Conquer Club

The Championships - Triples [Complete]

For finished TPA, Championship and other great tournaments of the past

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: The Championships - Triples [ONGOING]

Postby RobbieDub on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:45 pm

I just received word from Outsider that he is taking a break from CC for an unknown length of time. This most likely means we need to withdraw from the tourney unless I missed it and replacements are allowed.
It's a drag because our team was doing so well and I wish there was some way we could continue. It seems this might be the most appropriate time to withdraw though.
Thanks for all the hard work organizing Duk. My fingers are crossed that there is some chance we can use a replacement player but I totally understand if there isn't.
Highest Rank Colonel with 2932
Captain RobbieDub

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:44 pm

RobbieDub wrote:I just received word from Outsider that he is taking a break from CC for an unknown length of time. This most likely means we need to withdraw from the tourney unless I missed it and replacements are allowed.
It's a drag because our team was doing so well and I wish there was some way we could continue. It seems this might be the most appropriate time to withdraw though.
Thanks for all the hard work organizing Duk. My fingers are crossed that there is some chance we can use a replacement player but I totally understand if there isn't.

Yeah, the subject has come up a couple of times and BW has been adamant that there are to be no replacements.

Well, congratulations on an excellent performance so far, and don't worry: there will be plenty of other tournaments to choose from!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:50 am

All round 1, 2, and 3 games are now finished.

The following teams qualify to advance by leading their Group:

• hayesez, Veni, Culham
    • BigRoo, aaron, hambone
    • shoop, spite, Tin
    • Foxy, prism, agonzos
    • angola, jetset, hypo
    • Ckyrias, Dana, Epitaph
    • loutil, Agent, blitzkrieg
    • Leehar, maas, LeQueen
    • pearljam, WPB, hotfire
    • josko, Moonchild, Rodion
    • Outsider, Robbie, MrFitz
    • umbrellaman, evildoer, generalahole

The following teams qualify to advance by virtue of being the next 4 teams overall.

• Gilligan, SuperWang, Peter Gibbons
  • PROFITS, BRADDY, TheProwler
  • RKCVED, Zips, Jackal
  • ooge, cjtails, slaylark

Outsider's team has voluntarily withdrawn, therefore the next team to qualify is the team of TX AG 90, hutchkov, and geko. There might have been an argument about whether the next team in should be the one with the next best record overall, or the next best in the group. Luckily (oh! for once something goes right) the TX team qualifies by both criteria, and I don't have to make a subjective ruling!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:21 am

Seeding for Round of 16
(based on the above, seeded by games won so far, with tiebreaking conditions applied, all players here spelled correctly for the record.)

1. prismsaber, Foxglove, agonzos
  2. hayesez, Veni Vici Vidi, Culham
  3. Leehar, maasman, LeQueen
  4. loutil, Agent 86, Blitzkrieg Frank
  5. josko.ri, Moonchild, Rodion
  6. angola, jetsetwilly, hyposquasher
  7. pearljamrox2, WPBRJ, hotfire
  8. ckyrias, dana1971, Epitaph1
  9. umbrellaman, evildoer, generalahole
  10. Gilligan, SuperWang, Peter Gibbons
  11. PROFITS, BRADDY, TheProwler
  12. Bigroo4601, aaronvollrath, hambone
  13. shoop76, SpiteMalice, Tin Trumpet
  14. RKCVED, zips5000, jackal31
  15. ooge, cjtails, Slaylark
  16. TX AG 90, hutchkov, geko
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby josko.ri on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 am

Can you wait a little bit with sending games?
This is summer vacation period so just that everyone can see your pm and be aware that games are starting soon.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby prismsaber on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:45 pm

josko.ri wrote:Can you wait a little bit with sending games?
This is summer vacation period so just that everyone can see your pm and be aware that games are starting soon.

Disagree with this as already we have only finished 18 games a piece since this tournament started in April. I for one am concerned about my team getting rusty. I am starting to forget tactics and odds - by the time we wait for summer to be over I won't know my way around Classic.
Colonel prismsaber

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:07 pm

I too want to forge ahead. We are finally ready, and at the moment everybody is premium, so this is the ideal time. I've sent the seeds to bigWham and hope he will start the next round soon.

My biggest fear is that someone else will drop out and force me to redo the seeding all over again, or that one of the teams will lose a member. BigWham does not allow replacements in the Championships, so if one team loses a member we lose the whole team. The longer we wait the greater the chance that someone will drop out. Let's push ahead as fast as possible and with a bit of luck we'll get to the end without anyone falling off the train.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby josko.ri on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 pm

prismsaber wrote:

Disagree with this as already we have only finished 18 games a piece since this tournament started in April. I for one am concerned about my team getting rusty. I am starting to forget tactics and odds - by the time we wait for summer to be over I won't know my way around Classic.

I didn't mean big delays, I meant wait day or two until Monday, for (very likely) case that someone has summer weekend vacation and was not aware that the tournament with restricted sitting policy will start before the weekend vacation finishes.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:54 pm

josko.ri wrote:
prismsaber wrote:

I didn't mean big delays, I meant wait day or two until Monday, for (very likely) case that someone has summer weekend vacation and was not aware that the tournament with restricted sitting policy will start before the weekend vacation finishes.

Oh, I imagine it will be a day or two, yes.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby PROFITS on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Do the scores reset now or do we keep adding onto our current scores?
Major PROFITS

Postby hyposquasher on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:48 pm

PROFITS wrote:Do the scores reset now or do we keep adding onto our current scores?

I believe it is a bracket tournament now, with each team facing off against one other team in an odd number of games. Whichever team wins the majority of games advances to the next round.
This image cannot be clicked.

High Score: 4112 - 11-30-2014
New High Score: 4164 - 4/9/20
New High Score: 4315 - 4/5/21
General hyposquasher

Postby hayesez on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:12 pm

Dukasaur,

I see you have updated the "round details" under the tournament description.

Those details seem to indicate that Part 2 of the round of 16, and all quarterfinal, semi-final, and finals matches are "escalating" and "sunny."

The original information for the tournament states:

Spoils: Nuclear Round 1, No Spoils Round 2, Escalating Round 3.
Escalating and No Spoils randomly through the bracket phase.
Reinforcements: Chained throughout round-robin phase.
Chained, Parachute randomly through bracket phase.
Special Gameplay: Approximately 50% of games will be fog

Just touching base with you to make sure that all parts of the bracket phase are going to be randomly assigned spoils, reinforcement, and fog, as originally indicated. Is that correct?
General hayesez

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:52 am

hayesez wrote:Dukasaur,

Those details seem to indicate that Part 2 of the round of 16, and all quarterfinal, semi-final, and finals matches are "escalating" and "sunny."

Just touching base with you to make sure that all parts of the bracket phase are going to be randomly assigned spoils, reinforcement, and fog, as originally indicated. Is that correct?

Just discussing that with BW now. It seems in other tournaments of this type they simply assigned the fog to half the games non-randomly. I'm hoping that we can get it done randomly here. I don't see any reason why not, but there might be some technical detail that I don't understand.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: The Championships - Triples [Round of 16]

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Fog will be randomized.
Dukasaur wrote:
hayesez wrote:Dukasaur,

Just discussing that with BW now. It seems in other tournaments of this type they simply assigned the fog to half the games non-randomly. I'm hoping that we can get it done randomly here. I don't see any reason why not, but there might be some technical detail that I don't understand.

The bracket portion was promised random flip between escalating and no spoils, and between chained and parachute.

Random flip between fog and no fog was NOT promised, only that "Approximately 50% of games will be fog" which BW meant to mean that the first half of each round would be foggy and the second half would be sunny. However, I understood it to mean that it would be randomized, and after some debate BW has agreed to do it my way.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Foxglove on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Are games being deleted and re-made? I could swear that I was up in 2 different games, and I chatted to my team mates - and now those games are gone and I'm in new games. What the heck is happening?
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:27 pm

Foxglove wrote:Are games being deleted and re-made? I could swear that I was up in 2 different games, and I chatted to my team mates - and now those games are gone and I'm in new games. What the heck is happening?

The games were created with incorrect seeding.

They were deleted and re-made.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jackal31 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:35 pm

so are we in a bracket mode now too....i thought the games a minute ago were round robin.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby Agent 86 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:11 am

Dakasaur, can I get clarification on this rule?

Sitting will be allowed 10 times throughout this tourney and only by your current teammates.

Does this mean a team mate can only sit 10 times in 1 game or all 10 times max in all games?

How would you know if there was nothing posted?

What happens if this is exceeded?
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:46 am

Agent 86 wrote:Dakasaur, can I get clarification on this rule?

Sitting will be allowed 10 times throughout this tourney and only by your current teammates.

Does this mean a team mate can only sit 10 times in 1 game or all 10 times max in all games?

How would you know if there was nothing posted?

What happens if this is exceeded?

Given the number of games, I think in later rounds someone could use up more than 10 total sits in one day. Therefore, I think the only reasonable interpretation that it means "on 10 different days" including all the games in which one has a turn that day.

If nothing is posted we're unlikely to catch it, but it does happen. Yes, it annoys me to have a rule which penalizes honest people while those who choose to lie are likely to slip through. But this is the package we've been handed by the big boss. He's put a lot of prizes in these tournaments so he takes these restrictions seriously. Because these are official Webmaster-sponsored tournaments, if you suspect an infraction you can report it to me and I will forward it to King Achilles for investigating. We already had one suspected allegation investigated earlier in the tournament. KA wasn't certain of the bust so we didn't mention it publicly, but that team has been noted and if it's accused again he's likely to look at the infraction with more suspicious eyes.

If an infraction is confirmed, the game in which it occurs can be forfeit. If it looks like an honest mistake (you had a sitter and he didn't know about this rule) my position is that you should get at least one warning before forfeits begin. If you've used up your 10 days of sitting, don't sit any more. A missed turn or two will probably not hurt you as much as a forfeit.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Agent 86 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:56 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Foxglove wrote:Are games being deleted and re-made? I could swear that I was up in 2 different games, and I chatted to my team mates - and now those games are gone and I'm in new games. What the heck is happening?

Thanks this has just made a mockery of this said tournament!!
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:18 pm

Agent 86 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Thanks this has just made a mockery of this said tournament!!

Finding a mistake and correcting it within 2 hours is a mockery? Would you have considered it less comical if we just let the wrong games stand?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby shoop76 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:40 pm

Agent, I usually agree with everything you say, but think dukasaur got it right here. Doubt there were a lot of turns taken. I had taken snaps the first time which I missed the second time. Maybe a pm to everyone involved would have been nice. But in my opinion at least they dealt with the problem unlike the 1v1 tourney.

Still think bigwham is trying to do great things here. Just think his ideas need a little more thought and better follow up before he moves on to the next thing. Think these championships were the best idea since I have been here but the mods don't really care about them. They move along at a snails pace and they are not organized.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby josko.ri on Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:43 am

I have a question regarding seeding for quartefinals and semifinals.

Is seeding for next rounds static or dynamic?

1. If static, that means that all the bracket from now on is already defined based on group stage games, so 1v16 winner will play vs 8v9 winner, 4v13 winner will play vs 5v12 winner etc.

2. If dynamic, that means that results from round of 16 will be added and then new seeding will be determined for top 8 (and top 4 afterwards). That means, if for example someone lower seeded wins round of 16 with great result (let's say 15-0) then that team has a chance to raise their seeding place for next round(s), even maybe become #1 seeds.

Which of two examples is correct?
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:05 pm

josko.ri wrote:I have a question regarding seeding for quartefinals and semifinals.

Is seeding for next rounds static or dynamic?

1. If static, that means that all the bracket from now on is already defined based on group stage games, so 1v16 winner will play vs 8v9 winner, 4v13 winner will play vs 5v12 winner etc.

2. If dynamic, that means that results from round of 16 will be added and then new seeding will be determined for top 8 (and top 4 afterwards). That means, if for example someone lower seeded wins round of 16 with great result (let's say 15-0) then that team has a chance to raise their seeding place for next round(s), even maybe become #1 seeds.

Which of two examples is correct?

Scores will re-set again after each round in the bracket phase, which results in dynamic seeding.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Only four active games left. Next batch coming soon.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

PreviousNext

Return to Super Events/Special Tournaments