Conquer Club

"A Night at the Movies" Tournament

Tournaments in progress

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: "A Night at the Movies" Tournament

Postby Devante on Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:22 pm

Jurassic Park

The T-Rex’s roar in Jurassic Park combines the sounds of a baby elephant, a tiger, and an alligator, and its breath is the sound of a whale’s blow. And the sound of the T-Rex’s footsteps were created by cut sequoias crashing to the ground.

Steven Spielberg wanted the velociraptors to be about 10 feet tall, which was taller than they were known to be. However, during filming, paleontologists uncovered ten-foot-tall specimens of raptors called Utahraptors.

The T-Rex in Jurassic World is the same T-Rex from the end of the 1993 Jurassic Park movie; the scars on its side are from its fight with the velociraptors in the first movie.

The Pelican Brief

In the hotel scene where Darby calls Gavin to give him the instructions to meet her the next day, he eats one of the chocolates on his pillow and throws it down. They show a close up of the chocolates. After Khamel murders Gavin, he walks to the bed, pulls the recording device and eats one of the chocolates. They are now in a different spot on the bed.

It is based on the 1992 novel by John Grisham

Darby knew the car was going to blow up because it failed to start right away. She had noticed this same thing happening to Thomas Callahan's car right before it exploded.

Dunkirk

Filming in Dunkirk took place in the same location as the real historical evacuation

Avoiding the use of CGI, cardboard cut-out props of soldiers and military vehicles were employed to create the illusion of a large army

Nolan reconditioned actual warships for the shoot, including the French Navy destroyer Maillé-Brézé,and reportedly spent $5 million of the budget on a vintage aircraft so as to attach it with IMAX cameras before crashing it on-screen
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:50 pm

The Godfather…

“You never think to protect yourself with real friends. You think it's enough to be an American. All right, the Police protects you, there are Courts of Law, so you don't need a friend like me. But now you come to me and say Don Corleone, you must give me justice. And you don't ask in respect or friendship. And you don't think to call me Godfather; instead, you come to my house on the day my daughter is to be married and you ask me to do murder...for money.” …… “But if you come to me with your friendship, your loyalty, then your enemies become my enemies, and then, believe me, they would fear you...”

Behind every successful fortune there is a crime. I grew up hearing everything I needed to know, was taught what was needed. My father was a great man, and he never wanted this life for me. He was old school, he still believed in respect. And he respected my wishes. He was no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator. But that all changed for me, for my family. First Brasi, then Sonny. Damn it Sonny…it was supposed to be you here, not me. And Fredo’s useless. It must be me. With father gone now… it must be. As father would say, revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold. But now is not the time to be careless. Women and children can be careless, but not men. No. Now is the time to keep our friends close, but our enemies closer. Now is the time to make them an offer they can’t refuse…

Michael…apologies…Don Corleone. That is who you are now. Or who you are on the cusp of becoming. As the baptism takes place, as you stand in place as this child’s future godfather, your plan is put into action, justice begins to unfold. The other Dons, Greene, Tessio, Carlos, all of them. It is time for justice to be dealt. A man who can’t protect his family can never be a real man. And the strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other. It is time for them to see how strong your family is. It is time, Don Corleone….

Map – New York City
Settings - Terminator/Escalating/Chained/Sunny/30 Rounds/4 Players
Winning Objective – Make them an offer they can’t refuse…
Points – 15 Points

Special Gameplay – 5 points for each player you terminate

“Take the gun. Leave the cannoli.”
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:17 pm

Scoreboard updated

Interesting turn with the last three finished and Jim the only one to achieve Jurassic objective. Current Scoreboard has i-andrei in the lead, Nut Shot Scott and Jim1086 tied for second, and actorday in third. Past the half way point with The Godfather.
Last edited by Devante on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:19 pm

Zombieland…

Oh, America. I wish I could tell you this was still America…but you can’t have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland. It’s amazing how quickly things can go from bad to a total shit storm. And why am I still alive when everyone around me has turned to meat? It’s because of my list of rules. RULE #1: Cardio. When the virus struck, for obvious reasons, the first ones to go were the fatties. Poor fat bastards, they never stood a chance. Follow the rules to stay alive I say, hell that should be rule number one. No that’s a motto. f*ck it where was I, yes. It’s been two months since it all started. Mad person disease, well, mad zombie disease now. Who would of ever thought something like this would come from the same shit that used to give us a nice juicy T-bone.

Oh well that’s life now, tis the shits and all that. That reminds me, RULE #3: Beware of bathrooms. Don’t let them catch you with your pants down. It doesn’t end well. Nothing like running out of a bathroom pants around your ankles, all bits swinging and having poor old Mary, the nice old lady from next door, now a zombie chasing you and taking a chunk of your tight ass right off. Well, you might have been a bit of an ass anyways, guess half an ass now. Follow the rules or you die. That’s what happens when you don’t follow RULE #2: The double tap. If you’re not sure the undead are really “dead” dead…don’t get stingy with your bullets. One more clean shot to the head and you won’t end up a happy meal.

Moving on. RULE #7: Travel light. Well, broke this rule didn’t we. Now that I’m travelling with Tallahassee. I mean he’s great and all, but he needs you that’s for sure, even if he says you’re a little bitch, I mean I doubt he can really sense that but…anyways back to our current conundrum. You see, we met these girls, Wichita, and her younger sister Little Rock. Now I know what you’re thinking…and yes… 100%...Wichita is totally into me. I mean she and her sister did steal our ride and stuff but that’s just how she flirts is all. She’s not a fan of the rules but it’s growing on her. Only rule they followed was “trust no one. Just you and me”. I mean it’s not bad, if you’re aiming for trash and all that, I mean it fails in comparison to the “rules” rules. I mean what can you do when you’re comparing it to gems like RULE #12: Bounty paper towels, or RULE #18: Limber up, oh, oh, and of course RULE #6: Cast iron skillet. Would be like comparing a AAA steak to a trash panda, just ridiculous.

Anyways, time to get back to our conundrum…

You are Columbus. And along with Tallahassee you navigate this new world together. Now Wichita and Little Rock took your Escalade and supplies, but you’ve got a beat on them. Track them down and take back what’s yours. And who knows along the way you might even meet Bill fucking Murray.

Map – 4 Star Meats
Settings – Doubles/Zombie/Adjacent/Foggy/30 Rounds/4 Players
Winning Objective – Take back what’s yours
Points – 10 Points

Special Gameplay – 5 points for each player of winning team

You got your supplies and joined up as a group. But now it’s time for your most difficult situation yet. Everything has been leading up to this moment. Another set of ruthless travelers kidnapped Wichita and Little Rock and headed towards Pacific Playland. Bill let you know that there is a Twinkie warehouse not far away from it and that is where they were headed. Nothing is going to stop you two from getting there. So, all that’s left now, is to get there and save them. Of course, if you find one of those spongy, yellow, delicious bastards along the way it wouldn’t hurt.

Map – USA 2.1
Settings – Doubles/ Zombie/ Adjacent/Foggy/50 Rounds/4 Players
Winning Objective – Save the girls and take the others out
Points – 15 Points

Special Gameplay – 7.5 points for each player of winning team

“. . . We had hope. We had each other. And without other people, well, you might as well be a zombie."
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Previous

Return to Ongoing