Conquer Club

Tourney Stalkers, can anything be done?

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Tourney Stalkers, can anything be done?

Postby perchorin on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:54 pm

If one were to feel like they were being stalked across tournaments by a player who's main interest were simply to ruin the fun of someone else is there anything that could be done? I understand and agree with foe lists being disabled in tourneys but what if someone were taking advantage of that fact to harass a player they did not like? I have little to no proof that this is happening to me, but I suspect it may be and just wanted to pose this question at least theoretically to the public. I expect I'll hear answers like "pm the tourney directors" or "file a C&A report" but all the accused would have to say is "it's just a coincidence" and case closed. Maybe there's no good solution but I'l put this out there anyway. Anyone else have a similar experience? How/was it resolved?
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Re: Tourney Stalkers, can anything be done?

Postby Lindax on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Mmmm.... Interesting....

Even though something like this will be next to impossible to prove, I still think you actually should take it up with the Tournament Directors, or to be more specific, Night Strike.

Give him specifics, examples, etc. and if there indeed seems to be something going on he could ask the player in question to refrain from "stalking" you. If that player then still continues in an obvious way I would think it could be taken further.

If I were a TD I'd look into it. Anything that disrupts our tournament community is worth looking into IMHO.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Night Strike on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:20 pm

The situation has never occurred as far as I know, so I can't just give a blanket yes or no. You'll have to provide me with much more specific information rather than generalities.
Major Night Strike

Postby perchorin on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:34 am

Have to be honest I kind of forgot about this after I posted it :oops:
Lindax wrote:Mmmm.... Interesting....

Even though something like this will be next to impossible to prove, I still think you actually should take it up with the Tournament Directors, or to be more specific, Night Strike.

Give him specifics, examples, etc. and if there indeed seems to be something going on he could ask the player in question to refrain from "stalking" you. If that player then still continues in an obvious way I would think it could be taken further.

If I were a TD I'd look into it. Anything that disrupts our tournament community is worth looking into IMHO.

Lx

I suppose that's the best advice, thanks!
Night Strike wrote:The situation has never occurred as far as I know, so I can't just give a blanket yes or no. You'll have to provide me with much more specific information rather than generalities.

I'll hold off for now and see if my suspicions merit being pursued. Really just wanted to throw this situation out there hypothetically and see if it's been encountered before. Thanks for your response.
Major perchorin

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:49 pm

I would like to publicly state that I am not stalking perchorin. It's just a coincidence.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby perchorin on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I would like to publicly state that I am not stalking perchorin. It's just a coincidence.

I wasn't thinking of you when I posted this Yoshi. I prefer to think of what you and I have as more of a courtship :P
Major perchorin

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:04 pm

perchorin wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I would like to publicly state that I am not stalking perchorin. It's just a coincidence.

I wasn't thinking of you when I posted this Yoshi. I prefer to think of what you and I have as more of a courtship :P

It's because you're both nuke-happy. All I have to do is lay a little trail of plutonium, and you'll both follow me anywhere...:P
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby perchorin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
perchorin wrote:

It's because you're both nuke-happy. All I have to do is lay a little trail of plutonium, and you'll both follow me anywhere...:P

That's it! We're just a green-glowing, horribly mutated version of Hansel and Gretel!
Major perchorin

Return to Tournament Archives