Conquer Club

FOG RULE breach

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

FOG RULE breach

Postby Doctor Spin on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:34 am

My opponent in a Bot Army - One on One tournament broke the fog rule on his/her first turn. Does this automatically disqualify him/her? If so, how should this be reported and actioned?

It's game number #20532190 and my opponent is Igrupido. They have acknowledged their error and apologised, but given the rank difference between us, I don't particularly want to forfeit the points I stand to lose.

I look forward to the response.

Thank you.
Lieutenant Doctor Spin

Re: FOG RULE breach

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:57 am

The fog rule is typically only applied in clan wars where both clans agree to it or in tournaments if the organizer explicitly required it. In clan war games where the rule is in effect, if a fog rule is breached, the offending party is required to disclose the information the opponent would have had if they had a chance to get a snapshot. You could have requested the information from your opponent (including via wall post and PM) to request that information prior to taking your first turn. There's no reason he should have had to forgo a round of deploys either, just provide you with information, which he did as soon as he realized his mistake (and well within the 24 hour window needed for your first turn). Also, the "fog rule" is simply a courtesy and not a site rule, unless explicitly agreed to in tournament or clan war rules. Your opponent didn't do anything wrong and didn't even have to give you the information requested. So no, he definitely will not be disqualified.
Major Doc_Brown

Return to Tournament Archives