Conquer Club

Double Turns and Freestyle Turn Holding

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:29 pm

I agree with Semp, there are advantages and drawbacks to it all.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby river-reids on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:03 pm

wouldnt it just work... if one player misses a turn... that team still goes down as the last team to finish... hence not being able to start first..

thats what happens in team games, the last team to take there turn cant be the first to play the next turn. why cant it be like that if one of the team misses a turn?

what happened to sadistic and i is not fair and is not in the spirit of the game. we where in a good position to win that game.
Corporal river-reids

Postby Dlakavi on Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:21 am

Evil Semp wrote:The trouble with the solution you described is if al the players on Team 1 gets to play before Team 2 gets a chance to play they can kill someone from Team 2 before they even get a turn. At least in freestyle they have a chance to play.

The chances of that are really slim, and anyway, if team 2 knows each other they will all join at the same time and play before team 1, right?
Lieutenant Dlakavi

Postby Evil Semp on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:28 pm

Dlakavi wrote:The chances of that are really slim, and anyway, if team 2 knows each other they will all join at the same time and play before team 1, right?

They way I understand the solution posted in this thread is Team 1 goes first then Team 2 which puts Team 2 at an extreme disadvantage. At least in freestyle the way it is played now both teams have a chance to go first.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dlakavi on Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:33 pm

Yes, you undestand correctly.
But, when me and m friends join a freestyle, we join as team 2, and play right away, before anyone in team 1(they should be on the computer in those precise 5 minutes)

I dont know, i think that it should be tried for a couple of beta games (They dont have to be programmed, only 6 guys meet and play 10 games, in 5 games Team 2 waits for team 1 to complete a turn all the time and in 5 games the oposite)
Lieutenant Dlakavi

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:36 am

i voted reset to 24 hours, mainly because i play at the beginning of my day. after 12 hours, i am supposed to be on dinner, and sleep time. not my computer
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Fix for freestyle games give other team 5 mins to play trick

Postby stlcard1521 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:35 pm

You know how in freestyle games when it gets down to 2 players or in team games, some ass holes will wait till the last 5 minutes of a round to play their turn so you get screwed and lose your turn? why not only give that person maybe 12 or 16 hours or so to play their turn before opening it up and allowing both teams/opponentst to play their turn to get rid of that cheap trick? that way both sides have a reasonable amount of time to get their turn in, and i think it still preserves the "low involvement, be able to only spend 5 minutes a day" philosophy

Priority: 3
Corporal 1st Class stlcard1521

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:19 am

a far simpler sulution would be to put the time to 48 hours for time to run out.
and after 24 the other team is allowed to play if you have not made a move...

deadbeats are annoying then, but at least you dont get shorted out playing.
i do my turns in the morning, with a 12 hour limit i dont get to sleep.
with 24 hours, i do!
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby MTA-M on Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:41 am

SirSebstar wrote:a far simpler sulution would be to put the time to 48 hours for time to run out.
and after 24 the other team is allowed to play if you have not made a move...

deadbeats are annoying then, but at least you dont get shorted out playing.
i do my turns in the morning, with a 12 hour limit i dont get to sleep.
with 24 hours, i do!

You could also only start the 24 hours from the moment you are able to play. So everybody has 24 hours to take their turn. So then it will have no use for someone to wait untill the last 5 minutes, because there opponents click will only start when they start their turn, and they won't have just 5 min, but still 24 hours.

Example: Player 1 was the last in a turn, and can't start the next round. The first other player takes his turn after 23 hours. The rest of the players have only 1 hour from then, but player 1 has 24 hours from that time.
Corporal 1st Class MTA-M

Postby sfhbballnut on Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:40 pm

It takes three turns to deadbeat, sort of a hard situation to pull off
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby spiesr on Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:35 pm

Or simply everyone can play in the last hour...at least it couldn't be abused that way, and if you do miis your turn you still get armies from the missed one so what's the problem?
Captain spiesr

Postby sadistic on Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:06 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:better Idea.. bring back non staggered sequential.

yes, please do explain.

Also here's a better visual representation of what I was talking about:

http://s179269986.onlinehome.us/freestyle_exploit.htm

In every other freestyle game I've played if team1 ends the round then neither of the players from team1 can start the next round until someone from an opposing team starts their turn. (it usually puts red circles next to all players on team1 until team2 or team3 begins their turn)
Sergeant 1st Class sadistic

Postby sadistic on Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:19 pm

Here's a visual representation of what I see as the biggest / most surprising detail in freestyle.

In every freestyle game I've played, when team1 takes the last turn of a round it puts red circles next to each player on team1 so that team cannot begin to play their turn for the next round until any other player from another team begins their turn.

However there is a bug/exploit/tactic (whatever you want to call it) to get around this by having a player miss their turn, then take their next turn at the start of the next round. The instructions (though accurate) do not make this apparent.

Details available here:

http://s179269986.onlinehome.us/freestyle_exploit.htm
Sergeant 1st Class sadistic

Postby MTA-M on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:58 am

You could also just count a missed turn as a normal turn, so if someone of team 1 misses a turn, than still team 1 can't begin the next turn, but someone from another team has to start first.
Corporal 1st Class MTA-M

Postby RexRamp on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:36 am

MTA-M wrote:You could also just count a missed turn as a normal turn, so if someone of team 1 misses a turn, than still team 1 can't begin the next turn, but someone from another team has to start first.

Good proposal. Then we might avoid people stretching the rules this way, I prefer that they open up for the other team to take their turn after 12 hours thou.
Sergeant RexRamp

Postby reverend_kyle on Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:49 am

gavin_sidhu wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:better Idea.. bring back non staggered sequential.
Explain, or is this just a joke?

Hell no its not a joke.. thats how it was when I came here and it was great.. this staggered thing screws me because you cnat just fort your teammate then let them even it out..itgs bs.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby rdwj on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:18 pm

Honestly - people that abuse "bugs" should just be banned. This miss a turn strategy is pure garbage and you see it WAY too often.
Sergeant 1st Class rdwj

Players that dont end their turns and start the next round

Postby DaOneJosef on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:00 am

I've put this idea on the proper form as I would like to see it implemented. - wicked

* One of a team's players plays within the last hour of a 24-hour freestyle turn and by not ending his turn, that team then gets a defacto double turn. In team games, this move can catch the other teams off guard since it was not supposed to be a double turn game. I thought we got rid of this already??? Example games: 144888 and 144890

* Suggestion Idea: Change code to prevent this
* Specifics: Disallow any member of the same team to go first if any member of the same team had gone last, under any circumstances
* Why it is needed: Same reason we got rid of double turns, it catches teams unaware, so is discouraging; a loophole in the system
* Priority** (1-5): 5 (should be easy to code and I know you have plenty o'time ;-))

Comments [Original Post]:

Me and my partner wdw115 have played two games with the duo of johnnyrotten and reverend_kyle and we have posted in the cheating section of the tactics they use. They wait to end the round and play their turn and one player doesnt end, this allows them to start the next round and get back to back hits. There are two things i would like to recommend amending. The first is this, if a player/team does not end his/her round, they should not be allowed to go first, they should have to wait until the other team starts the round. That is just an exploitation, or what i like to call cheating. My last recommendation is that, players who miss their turn within the 24 hour timelimit should have to sacrifice the armies they did not recieve. This is almost similar to the last comment, they can hit with a bigger bulk of armies, once again another exploitation. Most peopole do not use these strategies but i have seen them and it takes away from the fairness/integrity of the game which i find enjoyable under normal circumstances.
Corporal 1st Class DaOneJosef

Postby hawkeye on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:15 am

The lost turn armies stay people have lives and shouldn't be punished for that.. Other than that I agree.
Cook hawkeye

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:17 am

Thats bollocks... you get the same amount of armies.. 3 for round 1 3 for round 2..... YOu just use them at different times.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby wdw115 on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:32 am

they got rid of double turns, why should some form of it stay if its supposed to be gone?
Sergeant 1st Class wdw115

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:34 am

thats the reason he got rid of it.. because people could do it in games w/odouble turns so he figured it'd be simple to merge the 2.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby wdw115 on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:38 am

but the whole point of it is not to sit and wait for the round to end and not click end turn so that you can go twice. its a bug, and the only reason you're fighting for it is because you're doing well with it. its an exploit that should be fixed
Sergeant 1st Class wdw115

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:46 am

I agree, and while they are fixing it they should bring back with double turns.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby hawkeye on Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:47 am

reverend_kyle wrote:I agree, and while they are fixing it they should bring back with double turns.

Undoubtedly.
Cook hawkeye

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions