Conquer Club

Pushing borders - Duo - Stealth99 and Graceless_ won

Tournaments Completed in 2014.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Pushing borders - Duo [10/10 team]

Postby stealth99 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:48 am

This is the third of this series of tournaments I have played. It is by far my favorite tourney style. I have one recommendation. Eliminate the 8 round limit rule. With the auto loss of 1 point each round per team AND the continuation of all the bombing games throughout, there is absolutely no concern that this thing could drag out.

I did play one that would have gone 9 rounds, in the absence of this limit rule, but that's probably as bad as it could ever get and that only involved 2 players/teams out of the 50 or so involved in these three tourneys. When you are chasing a guy from behind and hanging on, etc. and then lose the tourney because you ran out of time it would make me feel jilted.

This format is set up beautifully to let the thing run its course and go until there is only one team remaining. I think that a player/team should not be able to prolong this thing indefinitely by continuing to win the Battle for the Middle Ground when they are at a score of 0. When it gets down to two players/teams, the tourney would end when one player is at 0.

Just a suggestion; as I said this thing is already my favorite and my complaints are zero.
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby SiriusCowKing on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:08 am

stealth99 wrote:This is the third of this series of tournaments I have played. It is by far my favorite tourney style. I have one recommendation. Eliminate the 8 round limit rule. With the auto loss of 1 point each round per team AND the continuation of all the bombing games throughout, there is absolutely no concern that this thing could drag out.

I did play one that would have gone 9 rounds, in the absence of this limit rule, but that's probably as bad as it could ever get and that only involved 2 players/teams out of the 50 or so involved in these three tourneys. When you are chasing a guy from behind and hanging on, etc. and then lose the tourney because you ran out of time it would make me feel jilted.

This format is set up beautifully to let the thing run its course and go until there is only one team remaining. I think that a player/team should not be able to prolong this thing indefinitely by continuing to win the Battle for the Middle Ground when they are at a score of 0. When it gets down to two players/teams, the tourney would end when one player is at 0.

Just a suggestion; as I said this thing is already my favorite and my complaints are zero.

Good point about the round limit, but the middle ground must remain a way to hang on, otherwise it will be way few reward to win such a game. Also, if people couldn't hang on with the middle ground, you wouldn't have anyone bombarding you right now :P
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby Great-Ollie on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:27 pm

stealth99 + Graceless we will attempt to baombard
Major Great-Ollie

Postby SiriusCowKing on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:02 am

I was forced to drop because TheCrown went completely inactive. Good luck for the remaining ones.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Re: Pushing borders - Duo - Finished

Postby SiriusCowKing on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:40 am

Congratulation Stealth99 and Graceless_

You have completely annihilated your enemies before the time limit.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Re: Pushing borders - Duo - Stealth99 and Graceless_ won

Postby SiriusCowKing on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:48 am

Bump
Captain SiriusCowKing

Previous

Return to Completed 2014