

Postby OliverFA on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:30 pm

The way the "Reply" button works is completely nonsense. user unfriendly, and completely different to all the mail clients out there. :evil:

It goes against any common sense that the default behaviour is to answer everybody. That's what the "Reply to all" button is for! "Reply" is only "Reply".

I got a lot of problems in my tournament just because the forum works different from all the other mail programs in the world (and maybe also Mars). This should change!
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Return to Tournament Archives