Conquer Club

Confirm End Attack

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby zip_disk on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:23 pm

Captain zip_disk

Postby hendy on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:34 pm

hawkeye wrote:NO POPUPS. There we go. w already moved the "end" buttont all the way right.

we dont need popups you that screen you get when you delete a post it says are you sure you want to delete this post? How about something like that?
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Postby Herakilla on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:42 pm

if you are still hitting the wrong button i have one word

GLASSES
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby kc-jake on Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:06 pm

Herakilla wrote:if you are still hitting the wrong button i have one word

GLASSES

kc-jake wrote:And regardless, I don't need glasses, my vision is just fine. Thanks for the cop-out, though.

My earlier statement still stands.

And zip_disk, you have just proven my point that I'm not the first person to have a problem with the button.

This isn't the flame wars forum. If you don't have constructive criticism or "I'm agree"s to say, then why are you here, other than attempting to make you feel better about yourself by criticizing others with intelligent arguments?
I was a major back when 1600 was major. Now that I'm back, I get to easily win a bunch of games to get my rank. Thank the 'tards here who suck at this game.
imhot4jesus wrote:Literacy never hurt anybody.

Highest Rank: #154 (Oct 05 '06)
Highest Score: 1725 (Jul 18 '08)
Sergeant 1st Class kc-jake

Postby Herakilla on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:16 pm

alright im sorry its just im in a crappy mood cause i got a migraine right now
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby kc-jake on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:24 pm

Herakilla wrote:alright im sorry its just im in a crappy mood cause i got a migraine right now

Ugh, I know how that goes. Only thing that works for me is sleeping, sometimes I gotta clal it a night. One time I got one working the closing shift in Seafood at a grocery store... some poor chump had to close up while I went home and crashed. Migraines suck.
I was a major back when 1600 was major. Now that I'm back, I get to easily win a bunch of games to get my rank. Thank the 'tards here who suck at this game.

Postby zip_disk on Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:20 pm

kc-jake wrote:And zip_disk, you have just proven my point that I'm not the first person to have a problem with the button.

Did you actually read the thread? There was a problem, it was fixed. Your "solution" was removed because noone else had a problem anymore. There are other more important things on the "To do" list.

lack (the admin and person who would program it) has already responded to the matter and still you keep pushing it. Its an unnecessary addition for a minor problem. Your solution is to keep it out of the mainstream's way? Why do it then?

If this is such a big problem for you, just make a greasemonkey script yourself that adds a confirmation box.
Captain zip_disk

Postby thejackofhearts on Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:35 pm

On Landgrab, they have a button in the fortify step that lets you go back to attacking as long as you haven't fortified anywhere yet.

As for the end fortifications button, all I can say is pay attention.
Cook thejackofhearts

Postby lackattack on Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:14 am

Okay here's where I stand on the checkbox confirmation option. I think it's a silly feature that I would never use but I will eventually cave in and program it because people keep requesting it. I won't cave in any time soon because I am busy working on more important improvements and there is not enough pressure for it at this time.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:11 am

How wasted do you have to be to miss the attack button that bad.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby x on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:19 am

I sometimes hit the End Attack/End Fortification buttons instead of the Attack/Fortify buttons.

It happens when I have my browser closer to 800 pixels wide than 60,000 pixels wide. At times, like when territory names are long enough, the End Attack button appears directly under the Attack button, and in the middle of "battle" it's an extraordinarily easy mistake to make.

If enough people complain about something, you have to believe that it's a problem with the design and not with all the people.
Private 1st Class x

Postby kc-jake on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:12 am

Now that we have the official word, I will say no more, except to post here as a reminder every month or so.

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:15 am

No need, I'll put it on the 'to-do' list for lack, but like he said, it might be a long while. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby sully800 on Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:47 pm

kc-jake wrote:Now that we have the official word, I will say no more, except to post here as a reminder every month or so.

I just want to point out that the reason people may have seemed hostile to you and your idea is because we have been over this argument MANY times in MANY threads. Lack has given his opinion on it in those other threads, and feels that moving the end attacks button to the other side of the screen was sufficient. The problem is simply that when you post on here a lot, it gets very tiresome to rehash the same ideas and arguments again and again (see also: AndyDufresne's life).

Overall, I still fail to understand how you could have made this mistake 4 times (over the course of 7 games!), because the buttons are no where near each other. Whenever I am playing a round that I feel is important I take time to make sure I know what I am doing. I am not saying this to create a personal attack against you, but I just feel that if you can't pay attention to what button you are pushing then your strategy in the game is probably not getting enough focus either. Everyone in general should slow down if they find themselves making mistakes.

That being said, if you are playing a real time freestyle game or some other masochisticly confusing ordeal, you may have to play very quickly. In that situation you may make mistakes, but if you rush so much that you blunder through the game I consider it your own fault.

I can't remember if I ever ended attacks early, but I know one time I accidentally deployed a huge force of armies to the wrong country. They ended up on one of the countries in my backlines that was blocked by all my other territories so I could not attack. That was no ones mistake but my own, so I have simply played more carefully ever since.
Major sully800

Postby Ishiro on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:22 pm

I was bored...

If you are using Firefox and have Greasemonkey installed, go to: http://www.probablynot.com/greasemonkey ... ds.user.js and install that script. It will add confirmation dialogs to the End Attacks and End Fortification buttons.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby kc-jake on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:23 pm

Ishiro wrote:I was bored...

If you are using Firefox and have Greasemonkey installed, go to: http://www.probablynot.com/greasemonkey ... ds.user.js and install that script. It will add confirmation dialogs to the End Attacks and End Fortification buttons.

Hmm. I'll have to install greasemonkey then.

Postby lackattack on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:17 pm

Well done, Ishiro!

You should PM Twill to add it to his sticky post on 3rd party plugins (if you haven't done so yet)

EDIT: Andy, it doesn't have to go on my to-do list anymore :mrgreen:
Sergeant lackattack

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:21 pm

Haha, alright. :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby kc-jake on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:08 am

I've been using the script and it rules. I have yet to hit the wrong button and need to be saved, but if I can do it 5 times in the 10 days I've been here, I'm sure there will be opportunity. Unfortunately, I have to install this all at work too.

And Lack, are you in need of help with coding? I noticed you use PHP (which is good) and I assume you use MySQL for your database since you use phpBB. I am a self-proclaimed expert in both, and would be willing to help with coding new things, or simply debugging your work as you complete it (think of it as "peer-review"). Let me know if you're interested.

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:28 am

Can someone program a greasemonkey to make me get straight 6's
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Ishiro on Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:18 am

reverend_kyle wrote:Can someone program a greasemonkey to make me get straight 6's

Sure... I can make the game show you all 6's, but it will just be an illusion. :)
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Postby lackattack on Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:52 am

kc-jake wrote:And Lack, are you in need of help with coding? I noticed you use PHP (which is good) and I assume you use MySQL for your database since you use phpBB. I am a self-proclaimed expert in both, and would be willing to help with coding new things, or simply debugging your work as you complete it (think of it as "peer-review"). Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer kc-jake. I like to do most coding myself, but I'll keep you in mind should I have something I need help with :)
Sergeant lackattack

Postby wicked on Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:54 am

reverend_kyle wrote:Can someone program a greasemonkey to make me straight?

I don't think that's possible. :lol:
Major wicked

Postby sully800 on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:37 am

Burned by the nearly naked redhead!
Major sully800

Postby Fireside Poet on Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:10 am

sully800 wrote:Burned by the nearly naked redhead!

Strange that that doesn't even move reverend_kyle. :D
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions