Conquer Club

cc championship

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

cc championship

Postby mc05025 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:43 pm

I am thinking of making one big tournament and call it cc championship or something like that.

My point is to attract the best players on cc and play in many settings

In order to do that I will separate the players to 3 groups.

1) Players that will be allowed to play straight at the tournament (most likely all the generals)
2) A group of strong players that do not belong to group 1 and that will play a strong tournament (most likely brigs) and the top 20 players will be able to play at the tournament
3) An oppend tournament for everyone except fror those that belongs to the group 1 or 2. The top 20 players will be able to play to the tournament.

A cup will be given for the groups 2 and 3

There will be both standar and team games and a lot of settings, maps etc

Is that ok to organise something like that or these kind of restriction in joining the tournament is not ok?
Is the name ok? if not give me a better name please
Field Marshal mc05025

Re: cc championship

Postby Lindax on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:12 pm

mc05025 wrote:I am thinking of making one big tournament and call it cc championship or something like that.

My point is to attract the best players on cc and play in many settings

In order to do that I will separate the players to 3 groups.

1) Players that will be allowed to play straight at the tournament (most likely all the generals)
2) A group of strong players that do not belong to group 1 and that will play a strong tournament (most likely brigs) and the top 20 players will be able to play at the tournament
3) An oppend tournament for everyone except fror those that belongs to the group 1 or 2. The top 20 players will be able to play to the tournament.

A cup will be given for the groups 2 and 3

There will be both standar and team games and a lot of settings, maps etc

Is that ok to organise something like that or these kind of restriction in joining the tournament is not ok?
Is the name ok? if not give me a better name please

Not a new idea I'm afraid. However, the kind of restrictions you're talking about will not be allowed.

Other than that, your tournament will probably be so big and complicated that it will fail because of players leaving and other complications.

Anyway, you're already the champion of CC (for now at least). :D

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: cc championship

Postby mc05025 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 am

LOL. I wasn't going to play at it. I know something like that is too complicated and so there should be someone taking decision like the kind of the game and many others DURING the tournaments. So this one should be a trustful person and not a player. Anyway you are right that it is very complicaed and the way I have thought it can be organized is against many rules of the site. I just thought it could be interesting and organized by the qoncueror maybe will atract good players.
Field Marshal mc05025

Return to Tournament Archives