Conquer Club

One Man Clan III [Finals] general cod vs Nephilim: 12-12

Tournaments in progress

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: One Man Clan III [Quarter Finals]

Postby IcePack on Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:13 pm

Quarter Finals:

general cod vs JJ41375: 6-5, 0 active

2nd Round will be sent today

ghow vs shoop76: 14-11, 0 active

ghow has advanced over shoop76

--- Semi Finals ----

josko waits for the winner of cod vs JJ

Nephilim vs ghow PM will be sent shortly
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby RUTHLESSNESS on Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:55 pm

Sign me up!
Lieutenant RUTHLESSNESS

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:02 pm

RUTHLESSNESS wrote:Sign me up!

A few months to late, sorry!
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:05 pm

Quarter Final:

JJ41375 vs general cod: 11-5 currently, 9 pending

Semi Finals:

Nephilim vs ghow: 1st Round Games are getting sent now
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:22 pm

Quarter Final Update: (2 rounds, out of 25)

JJ41375 vs general cod: 7-17 currently, general cod advances (will end 8-17)

Semi Finals Update: (3 rounds, out of 43)

general cod vs josko.ri: PM has been sent regarding map selections

Nephilim vs ghow: 3-1 currently, 9 active

Second Round will be sent next week, normally it would be today but they still have 9 active and they're ahead of the game so I'm going to give them a little reprieve to keep game counts manageable.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: One Man Clan III [Semi Finals]

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:33 pm

I am back to activity.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:04 pm

Reminder sent via pm
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:59 pm

Nephilim vs ghow: 10-3

Second round is getting sent out today.

Waiting on josko still.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:47 pm

Forgot to update the thread with the Semi Finalists =D> =D> =D>

Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:48 pm

IcePack wrote:Nephilim vs ghow: 10-3

Waiting on josko still.

Scores unchanged.

Second and final reminder sent to josko. Due by the 8th (originally due the 30th)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:27 pm

IcePack wrote:

Waiting on josko still.

Scores unchanged.

Second and final reminder sent to josko. Due by the 8th (originally due the 30th)

Nephilim vs ghow: 11-3 currently, 13 ongoing.

Third set will be sent out this weekend

general cod has auto advanced over josko and our first going into the finals =D> =D> =D>
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:14 am

IcePack wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Waiting on josko still.

Scores unchanged.

general cod has auto advanced over josko and our first going into the finals =D> =D> =D>

I object to thia decision because my map choice sent to IcePack on the time before he made this decision was as follows:

"Send me whatever maps and settings for one man clan. I am too busy to reply. Randomize and use results of randomizing"
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:15 am

It is not that I didnt send my home maps and settings. It is that my choice for home maps and settings is "all random"
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:45 am

josko.ri wrote:
IcePack wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Waiting on josko still.

Scores unchanged.

I object to thia decision because my map choice sent to IcePack on the time before he made this decision was as follows:

"Send me whatever maps and settings for one man clan. I am too busy to reply. Randomize and use results of randomizing"

Josko, I’ve asked you for your map selections since you returned.
Every step of this tournament you’ve been late. And now, 3 days late after your final warning your answer for maps is

“I don’t have time, you (IcePack) do the work for me”

That’s not an answer and guess what? I’m busy too. Your time is not worth more than mine, you’re the entrant. If you want to randomize your maps, then randomize them. Don’t ask me to do it 3 days late. That isn’t a map selection and it’s not an acceptable submission at all.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:28 pm

Yup.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby josko.ri on Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:50 am

IcePack wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
IcePack wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Waiting on josko still.

Scores unchanged.

Every step of this tournament you’ve been late. And now, 3 days late after your final warning your answer for maps is

That’s not an answer and guess what? I’m busy too. Your time is not worth more than mine, you’re the entrant. If you want to randomize your maps, then randomize them. Don’t ask me to do it 3 days late. That isn’t a map selection and it’s not an acceptable submission at all.

I randomized the map and sent them randomized to you through pm yesterday. However, YOU ALREADY HAD ANSWER ON MY MAP SELECTIONS since two months ago.

even two months ago, during previous round, i told you something like this: "if I ever get late or am unable to send you map selections then I agree that my home map selections is all random".

This message from me to you was already sent from me to you two months ago, which means it was sent two months in advance but not three days late than the deadline.

It seems that you do not allow me to choose my future rounds maps in advance (which I clearly did) but instead you FORCE me to every time make new map selections, again and again from the beginning every new round.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:56 am

josko.ri wrote:
IcePack wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
IcePack wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Waiting on josko still.

Scores unchanged.

I randomized the map and sent them randomized to you through pm yesterday. However, YOU ALREADY HAD ANSWER ON MY MAP SELECTIONS since two months ago.

even two months ago, during previous round, i told you something like this: "if I ever get late or am unable to send you map selections then I agree that my home map selections is all random".

This message from me to you was already sent from me to you two months ago, which means it was sent two months in advance but not three days late than the deadline.

It seems that you do not allow me to choose my future rounds maps in advance (which I clearly did) but instead you FORCE me to every time make new map selections, again and again from the beginning every new round.

Hey josko,
I did see you sent me maps yesterday, after I had removed you from the tournament. In fact, from the time my pm went out telling you that you were removed, it took you less then 3 hours to send me your actual map selections.

Why couldn’t you bother to do that ages ago when you were asked?

I sent you the first PM for map selections July 25th, with a July 30th due date.
I didn’t hear from you, and had heard you were away and I immediately followed up immediately after you said you returned extending the due date. That PM was July 31st, asking you to submit by Aug 8th. I sent another, final reminder Aug 5th asking you to submit. Again, no response. In the past when you were running behind, you communicated and asked for additional time which was given because your sets were ahead and didn’t impact the event schedule.

I was busy IRL so gave you 3 EXTRA days, beyond the final reminder date of Aug 8th to Aug 11th which was already an extended date from the 30th. You finally managed to send me a “I’m to busy, you do the work for me and randomize my maps” wall message.

No apologies, no consideration of your opponent being delayed from expected start or myself and my own schedule, no request, just “do this I’m to busy to reply”. You’re the one who signed up to this tournament Josko, and I’ve been pretty lenient w the schedules and working with people where I can, and have with you in the past when you were late because your sets were so far ahead of the rest and you seem to have plenty to say and ability to reply now that you’ve been removed.

Now you’re multiple sets behind, and your first reaction is to complain and again tell me somehow I should have done something for you as the participant? Am I expected to help you pick your maps? Come on.

A random PM two months I’m supposed to remember and cater to? Do you realize how many PM’s I get with all these OMC tournaments? I don’t have your PM, nor is it my responsibility to randomize things for you to keep you in a tournament that you signed up for. It took you only THREE HOURS since my “you’re out pm” to reply with maps, and yet I gave you plenty of time and PM reminders and warnings. You should be able to submit something by then. And if you can’t, maybe you’ve over extended yourself. IDK it’s not my business, but I try to help out and have been more then fair schedule wise waiting for you to get your act together.

I told you when you sent me that if I’m to busy use the random map request that Random map is treated like any other map selections and is limited to one use per round. So you already knew full random wasn’t an option. And if you wanna do your own version of randomizing, that’s your responsibility, not mine.

Nobody is FORCING you to do anything. And nobody is FORCING you to do anything that everyone else isn’t being asked to do. You signed up for the tournament voluntarily and if you don’t want to follow the rules and submit maps like EVERYBODY ELSE is doing, it’s not my job to do it for you. Your time isn’t more important then mine and I’ve got my own stuff to deal with IRL without having YOUR map selection work dumped onto me. Didn’t ask, didn’t check in, didn’t ask for extension, just didn’t communicate until the just “do this” 3 days late. Sorry, but that doesn’t fly w me.

It’s my job to enforce the schedule however, and that I’ve done. I don’t wanna see anyone go unnecessarily but again, I feel I’ve been more then fair. At some point I gotta consider the other participants and your opponents who expected to start the set almost two weeks ago.

In the real world, If you’re late to a tournament or Olympics it doesn’t matter if your the best, someone else is gunna win gold cuz you didn’t think rules applied to yourself. If you have other more important stuff going on onsite or IRL, that take priority over this, I get it. That’s fine everybody here is dealing with something which is why I try and do what I can to assist. But complete lack of responses to something that doesn’t take that long only to act like your entitled to dump your work onto me without apology or consideration of my own time, sorry, but no.

Anyway, I’m sorry whatever prevented you from doing your map selections took place but perhaps next time you’ll listen to the deadlines and realize final warnings mean final warnings and that the deadlines set forth actually mean something and apply to you as well as they do to everyone else.

The bottom line:
July 25th - request for maps w July 30 due date (and previous map selections provided)
July 30th - passes no response but you post saying you’re “back to activity” in forum
July 31st - I see your post and give you benefit of the doubt and PM you a reminder they were due yesterday (I also post in forums)
Aug 1st - post in forum saying waiting on Josko still
Aug 5th - post in forum and send pm as well saying last date I can accept your submission is Aug 8th, and that this is a final warning
Aug 8th - passes with zero reply
Aug 9th - no reply
Aug 10th - no reply
Aug 11th - You tell me to do your work via a wall post.
I auto advance general cod and send a pm / post in forum
3 hours later you object and have plenty of time to select your maps and send me a PM and start arguing here

All you had to do was submit your selections in a timely or communicate at all during the time that was allotted for that, but that time has passed.

Cheers
iP
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:49 am

Aug 11th - You tell me to do your work via a wall post.

This could have been interpreted that I am too busy to randomize by myself, but if randomizing by you is also not possible, then i can quickly randomize by myself, which i indeed did just 3 hours later.

Instead of kicking me out from the tournament, you could have replied with "I am too busy to randomize by myself, may you please quickly randomize by yourself?"

If you check my games you will see many missed turns between July 30 and August 11, so it is obvious why I could not reply with map selections earlier.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:04 am

josko.ri wrote:Aug 11th - You tell me to do your work via a wall post.

This could have been interpreted that I am too busy to randomize by myself, but if randomizing by you is also not possible, then i can quickly randomize by myself, which i indeed did just 3 hours later.

Instead of kicking me out from the tournament, you could have replied with "I am too busy to randomize by myself, may you please quickly randomize by yourself?"

If you check my games you will see many missed turns between July 30 and August 11, so it is obvious why I could not reply with map selections earlier.

Please remember you were already late when you returned, and by the time you sent what you did you were already 3 days late from the “the last date I can’t accept by date” (aug 8th) extended deadline. Either way it’s interpreted it’s still not an acceptable map submission.

I’ve got to draw the line somewhere which is what those deadlines and final warnings are for.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:20 am

There already exists a non-offensive term "grammar nazi". Applied to this context, we could slightly rename it as "rule nazi". Poetically and metaphorically speaking, maybe you should try to change your CC name to NaziPack? How do you like this suggestion from me to change your CC name?
Last edited by josko.ri on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby josko.ri on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:23 am

When you were busy for 2-3 weeks in June July then there were no problems of delaying this and other OMC tournaments for several weeks. But when players who play are busy then you suddenly become NaziPack. Double standards buddy.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:25 am

Yeah, insults are definitely the way to go.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:28 am

IcePack wrote:Yeah, insults are definitely the way to go.

I told "poethically and metaphorically speaking". Poetry and methaporas have deeper meaning, not literal meaning.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:46 am

josko.ri wrote:
IcePack wrote:Yeah, insults are definitely the way to go.

I told "poethically and metaphorically speaking". Poetry and methaporas have deeper meaning, not literal meaning.

Yeah way to edit your post. Twice.

Either way, if I was trying to be a rule nazi I simply would have auto advanced the first time you missed a deadline. Any of the multiple deadlines you’ve missed. I’ve done my best to work w people where I can, I don’t think giving 2-3 extensions here just this round is me being a rules Nazi. Let alone all the others you’ve gotten.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby josko.ri on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:47 am

Aditionally, I refered and compared this poetry and methaphora to already known term "grammar nazi", which is definitely not an offensive term.
Lieutenant josko.ri

PreviousNext

Return to Ongoing