Conquer Club

CC's Ladder Tourney[!!!STARTED!!!]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

A team will be eliminated after a time. how long should that be?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:50 am

1 week
50%
2 weeks
17%
3 weeks
No votes
4 weeks (1 month)
33%

Total votes : 12

CC's Ladder Tourney[!!!STARTED!!!]

Postby Exterminator on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:11 pm

CC's Ladder Tourney

MORE PLAYERS WELCOME

Rite, for this tourney, i need 40 of teams of 2(4 ladders of 10 teams). this tourney is on going, ie. never stops. all 10 teams will be put in to a ladder, the only way u can move up and down is by playing ur opponants and beating them

eg. Team D are lower than Team A. Team D challenges Team A. Team D beats Team A. Team A moves down 1 spot. Team D takes Team A spot.

the team at the top of the Ladder at the end of each week will be promoted to the division above(unless they r in the top division). and the team at the bottom of the ladder at the end of [depends on poll] is relagated to the ladder below. If u r bottom of all 4 ladders. u stay there. u dont move, OR replaced by another team(if another team aplies for that position.

Each team will have there own map, for there "home ground". if u challenge a team, u play on the team that is challenged "home ground."

ALL games will be: Doubles, Sequential, Escalating, Unlimited

Team addmission form:
Team members: <2names>
Team map: <Name of Map>

ANY QUESTIONS, PLZ ASK ON THIS THREAD
Last edited by Exterminator on Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:21 am, edited 14 times in total.
"Sex is like maths. You add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, leave your solution and pray you don’t multiply."

Click this to be part of something HUGE!
Private 1st Class Exterminator

Postby Exterminator on Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:13 pm

the teams) legend: team members - map

Premier Division

Cricket/Johnnyrocket24 - Classic
    Fireside Poet/DIXIE - Alexadra's Empire
    Cdmilliner/AAfitz - canada
    Ham/Dussle - Europe
    V.J./Drags - ASIA
    dcowboys055/nyg5680 - Classic
    Max is gr8/hammer1967 - Indochina
    Exterminator/Cynthia - Tamriel
    igotaished/bustaheims - Classic
    David_Wain/Diablo05 - Asia
Last edited by Exterminator on Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 24 times in total.
"Sex is like maths. You add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, leave your solution and pray you don’t multiply."

Postby hwhrhett on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:25 pm

starting another tournament? so the one you started before will never finish? but youve started two at the same time this time? hmmmm.........
Cook hwhrhett

Postby Exterminator on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:26 am

hwhrhett wrote:starting another tournament? so the one you started before will never finish? but youve started two at the same time this time? hmmmm.........

wot r u imposing ??? :?

Postby cricket on Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:57 am

i would like to play. do i need to pick my team?
I am cricket, the cricket playing cricketer. The Master Blaster is the best in the world.

Highest Score - 1888
Highest Place - 292
Current Rank - Lieutenant
Current Score - 1630
Sergeant 1st Class cricket

Postby Exterminator on Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:21 am

cricket wrote:i would like to play. do i need to pick my team?

it wuld be better if u find players u can trust to b in ur team, and not random ppl u found on live chat 8)

Postby max is gr8 on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:26 am

this would be good if it wasn't teams
and it has to end eventually ever thought the person at the bottom of the table each month is elimnated and each month there has to be at least 1 game each
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Exterminator on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:47 am

max is gr8 wrote:this would be good if it wasn't teams
and it has to end eventually ever thought the person at the bottom of the table each month is elimnated and each month there has to be at least 1 game each

unfortunatly, u cant do 1 VS 1... yet.

and that is a good idea. the team that is at the bottom of ladder each month is elimated. ill add that bit to the first post.

Postby Exterminator on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:50 am

ive also changed it to doubles, not triples. so we can get teams quiker and easier.

Postby cricket on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:03 pm

ok. i am going to play with JOHNNYROCKET24.

thanks
I am cricket, the cricket playing cricketer. The Master Blaster is the best in the world.

Highest Score - 1888
Highest Place - 292
Current Rank - Lieutenant
Current Score - 1630
Sergeant 1st Class cricket

Postby Exterminator on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:05 pm

cricket wrote:ok. i am going to play with JOHNNYROCKET24.

thanks

in

Postby DIXIE on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:17 pm

FIRESIDEPOET and DIXIE...count us in :!:
Sergeant 1st Class DIXIE

Postby AAFitz on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:20 pm

Cdmilliner and AAfitz would like to join
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Exterminator on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:45 pm

both in

Postby boberz on Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:32 pm

okay now a suggestion when running an onoing ladder tournament there are three main ways that you can finish: firstly: you dont it goes on forever; secondly: eliminate one by one (like the poll asks); thirdly; a finish date is set before the tournaments starts.

Personally i think, if this is possible, that we should let the tournament run for a four weeks then eliminate the bottom person every week however i think also a new person (person with highest score that applies) should be allowed in at the same time then the ladder goes on forever or until finish date but with a new challenge every week. However it does mean that the best people will have to be commited and play the games even though they are safe.

This is just a thought and you may want to do it another way but after running several ladder tournaments (not in conquer club but in real life) this works best as even the bottom people have something to play for
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby dussle on Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:01 pm

Ham and I are in.
Sergeant dussle

Postby Exterminator on Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:43 am

boberz wrote:okay now a suggestion when running an onoing ladder tournament there are three main ways that you can finish: firstly: you dont it goes on forever; secondly: eliminate one by one (like the poll asks); thirdly; a finish date is set before the tournaments starts.

Personally i think, if this is possible, that we should let the tournament run for a four weeks then eliminate the bottom person every week however i think also a new person (person with highest score that applies) should be allowed in at the same time then the ladder goes on forever or until finish date but with a new challenge every week. However it does mean that the best people will have to be commited and play the games even though they are safe.

This is just a thought and you may want to do it another way but after running several ladder tournaments (not in conquer club but in real life) this works best as even the bottom people have something to play for

FANTASTIC!!

I agree. we shuld put an end to it. but put another team in after a team is eliminated.

i think we should do 10*# of weeks each person is eiminated.

do u think we should do this for that length of time ???

Postby max is gr8 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:48 am

okay now a suggestion when running an onoing ladder tournament there are three main ways that you can finish: firstly: you dont it goes on forever; If it lasts forever it would be boring secondly: eliminate one by one (like the poll asks);bows thirdly; a finish date is set before the tournaments starts. I agree

Personally i think, if this is possible, that we should let the tournament run for a four weeks then eliminate the bottom person every week but is that enough time to have several matches making it possible form the person in bottom to go higher than 2nd to bottom however i think also a new person (person with highest score that applies) should be allowed in at the same time then the ladder goes on forever or until finish date but with a new challenge every week.what do you mean by new challenge However it does mean that the best people will have to be commited and play the games even though they are safe. but if they didn't have to play a game wouldn't it mean that there would be no movement near the top

This is just a thought and you may want to do it another way but after running several ladder tournaments (not in conquer club but in real life) this works best as even the bottom people have something to play for maybe have several ladders and the bottom person moves down the top person moves up each month

If there were several ladders and the person at the top got their name on a trophy that would work as you could then start introducing cups where teams in lower divisions start earlier and better teams start later

Also Exterminator maybe you should get a bit of help through other CCers
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Exterminator on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:56 am

max is gr8 wrote:
okay now a suggestion when running an onoing ladder tournament there are three main ways that you can finish: firstly: you dont it goes on forever; If it lasts forever it would be boring secondly: eliminate one by one (like the poll asks);bows thirdly; a finish date is set before the tournaments starts. I agree

Personally i think, if this is possible, that we should let the tournament run for a four weeks then eliminate the bottom person every week but is that enough time to have several matches making it possible form the person in bottom to go higher than 2nd to bottom however i think also a new person (person with highest score that applies) should be allowed in at the same time then the ladder goes on forever or until finish date but with a new challenge every week.what do you mean by new challenge However it does mean that the best people will have to be commited and play the games even though they are safe. but if they didn't have to play a game wouldn't it mean that there would be no movement near the top

This is just a thought and you may want to do it another way but after running several ladder tournaments (not in conquer club but in real life) this works best as even the bottom people have something to play for maybe have several ladders and the bottom person moves down the top person moves up each month

If there were several ladders and the person at the top got their name on a trophy that would work as you could then start introducing cups where teams in lower divisions start earlier and better teams start later

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: BRAIN STORM. first 10 teams go in top devision, nxt 10 in the next, etc. then after the 4weeks, the top team go up a division(cept in the TOP division, they r crowned CHAMPS) and the bootom team in each division go down 1. the bootom team in the bottom division r replaced by another team. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

thoughts ???

Postby max is gr8 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:08 am

Exterminator wrote:
max is gr8 wrote:

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: BRAIN STORM. first 10 teams go in top devision, nxt 10 in the next, etc. then after the 4weeks, the top team go up a division(cept in the TOP division, they r crowned CHAMPS) and the bootom team in each division go down 1. the bootom team in the bottom division r replaced by another team. :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

thoughts ???

Isn't that basically what I said
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Exterminator on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:13 am

yes

Postby max is gr8 on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:25 am

Exterminator I'm in with youIf you ain't got a partner
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby Exterminator on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:27 am

max is gr8 wrote:Exterminator I'm in with youIf you ain't got a partner

hmm.. ill ask sum1 i kno, if she cant do it, ill be with u

Postby V.J. on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:16 am

Team members: V.J. and Drags
Team map: Asia
Sergeant 1st Class V.J.

Postby Exterminator on Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:08 pm

Remember, u need to put ur team map as well.

theres teams have not stated there map they with to b there "home ground":

Cricket/Johnnyrocket24
    Fireside Poet/DIXIE
    Cdmilliner/AAfitz
    Ham/Dussle

plz state the map u wish to play on. thx

Next

Return to Abandoned