Conquer Club

Formula One 2012 Off-Season - NOT CURRENTLY RECRUITING

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Formula One 2012 Off-Season - NOT CURRENTLY RECRUITING

Postby Serreski on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:47 pm

f1 logo.jpg

Hi Guys

The Formula One 2012 tournament has been a success =D> and fun to run but now there are almost 4 months without any decent international motorsports action ](*,). As this clearly will not do, I am hosting an off-season event using classic tracks and teams who haven't been part of the main F1 Circuit for a while.

I'm looking for 16 players to represent 16 of the greatest drivers from the past (including M Schumacher). Drivers will be assigned to players on a random basis.

RACES
For each Grand Prix, the 16 drivers will first be split into 4 random groups of 4 qualifiers. The winner from each qualifying session will go through to the race proper, accompanied by the runner-up(s) of the qualifier taking the most rounds to complete - making it 5-8 players in the race.

The race will be comprised of 3 concurrent games, marking 3 phases of the Grand Prix and allowing for 2 pitstops.

Races will be run as per the calendar below.

MAPS
races2.jpg

SETTINGS
Game Type: Standard
Spoils: Escalating
Re-Enforcement: Adjacent
Round Limit: 30 Rounds
Round Length: 24 Hours

SCORING
Drivers are allocated points depending on their average reverse finishing order in the game, using the following scoring system.
show: Scoring System

If at the end of a race 2 or more drivers are in equal first place, the winner will be decided as the driver who won the most phases. If 2 or more drivers won one phase each, then the winner will be decided as the driver with the most finishes in 1&2 in the race etc.

PLAYERS
show: Entrants
show: Reserves

Non Attendance
You will have 24 hours to join a game when invited. If you miss a qualifier, you simply won't qualify for the race. If you miss the race, the race will be one driver short. Miss 2 races in a row without good reason and your seat will permanently be taken by the highest-placed reserve.

Also, if you are knocked out of a game due to deadbeating, I will contact you for a reason. If no decent answer is given, you will be eliminated from the tournament from the next race onwards. There are plenty of willling reserves.

images courtesy of Wikipedia and underlying sources
Last edited by Serreski on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Serreski

Re: Formula One 2012 Off-Season - NOT CURRENTLY RECRUITING

Postby Serreski on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:47 pm

held
Major Serreski

Re: Formula One 2012 Off-Season - NOT CURRENTLY RECRUITING

Postby chapcrap on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:58 pm

I'm just locking this until I figure out what is going on here. To be opened up very shortly.

EDIT: Unlocked. This is going to be a real tournament. Serreski is still working on editing things in the OP.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Tournament Archives