Conquer Club

"A Night at the Movies" Tournament

Tournaments in progress

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: "A Night at the Movies" Tournament

Postby i-andrei on Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:58 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:yeah D, WHAT MAPS ARE JACKS MOVIES?!

Jack donkey ass. WHAT MAPS ARE HIS MOVIES?
Major i-andrei

Postby Devante on Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:16 am

I’ll look after Baby, Scott, don’t you worry. So much anger, I mean look at that avatar pic, relax big guy…relax, and love you too, from a distance…. 60 ft as they recommend now a days.

Now baby, this is going to be like a Hollywood production, you know, they set the release date, not enough details, you wait, starring actors blah blah blah, ok date’s pushed off, like that guy, oh someone dies, wait… ok got it, and 6 months later, get to watch (insert movie tournament “a night at the movies”) , and Loved it.

First off, or third if you are counting paragraphs, my apologies on the delay. Meant to get this up more than a week ago, like 2-3 weeks ago, but work/life got in the way. Movie picks were a doozie, all great flicks and to zero down, was tough, but movies are selected, settings chosen, maps, and tourney layout a given, so we can roll. Changed a couple of the points and movie spread which will make sense once you play, should make the tourney flow better.

Now the movie picks were by far the most difficult part, and to make no mistake, I wish I could run them all, but I said 20 at the start so 20 it is. So many soon to be classics, old favourites and genuine classics there, but a las, only the few can be chosen. I really only had one tough call to make after the team deliberated, and that was….. drumroll please…. Pretty women. I don’t know what your guys take on it is, but Edward winning Vivian’s heart so easily, after hearing how she explained her “wisk a way” dream would go, Hate it. So much anger. But…. god bless that women….. Julia is an amazing star and an angel, she made that movie amongst so many others, and screw you Edward, will punch anyone in the face who says different. Moving on…..

And without further a due, here is the list:

Movie Points # of maps

1. The matrix 10 1
2. Shawshank 20 1
3. 300 10 1
4. Princess bride 10 1
5. Star wars 10 1

6. Young guns 15 2
7. Dunkirk 15 1
8. The Pelican Brief 10 1
9. Jurassic Park 15 1
10. Ghost in the Shell 15 1

11. The Godfather 15 1
12. Zombieland 25 2
13. Lock, Stocked, 2 (smk) barrels 25 2
14. Rogue One 20 1
15. V for Vendetta 20 2

16. Field of Dreams 20 1
17. The Italian Job 25 3
18. Saving Private Ryan 20 1
19. Braveheart 25 2
20. The Godfather 2 25 2

Now given that I changed the original layout of the tourney (but kept movies and movie points the same), I will wait a few day, in the interest of fairness, to see if anyone has an issue.

Whether you want to wait for premier night for your flick, or want a head start on the trailer. I can release maps and settings….and just withhold plot, given I’m in the tourney, I want to make sure I don’t run into an awkward situation and be unfair, but also to relieve the stress of some of you….baby/scott….love you, from 60 ft, So Let me know, I’ll hold off on invites until tomorrow, otherwise, plot, map and settings are a surprise, or if you choose, only plot.

Otherwise if no complaints, layout above and I'll roll out games tomorrow.
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:25 am

Looking at how it posted on CC, it is Movie Title/ Number of points (10 to 25)/ Number of maps (1-3) - Hope that helps cause it posted weird
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:38 pm

"The Matrix"

Ever get that feeling where you’re not sure if you’re awake or still dreaming?

………
………Follow the white rabbit
………
……..Free your mind
………
…….from the system
……..

You are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else, you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind. I’m trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to walk through it. The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy……..

You are Neo. Recently awoken. And fighting the hive system that is the Matrix. Survival is not enough. You must bring down the system. And the clock is ticking. Zion is counting on you. Destroy the Matrix from the inside and free everyone from the system, from Deus Ex Machina. Zion and those not yet awoken depend on you, and Trinity’s life depends on it. But this will not be an easy fight. Smith is also after you…and if he gets a hold of you…then you’ll revert back to the system.

…….You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind……..

Map: Hive
Settings: Terminator, Zombie, Chained, Fog, 30 rounds

Winning Objective: Terminate all other players or control the most territories at round limit
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:39 pm

"Shawshank Redemption"

……you are Andy, Andy Dufresne. Wrongfully imprisoned, for what, 17 years now, going on 18. You didn’t kill Linda, or that low life Quentin. But here you are, innocent, and Norton knows it too. But he won’t let you out, not now, not when he can control you, use you. Bad luck, I guess. It floats around. It’s got to land on somebody. It was your turn, that’s all. You were in the path of the tornado. You just didn’t expect the storm would last as long as it has. But this is now and enough is enough, you’re close. Just have to hold onto Hope. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies……

It's time to get out. Hold the Warden’s office and Andy at the end of the round limit, and you are out.

Let’s see who can crawl through a river of shit and come out clean on the other end

Map: Supermax
Settings: Standard, Escalating, Parachute, Fog, 30 rounds

Winning Objective: Hold the Warden’s office and Andy at the end of the round limit

Special Gameplay: Andy was wrongfully accused and imprisoned for murder, he is not a murderer, so neither are you. Any player eliminating another player will receive a sentence - a 10 point penalty
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:22 am

The Matrix

THE MATRIX BEGAN AS A COMIC BOOK
THE UNNAMED CITY YOU SEE IN THE MATRIX IS SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
BOTH WILL SMITH AND NICOLAS CAGE FORMALLY TURNED DOWN THE ROLE OF NEO (imagine Will Smith as Neo, mind blown)
RUSSELL CROWE, SEAN CONNERY, AND SAMUEL L. JACKSON COULD’VE BEEN MORPHEUS (kidding me right, can you imagine....Neo....Are you not entertained, or...Neo....Why are these mothu*cker snakes in the matrix, no)

Shawshank

Shawshank was crafted from a novella Stephen King wrote
Brad Pitt was cast, but dropped out of the production (Hate that f*ck*r, easy pretty boy, we get it, great in the oceans movie though, love that fucke*)
A business deal played a big role in the rise of the movie’s popularity (this is interesting to read, a filler movie became a common flick)
this is sad.....the tree in the movie finale no longer stands, rest in peace.....birch, pine, willow, not maple, rest in peace
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:25 pm

Scoreboard uploaded, will update as rounds close
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:59 pm

Shots fired....opening movie night is almost halfway through in all theaters, and in a few, things are getting heated. Good old Boggs is trying to get his other sisters to cause some issues since the warden is on a sabbatical and cypher be causing some drama in the system. Much like when you go to the cinema to watch a flick and get seated behind that greasy old shit in the theatre who instead of buying popcorn cause "that's what the government wants you to do", they bring their own Dr. Pepper and corn on the cob, butter on the side. But it's looking good, couple front runners, but who takes home the bacon is still up in th air. Good showing all around

And now, to set the mood, a preview of one of my upcoming faves:

"The wolf begins to circle the boy.

Claws of black steel...

... fur as dark night.

Eyes glowing red...

... jewels from the pit of hell itself.

The giant wolf sniffing...

... savoring the scent of the meal to come.

It's not fear that grips him...

... only a heightened sense of things.

The cold air in his lungs.

Windswept pines
moving against the coming night.

His hands are steady.

His form...

... perfect.

And so the boy, given up for dead...

... returns to his people,
to sacred Sparta, a king!

Our king, Leonidas!"
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Darin44 on Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:53 am

This tournament needs more game please.
Major Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:00 pm

Yes sir.

Scoreboard is updated. Interesting start so far. Nutz takes an early slight lead from the first two flicks, Craig and Andrei a little behind given their murderous rampage, but we're early here yet.

300 going out now, Princess Bride to follow.

Enjoy
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Many know of the tale of the 300...

...of Great King Leonidas and his mighty Spartans.

The Father of History, Herodutus, ensured it was scribed and so it has been retold by those who have followed.

But what became of great Sparta following their stand at the Hot Gates...

...what became of the sacrifice...

...no, not a sacrifice, for a glorious death worthy of the gods as these 300 Spartans received is no sacrifice...

...such a glorious death is what all true warriors wish for, and it is what Spartan men know best...

...what became of Great Sparta...

...what became of Greece...

...what became of the God-King, neh the Persian King, for on that glorious day King Leonidas ensured Xerxes was brought to his knees and trembled as no God-King would, but as only a man who happens to be King could...

...What became of you, dear Dilios...

What became of you...

You, Dilios, you now stand before your men, and share a tale of Victory...

“And so my king died...

...and my brothers died...

...barely a year ago.

Long I pondered my king's

cryptic talk of victory.

Time has proven him wise.

For from free Greek to free Greek...

...the word was spread

...so far from home...

...laid down their lives

not just for Sparta...

...but for all Greece

and the promise this country holds.

Now, here on this rugged patch of earth

called Plataea...

...Xerxes' hordes face obliteration!

Just there the barbarians huddle...

...sheer terror gripping tight

their hearts...

...with icy fingers...

...knowing full well

what merciless horrors they suffered...

Yet they stare now across the plain

The enemy outnumber us

a paltry three to one.

Good odds for any Greek.

This day, we rescue a world

from mysticism and tyranny...

...and usher in a future

brighter than anything we can imagine.

Give thanks, men...

To Victory!”

You are Dilios. Having returned to Sparta as requested by your king to share the tale of victory. You have spoken to the council and now will lead the Spartans Vanguard and the rest of the free Greeks against the Persian army that threatens all that you hold dear. Across the fields of Plataea you will remind these Persians that King Leonidas stand ensured the world would know that free men could stand against a tyrant, that few could stand against many. And so, before this battle is over, all the Persians who stand against Sparta and Greece will know fear, you will give them nothing...but take from them Everything.

Map - Peloponnesian War
Settings - Standard/Flat rate/Unlimited/Fog/Trench/30 Rounds/4 Player
Winning Objective - Kill Everyone, Win the war
Points - 10 Points
Special Gameplay - None. Points go to winner of the map

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:26 pm

The Princess Bride…

You have asked me to tell a story. And as you wish, I shall do so. A story you ask, perhaps of intrigue, love, heroism…As you wish. I shall oblige. But the story I must tell is not what you may expect.

This is not a story just about love. No, it is not. Although a deep love runs through it. Many wish to think so and a love story is a good story yes, but this story is not just of love. When I was your age television was called books, and it is in a book this story lies. It is a special book. And it is a special story. A story most think is of Buttercup and Westley. Of his heroism and undying love. And yes, that is also a good story. But our story, it lies beneath that, beneath that initial surface. For what you wish for is a great story, and as you wish, I shall oblige.

Our story is of a little boy. One wronged in life who did not get as he wished. It is a story of vengeance yes, but also determination and skill. Yet rooted in a son’s love. It is a story of one’s life purpose. But this story is also rooted in anger and hate, things one does not enjoy, things one does not wish upon. So, I will make this brief, as is necessary. This is the story of a boy avenging his father. This is the story of the hunt for the six fingered man who took all you hold dear. I’ll explain and I’ll use small words so that you’ll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon. Apologies, I digress. This is the story of Inigo Montoya, who lost his father. And now…the one at fault… will die…

Map - Feudal Epic
Settings - Assassin/No Spoils/Chained/Fog/Trench/50 Rounds/4 Player
Winning Objective - Avenge your father
Points - 10 Points
Special Gameplay - Assassin. Only eliminate target

“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:49 pm

STAR
WARS

EPISODE VI ½
THE BATTLE OF JAKKU

One year after the events of Endor….the second death star has been destroyed, the Emperor killed, and Darth Vader struck down. Devastating blows against the Galactic Empire, and major victories for the Rebel Alliance. But the battle for freedom is far from over. After taking down the original death star and destroying the one above Endor, these victories are short lived. The battle continues against the remaining pockets of the empire, and now they gather their remaining forces. Winning this battle is the only option for the New Republic, so the Empire can finally be eradicated or weakened enough to have no option but to surrender.

The fragmented Empire has gathered over the skies of Jakku under the leadership of Admiral Gallius Rax. And yet another death star exists…DS-3 Death Star III Mobile Battle Station. The new death star is being built right into one of Jakku’s moons, and more so, the observatory on Jakku has been rigged to detonate. The final chess play from Emperor Palpatine.

Former rebel fighter Norra Wexley and her group do battle on Jakku’s surface, and it is left to you, lieutenant Bak Rychuk, along with reinforcements, to take down any empire scum you encounter. You have infiltrated the new death star’s defenses and are now able to launch onto its surface. But you are not alone, and the Empire will stop at nothing to destroy you. Nuclear depots have been set to detonate all throughout the moon’s surface. Eradicate all the Empires troops on the moon and destroy their Star Destroyers, it is the only way to halt construction on this new death star and allow the new republic defense fleet to get to Ravager, the imperial command ship. But you don’t have much time and the clock is ticking...

Map - Lunar War
Settings - Standard/Nuclear/Parachute/Sunny/30 Rounds/4 Player
Winning Objective – Eliminate the Empire’s troops and Star Destroyers
Points - 10 Points
Special Gameplay – Nuclear Weapons
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:04 pm

Excellent write ups sir. Your dedication to the bit is admirable and possibly unparalleled.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Devante on Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:08 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:Excellent write ups sir. Your dedication to the bit is admirable and possibly unparalleled.

Thank you sir
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:10 pm

When the Persians demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons, he replies "Come and get them." According to ancient historian Herodotus, Leonidas actually said that. It was also adopted as the motto of the Greek Army's 1st Corps.

The line “This is Sparta!” wasn’t supposed to be yelled. In the comic book, it’s delivered in a stern but calm manner. Gerard Butler tried a few takes in which he delivered the line this way, but it didn’t have much of an impact. He tried one take in which he yelled the line at the top of his voice. Zack Snyder loved this delivery of the line and asked him to do it again. The second yelled take of “This is Sparta!!!” is the one that ended up in the movie.

Spartans were so rich that nobody had to work. Ancient Sparta was an immensely wealthy country. Mainly due to their conquest and domination of their neighbours, the helots. When a Spartan boy reached adulthood and became a man, the Spartan state awarded him an allotment of public farmland.

The Princess Bride

According to Patinkin, his most famous line from this movie (the phrase that Montoya plans to utter to his father’s killer before avenging him: “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”) gets quoted to him every single day, by at least two or three random people on the street.

Before André the Giant signed on to play Fezzik, a few actors (including Liam Neeson, who was deemed too short by director Rob Reiner) and even a couple of football players auditioned for the role. At one point, the producers offered the role to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

The Princess Bride saved someone’s life. Seriously! In an interview with Variety, Rob Reiner (The director) recalled that, after a lunch one day with his producing partner, Andrew Scheinman, and another producer-friend, an extreme skier, who was totally eavesdropping on their conversation, approached the table and told them about the time she and a bunch of skiers were trapped by an avalanche. To keep everyone occupied and happy while they nearly froze to death, she said she reenacted the entirety of The Princess Bride, as she knew every single line.

Star Wars

In ‘The Empire Strikes Back’, Vader uses the same disarming technique twice. Luke is able to hold on to his Lightsaber the second time, so Vader actually disarms him.

In "Star Wars: the Empire Strikes Back," Yoda was originally going to be played by a monkey with a mask on

Death Star from Star Wars would cost about $852,000,000,000,000,000 if humans try to build it in real world.

The word "Ewok" is never once spoken in the Star Wars movies.
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:43 pm

Young Guns…

"He who sows the wind will reap the whirlwind."

Stamp was a good man. A real good man. The kind of man who goes out of his way to welcome you. And that’s what he did. To him no man was beyond redemption. But he was wrong, at least with Murphy. Some men think they’re above the rest, and it makes for a hard road when two men like that cross. John took me in he did, Stamp’s that is. And the others too. Gave us a home. Gave us purpose. We would have died for that man. But now he’s dead. Murdered. We killed those that done him wrong, sure did. Some say we took things too far. Me, I say we didn’t take it far enough.

We dubbed ourselves the regulators, me along with Doc, Chavez, Dirty Steve, Charlie, and Dick. We were pals. And sometimes it ain’t easy having pals. But that is what it is. Now, we just heard they going to kill Alex. And that shit ain’t happening on our watch, well the ones of us left. So, we going to do something about it. Almost surrendered I did, even had a letter figured out;

“Dear Governor Axtell. I've heard that you will give 200 dollars for my head. Perhaps we should meet and talk. I am at the Juarez village at the border. Send 3 men, and instruct them not to shoot, as I am unarmed. In short, Sir; I surrender. Your obedient servant William H. Bonney. PS: I changed my mind. Kiss my ass."

Ain’t no one surrenderin and ain’t no one killin Alex. So we ride…

“Reap the whirlwind, Reap it.”

Map #1- Mexico
Settings - Standard/1vs1/Escalating/Chained/Foggy/20 Rounds/2 Players
Winning Objective – Ride out of Mexico and kill anyone who gets in the way
Points - 5 Points

Map #2- USA Southwest
Settings - Standard/1vs1/Escalating/Chained/Foggy/20 Rounds/2 Players
Winning Objective – Kill Murphy and anyone who stands with him
Points - 5 Points

Special Gameplay – Win both Objectives (maps) and Avenge your Patron to receive a 5-point bonus.
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:44 pm

A couple of games still on the go for a couple of movies. Haven't rolled any more out as I won't be around for a week. Once i'm back i'll update scoreboard and roll a block of the next ones out.
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:59 pm

Young Guns

Emilio Estevez had a hard time during the shoot for personal reasons. So to cheer him up, Lou Diamond Phillips had the wardrobe department put some make-up on a sheep and then put the sheep in Estevez's room.

Estevez did not only play Billy in the movie. In the final shoot out he dressed as a bad guy when he wasn't needed to play Billy, so he ended up shooting for both sides in the movie.

One of the things that makes the movie great is how quotable it is, which Warren G knew too well. "Regulators. Regulate any stealing of his property. And we're damn good, too. But you can't be any geek off the street. Gotta be handy with the steel, if you know what I mean. Earn your keep." Nobody talks like that, apart from rappers, which is no doubt why it got sampled in Warren G's 1994 hit Regulate.

Regulators gonna regulate
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:08 pm

Scoreboard is updated. Everyone has points on the board including those who received penalties early on. Nutz is still enjoying a lead but has several closing in on him. A fight ensued outside the theater after the sixth film. Something to do with Nutz throwing popcorn at the four behind his seat who were leaning in too close and kicking his seat relentlessly. Somehow bart threw actorday at Nutz but missed and hit kotaro instead, all while I was filming for my upcoming moosetube channel, upload to come soon. Was all fun and games until we were all escorted out and banned for a week. And for the love of all that's holy someone please tell Ass Jack what his movie maps are.

But now we're all back and onto the next weeks showings...
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:11 pm

Dunkirk…

“Wars are not won by evacuation.”

The battle of Dunkirk is typically spoken of in a whisper. It was a gruesome and savage battle. Not much of a battle. Not when you are being strafed and bombed while you are waiting to get out, not a battle, more like a living graveyard. The memories are painful. Too many lost. Too many who’s names I did not know, and probably never will. 400,000 men on that beach, and I can only name a few. On that beach men tried to survive, do what was necessary. On that beach mistakes were made, and true heroism and brotherhood were witnessed. But really…on that beach men were men, true men…nothing more, nothing less.

You are Tommy and Alex, trying to evacuate the beach and get back home. By any means necessary. But only by working together can you succeed. The Germans pursue you and will not rest until you are dead. Work together, get off that beach, and come back home.

“…We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets. We shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender.”

Map - France 2.1
Settings - Dubs/No Spoils/No Reinforcement/Fog/Trench/30 Rounds/4 Player
Winning Objective - Get off the beach, get back home
Points - 5 Points to each player from winning team (Win the map)
Special Gameplay - Evacuate as soon as possible: 5 team bonus points if won in 15 rounds or less
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:17 pm

The Pelican Brief…

“…Everyone I have told about the brief is dead”

Why Darby, why couldn’t you just keep your mouth shut. “Darby Shaw, you take my breath away.” Damn Callahan and his smooth talking. “Don’t get your panties in a knot…” Well not always that smooth. But he’s dead now, all because of what you wrote. And they won’t stop until they quiet you too. At least you have Gray. Focus Darby. Morgan’s dead but at least you have the tape and documents. You just have to get the evidence to Gray’s office. Get it to his office and he can run the story, just make sure you don’t die first.

You are unnamed, unknown. But your mission is clear, finish what Khamel started, Victor will not tolerate a second failure. Eliminate this Darby Shaw and anyone else who gets in the way, retrieve what was in the safety deposit box, deliver the contents to Victor. Easy. Onto the first step, silence the student who couldn’t keep her mouth shut.

“…Everyone I have told about the brief is dead” … “I’ll take my chances”

Map - U.S. Senate
Settings - Assassin/Flat/Adjacent/Fog/30 Rounds/4 Player
Winning Objective - Bring the truth to light
Points - 10 points
Special Gameplay - 10 points to player who eliminates their target
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:06 pm

Welcome…to Jurassic Park…

“Life uh….finds a way”

Imagine…a park like no other. Not only with rides, treats, shows, but also with animals. And not just any kind of animal, it would be like nothing you could see anywhere else or had ever seen. A park with Dinosaurs. Real life Dinosaurs. That was the dream, the vision… I spared no expense… my dream, my vision. What a park like this would be like, can you imagine?

“Now try to imagine yourself in the Cretaceous Period. You get your first look at this "six-foot turkey" as you enter a clearing. He moves like a bird, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T.rex; he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Velociraptor. You stare at him…and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side. [brings two fingers together with a whooshing sound] From the other two raptors…you didn't even know were there. [beat] Because Velociraptor's a pack hunter, you see, he uses coordinated attack patterns, and he is out in force today. And he slashes at you with this: [produces a claw] a six-inch retractable claw, like a razor, on the middle toe. He doesn't bother to bite your jugular like a lion, oh no…he slashes at you here [makes slashing motions below the child's chest] or here… [above the groin] or maybe across the belly, spilling your intestines. The point is, you are alive when they start to eat you. So, you know…try to show a little respect.”

Grant could be dramatic, but he was right. We should have showed more respect, more respect for what we were doing. The Park, which was once green, beautiful, full of life…now sits grey and desolate. It was to be an escape from the bustle and noise of life, a place you could come and everyone, no matter what age, would feel like a young child again amazed but these magnificent creatures from story books and legends, fossils come to life. I spared no expense to make this a reality. And we almost died in the process. But this will not be the end of the story, no, we created something no one imagined was possible, we did that…I…did that. As much as I hate that wretched man, he did warn us, Life always finds a way….

You are Dennis, Dennis Nedry. An amazing computer programmer who is highly unappreciated and underpaid. But that’s alright, you’ll fix that. Biosyn is paying you a fortune to screw Hammond, he had his chance. Just need to shut things down and get this can to Dodgson. Idiots, who pays that kind of money for eggs, even if they are dinosaur eggs. Should scramble them first, that’ll teach them haha. Oh well, let the idiots pay and then you’ll be done with this stupid island and stupid dinosaurs. Just can’t let anyone get in your way, gotta get to your payday ha ha ha.

Map - Island of Doom
Settings - Standard/Escalating/Unlimited/Sunny/30 Rounds/4 Player
Winning Objective - Find a way…
Points - 10 to winner (Win the map)
Special Gameplay - Bonus 5 points for completing maps objective; "signal for help" or "destroy the island"
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:31 pm

Scoreboard updated with 3 games still going
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Devante on Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:32 pm

Ghost in the Shell…

“…Can you offer me proof of your existence? How can you, when neither modern science nor philosophy can explain what life is?”

…Are you real?

…Who are you?

…Are you just a shell?

…Are you Killian?

…Major?

…or Motoko?

…Who are you?

You are Mira, Mira Killian. Yes. But something doesn’t feel right. Not sure, it’s all…foggy…unclear. You are Killian. Major Killian. Yes, focus. They say you killed Ouelet. All lies but Cutter won’t stop until you are but a memory…memory…”…man is an individual only because of his intangible memory…and memory cannot be defined, but it defines mankind.”… what was that…who said that…a memory…so foggy…focus. Aramaki and the others are coming for you. You must stop this, stop Cutter. Find what’s missing, close that gap, remember…. remember Motoko… remember

“We cling to memories as if they define us, but…they really don’t. What we do is what defines us.”

Map - 8 Thoughts
Settings - Terminator/Nuclear/Parachute/Foggy/Trench/30 Rounds/4 Players
Winning Objective – Terminate all others, find, and embrace your identity
Points – 15 Points

Special Gameplay – 5 points for each player you terminate
Last edited by Devante on Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Devante
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to Ongoing