Conquer Club

Battle Royale: Greek Edition [5 spots! Rules in debate!]

Tournaments that are no longer happening

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Forza AZ on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:08 am

Very nice idea, but looks complicated as you will have to ask everybody which attack they will do first etc.

And what are the minimum number of attacks? 3 or 1?

And what happens when 2 players decide to attack each other and both win their game? Will the first finished game decide what happens?

A lot of questions. :wink:

But I'm in. You can use my avatar as my symbol.

Edit: I just notice the games are Unlimited. I don't like Unlimited in 1 vs 1. Unlimited favours the starting player to much, so I'm only in when it's Chained or Adjacent.
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Red Jack on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:19 am

Sounds interesting ... count me in!
Sergeant 1st Class Red Jack

i m in

Postby Mar-De-Lafayette on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:25 am

i joint it :wink:
Major Mar-De-Lafayette

sign me up.

Postby Paintball_Rat on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 am

I am sooo in...
Corporal Paintball_Rat

BUMP

Postby dragon dor on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:29 am

DRAGON HERE COUNT ME ON :twisted:
Sergeant 1st Class dragon dor

Postby Marshall Law on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:03 am

I'm down even though this sounds like it will take forever just to get through the first round.
Private 1st Class Marshall Law

Re: Battle Royale: Greek Edition [36 spots open!]

Postby Aerial Attack on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:15 am

GreecePwns wrote:-All games will be played according to the defending territory involved, with Standard, Sequential, Flat Rate, Unlimited, No FoW settings.
-To win, you must conquer the world and own all 42 areas on the Classic map

Taking your Turn
Attacks allowed for the Turn = (# of territories owned/3) + continent bonus

-When it is your turn, you can choose to attack any adjacent territory. To take over that territory, you will have to win a 1v1 game against the other player. So pretty much every attack involves playing a 1v1 game instead of rolling the dice.
-If you win, you take over that territory. You can attack anyone again until your attack limit has expired.
-If you lose, you cannot attack that player again, but you may attack other players until you lose to all of your adjacent territories or your attack limit has expired.

I see that you've decided to come out with the "Game Within the Game Tournament" and renamed it. Very nice.

Definite Problem with the "if you lose" scenario. Towards the end of the game - people are going to have lots of terrs adjoining the same person in different locations.

Based on my reading of your rule. Person A owns Brazil and Peru. A failed attack from Brazil to Argentina (Person B) - would result in not being able to attack from Peru to Argentina or any where else Person B owns (perhaps Brazil to N. Africa).

This would become exceedingly difficult near the end with 2 or 3 people. Effectively you would lose any terr or continent attack bonuses.

I assume you meant to say something like this:

- If you lose you may no longer attack from Failed Attack Territory to Successful Defend Territory. However (provided you still have attacks left), Failed Attack Territory may attack any Other adjacent territories OR another territory that you occupy which is adjacent to Successful Defend Territory may make another attack at Successful Defend Territory

I realize that's a bit long winded - but, if you don't allow the same player to be attacked multiple times in a turn, no one will ever win.

also, this should be the new win statement:

- If you win, you take over that territory. You can continue attacking any territories (adjacent to ones that you occupy) until your attack limit has expired.

I am trying to limit my games (especially 1 v 1), and since someone needs to WIN a minimum of 41 games - that's going to be a big commitment.

- Aerial Attack (afraid of commitment)
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Forza AZ on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:50 am

Some more questions?

Are you going to let the players take turns 1 by 1? In that case turn 1 will already take months.

And if you let everybody take turn 1 at the same time (like in normal Battle Royal with Freestyle mode), then what happens if more then 1 player conquers the same territory in the same turn. Who will get that territory, the player that won it first (by time or rounds) or the player that anounced the attack first?

The idea of this tournament is OK, but maybe it's good to change to Doodle Earth, so you only have 18 players, and much less work to organise it. If it's succesfull you always can do Classic later on.
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Forza AZ on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:56 am

Aerial Attack wrote:Based on my reading of your rule. Person A owns Brazil and Peru. A failed attack from Brazil to Argentina (Person B) - would result in not being able to attack from Peru to Argentina or any where else Person B owns (perhaps Brazil to N. Africa).

I think he wrote the rule with the starting situation in mind, in which each player only has 1 territory, so if you fail to win, you can't attack from another territory. If not, then it indeed can get very difficult later on. 1 loss will end your turn, while you still have multiple attacks. Let's assume there are still 2 players and 1 has Oceania and the other the rest. Then the players that has almost the complete map, still can only attack 1 time to Indonesia and when he loses that game his turn is over. That doesn't sound fair. That player should be able to attack Indonesia as long as he has attacks left.
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Aerial Attack on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:05 am

Forza AZ wrote:
Aerial Attack wrote:Based on my reading of your rule. Person A owns Brazil and Peru. A failed attack from Brazil to Argentina (Person B) - would result in not being able to attack from Peru to Argentina or any where else Person B owns (perhaps Brazil to N. Africa).

I think he wrote the rule with the starting situation in mind, in which each player only has 1 territory, so if you fail to win, you can't attack from another territory. If not, then it indeed can get very difficult later on. 1 loss will end your turn, while you still have multiple attacks. Let's assume there are still 2 players and 1 has Oceania and the other the rest. Then the players that has almost the complete map, still can only attack 1 time to Indonesia and when he loses that game his turn is over. That doesn't sound fair. That player should be able to attack Indonesia as long as he has attacks left.

Actually, the situation you suggest is wrong. You may have a ton of territories (the entire Classic Map), but if you don't have enough armies on Siam to take Indonesia - you can't continue attacking. In that case - Player A doesn't have any adjacent terrs left to attack, so the turn should be over. There are bottlenecks on the map - there should be in the "big picture" game too.

Otherwise, it's just cue up 30 games with Player A against Player B. And, as soon as Player A wins 4 of them - the tournament is over (the other 26 attacks/games don't matter any more).
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Norse on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:22 pm

Sounds great!

Count me in!
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby Forza AZ on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:36 pm

Aerial Attack wrote:Actually, the situation you suggest is wrong. You may have a ton of territories (the entire Classic Map), but if you don't have enough armies on Siam to take Indonesia - you can't continue attacking. In that case - Player A doesn't have any adjacent terrs left to attack, so the turn should be over. There are bottlenecks on the map - there should be in the "big picture" game too.

Yes, off course when the armies are out, you can't attack from Siam any more, but in my situation the players has 38 territories and 22 bonus, so he gets 34 armies. He would be stupid if he didn't deploy them all on Siam. Same in this tournament. He should get 34 attacks, and he can use all of them from Siam to Indonesia (and furtheron if he wins 1 of them).

So this is how I would have the tournament look like. Don't know if this is the same as GreecePwns was planning it:

-It has to be "Freestyle" (so all players can select an attack at the same time). You let each player select 1 attack, and then play all of these games.
-When you win an "attack-game" you get the territory you attack, unless more players attack the same territory in the same (sub)turn. Then the player that wins the attackgame in the least amount of turns gets it (least amount of time isn't fair, as winning a game in RT in 15 turns can be faster then winning a game in 4 turns in a normal way. And so people with more time on CC would get an advantage).

PS: It can be possible that 2 players attack each other, so let's say player A attacks Brazil from Argentina and player B attacks Argentina from Brazil. When both win their attack-game then they in fact "switch sides".

-When all games are over you start the next (sub)round. So if all players have used up their attacks you start the next round. If not all players have used up their attacks for that round, then the players that have still attacks left get to pick their next attack in the next subround, and players that have no attacks left can only defend in that subround.

-To have the tournament run smoothly, you can give all players for instance 24 hours to select their attack, and players that don't react in this 24 hours lose their attack for that subround. Also you can give 24 or 48 hours for players to join their games, and when they didn't join the win goes to the other player (or if both don't join, nothing will happen with that attack).

-I also still suggest to use Doodle Earth for this tournament (and having a minimum of 1 attack each round (and not 3 as in normal games), so you have 18 games in round 1. And then each next (sub)round a maximum of 18 each (sub)round. This way the tournament will run better and faster I think, and it will be much less work to organise. When it runs OK, then you always later can make a new tournament with a bigger map.
-You can also use Classic, but with less then 42 players, and then making the rest of the territories neutral. You can conquer these neutrals without playing a game, but it still costs you an attack, so you will not have that much games in the first rounds.
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby I GOT SERVED on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:34 pm

Sounds a bit complicated, but count me in anyways.

I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough.

Highest score: 2512
Highest rank: 424
Captain I GOT SERVED

Postby mac46 on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:50 pm

count me in! you can just use my avatar or another duke logo for me. Thanks!
Sergeant 1st Class mac46

Postby Reel_Big_Fish on Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:15 pm

Reel_Big_Fish wrote:count me in.... i think I get it.

Use the RBF band logo as my flag lol. Make sure its on a big map too.
Corporal Reel_Big_Fish

Postby GreecePwns on Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:27 pm

Ok, now that school is done for today, I will answer your questions.

1. What I meant was that when you lose, you can't attack that territory. I will change that.

2. Minimum attacks given to a player is 3 (just like armies, you will always have 3 attacks or more per turn).

3. Doodle Earth sounds like a good idea. I am switching to Doodle Earth and only allowing 18 players in. However, there will be 2 separate games going on, and the top 6 players in each game will advance to a final game, where everyone starts with 3 territs each. How about that?

4. I am still keeping it as sequential turns however.

5. I chose unlimited because there will be so many games, and they would go faster. However, I am considering changing to chained.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby oakleyshole on Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:09 pm

GreecePwns wrote:
oakleyshole wrote:I WOULD LIKE IN , so i can see what you give me as a symbol :wink:
I don't know. What do you suggest?

how about just a black (hole) dot :lol:
Private 1st Class oakleyshole

I'll play!

Postby my.name.is.mic on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:38 pm

I'm in!
Lieutenant my.name.is.mic

Postby Bad Speler on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:07 pm

sounds interesting, im in

edit: glad you didnt notice my post, I think I've already joined to many tournaments and wont join this one
Last edited by Bad Speler on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Postby Forza AZ on Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:22 am

GreecePwns wrote:4. I am still keeping it as sequential turns however.

So this means that the first player first gets to play 3 games (=attacks), and then the next player 3 games. Then you have 54 games one after one untill turn 1 is over (will be some less, since players will be eliminated before they get to their turn). So let's say each game will take 2 days (that would already be fast, as not all players can meet each other to finish a game RT), so turn 1 will at least take 3 months (!!!!!).
Think the only solution is to make it Freestyle with 18 games at once, or else this tournament will take forever.
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby Marshall Law on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:44 am

Forza AZ wrote:Think the only solution is to make it Freestyle with 18 games at once, or else this tournament will take forever.

SO in freestyle would the first person to call out a territory get to attack that territory? and you would have to wait till that game was over to attack that specific territory?
Private 1st Class Marshall Law

Postby banana_hammocks on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:52 pm

there is a difference.... greece you need to clarify the difference between in the games and in the overall game/tournament.

I think it would work best if the overall game/tournament were "freestyle"...but the individual games were sequential turns.

if more than 1 person wants to attack a terratory, just make it a 3 way ffa, rather than 2 1v1's.

PS. this is a great tournament and we are all just trying to help out and clarify the rules.

Good luck.
Captain banana_hammocks

Postby Godd on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:00 pm

sign me in
Major Godd

Postby Russianfire8371 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:03 pm

i like this idea.

Count me in
Corporal Russianfire8371

Postby chopsiu on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:26 pm

count me in
thanks