No
28%

Total votes : 108

[Site] Scoreboard-MVP of the Month

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Concise description:
  • An additional scoreboard: MVP of the Month
b]This will improve the following aspects of the site:[/b]
  • It will provide a new, fun challenge for CCer's.
<example of medal

Specifics:
This will not replace the existing scoreboard, but be a new feature.
At the beginning of the month, each persons monthly score is set to 800, and everybody will have cadet rank.
Points are gained and lost in the same way as the existing scoreboard. The player with the most points gained during the month (highest monthly score) gets the MVP of the Month medal.
At the end of the month, all monthly scores are set back to 800 and the process is restarted.

Click image to enlarge.

Possible abuse: if in any way MVP of the month Abuse these system, Mods can not alove hem MPV Medal,and next player in scoreboard can be pronounce Mvp of the month.
abuse cases-(still need to determine these)
Last edited by bigWham on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Reason: Added [Site] tag for index
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Two SCoreboards

Postby brandoncfi on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:23 pm

I think this is a great idea
Highest point total 2774 and a rank of Colonel.
OSA of You
OSA Obsructing Your Sleep
GO STEELERS !!!
Cook brandoncfi

Postby lancehoch on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Just a little more expansion on this: the winner of the medal each month would be the person who had the most points gained during that month (the most improved score per month); you could have a negative score on the monthly scoreboard. qwert, is that accurate?
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby gdeangel on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:07 pm

This will only increase point farming among even the lower ranks.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:42 pm

by lancehoch on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:06 pm

Just a little more expansion on this: the winner of the medal each month would be the person who had the most points gained during that month (the most improved score per month); you could have a negative score on the monthly scoreboard. qwert, is that accurate?

Yes, player with most points gained during that month,he will get Medal winner for that month.
Negative score yes its possible,because all start with 0 point(these is not like regular board where you start with 1000 point,because here all is equal with point in begining month)ofcourse point is calculated like in regular scoreboard,and when month is over,every thing going from 0 again for next \month,similar for tennis.

by gdeangel on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:07 pm

This will only increase point farming among even the lower ranks.

What point Farming? You dont get double points,its a same points from regular scoreboard,only is calculated from one month, its little dificulty to explane.
Can someon give me description if understand what i sugested?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:47 pm

here one examples-you have 1750 point in regular scoreboard on begining october month.
Monthly score board you have 0 point. After month is over you get 2350 point in regular scoreboard,and that mean that you have in monthly scoreboard 600 point.
If you understand what i meant to say, i think that these is possible to create,and everybody have chance to be PLAYER OF THE MONTH ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby hwhrhett on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:47 pm

this would only cause people to purposefully tank their scores before the month in order to get the medal, wouldnt it?
Cook hwhrhett

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Whilst this seems a great idea, it could also promote points dumping, as if you have a high-ish score to start with, then you have no chance of winning the monthly medal.
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:50 pm

by hwhrhett on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:47 pm

this would only cause people to purposefully tank their scores before the month in order to get the medal, wouldnt it?

First mine english is bad at these moment-Tank Scores?
Second-like in highlanders say-they can be only one.
LIke in NBA,MVP of Month ,only 1 player can get medal.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lozzini on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:52 pm

he means people would get rid of all there points so they can gaiun the most next month
Top Rank: Captain
Top Score: 1835
Top Pos: 1707
Nothing ventured... nothing gained
Sergeant 1st Class lozzini

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:55 pm

by BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:50 pm

Whilst this seems a great idea, it could also promote points dumping, as if you have a high-ish score to start with, then you have no chance of winning the monthly medal.

Not understand,everybody start with 0, in monthly scoreboard.
If you play bad and loose point its normal that you can not get monthly medal,but if you play these month good and collect large number of points you can be MVP for these month. I must tell that some new recruit have fantastic start colecting 300-400 points for short time,and you have chance that for MVP can be sergeant-or some other middle ranks.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:59 pm

by lozzini on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:52 pm

he means people would get rid of all there points so they can gaiun the most next month

Its these bad? i think that these can bring some fresh thing in CC. People will colecting point to be MVP,but these only a sugestion,its these bad,then mine mistake, i just have :idea:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:05 pm

qwert wrote:
by lozzini on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:52 pm

Its these bad? i think that these can bring some fresh thing in CC. People will colecting point to be MVP,but these only a sugestion,its these bad,then mine mistake, i just have :idea:

Let me elaborate on my response above.

Due to the nature of the scoring system, points are much harder to win the higher your score.

If I start the month on 3000 pts and you on 1500, then if we just play against 1500 pt players, then you need to win half as many games as me in order to have the same net gain. Therefore is I was serious about gaining the monthly prize, then the lower my starting score the better - hence my comment about points dumping.
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Let me elaborate on my response above.

Due to the nature of the scoring system, points are much harder to win the higher your score.

If I start the month on 3000 pts and you on 1500, then if we just play against 1500 pt players, then you need to win half as many games as me in order to have the same net gain. Therefore is I was serious about gaining the monthly prize, then the lower my starting score the better - hence my comment about points dumping.

lets to in these way
regular scoreboard------------------------------------------Month Scoreboard
you----3000pt------------------------------------------------------0
me----1500pt------------------------------------------------------0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
end month--------------------------------------------
you 3250pt----------------------------------------------------------250
me 2000pt----------------------------------------------------------500
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you dump point,and if these all other doing same,these still not quaranty that you will be MVP of month. even oposite,if you dump points,then you will be in minus points,and will dificulty to achive to be mvp.
i think that i get more point if win against biger ranks.
Last edited by Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lancehoch on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:24 pm

@ Benji, yes, it is harder for people at the top of the scoreboard to gain points as quickly as people who are lower on the scoreboard. However, I believe that qwert is not concerned with this aspect of his suggestion.

@qwert, people are saying that someone might intentionally lose a lot of points at the end of month A, so that they have a better chance to gain a lot of points in month B.
As an aside to that, if this were to be implemented, and people were found to be intentionally point dumping, they would be busted and likely banned. That has been the punishment de jour for point dumping and it has seemed to lessen people's interest in tossing away their points for fun.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:30 pm

by lancehoch on Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:24 pm

@ Benji, yes, it is harder for people at the top of the scoreboard to gain points as quickly as people who are lower on the scoreboard. However, I believe that qwert is not concerned with this aspect of his suggestion.

@qwert, people are saying that someone might intentionally lose a lot of points at the end of month A, so that they have a better chance to gain a lot of points in month B.
As an aside to that, if this were to be implemented, and people were found to be intentionally point dumping, they would be busted and likely banned. That has been the punishment de jour for point dumping and it has seemed to lessen people's interest in tossing away their points for fun.

Yes,when i create these idea,i dont have these thing on mind that people will loose point to next mont gain point,i just thinking,that these MVP scoreboard will be interesting for people.
If i manage to get 3000 pt,hell i will be crazy to dump points. I can not imagine Fieldmarshal who dump 1500pt only because want to be MVP of Month.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:39 pm

qwert wrote:If i manage to get 3000 pt,hell i will be crazy to dump points. I can not imagine Fieldmarshal who dump 1500pt only because want to be MVP of Month.

Lots of people do crazy things around here!!

Anyway - even though points dumping is now punished severely - it can be done much more subtly than that.

for example - JR24's recent speed assassin games in order to get his medals, dropped him to about 1500 pts - I'm pretty sure that if there was a monthly score medal available then he would have stopped playing those kind of games on the last day of a month.
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Postby lancehoch on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:47 pm

BENJIKAT IS DEAD wrote:Anyway - even though points dumping is now punished severely - it can be done much more subtly than that.

for example - JR24's recent speed assassin games in order to get his medals, dropped him to about 1500 pts - I'm pretty sure that if there was a monthly score medal available then he would have stopped playing those kind of games on the last day of a month.
The point about JR is true, but he was still trying to win those games. Granted he knew he would lose a bunch, since it was an unfamiliar game style, but he was not trying to lose those games.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:52 pm

lancehoch wrote:
BENJIKAT IS DEAD wrote:Anyway - even though points dumping is now punished severely - it can be done much more subtly than that.

The point about JR is true, but he was still trying to win those games. Granted he knew he would lose a bunch, since it was an unfamiliar game style, but he was not trying to lose those games.

I wasn't at all suggesting that he was "points dumping" - but just highlighting a recent example of how it is quite easy to legitimately lose points.
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Postby lancehoch on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:56 pm

Oh, I thought you were saying that what JR did was point dumping, you were just talking about ways to lose a lot of points quickly.
Sergeant lancehoch

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:12 pm

OK,so you say benjikat that these idea for MVP of month is bad?
Well if is bad,is bad,these not first sugestion who is bad,right.
If these idea have any potential,then i will be very :D .
I just need better english description for these sugestion,to fill first post,for people who dont quit understand.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:20 pm

i look on sugestion to-do list,and these whas sugested,but its been very limited to only 6 first player on scoreboard,lack say that he like that,but maybe these idea will be even better. :?:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Draconian_Intel on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:30 pm

Another explanation that could go in the first post (as I understand it):
Code: Select all
[b]Concise description:[/b]
[list]
[*] An additional scoreboard: MVP of the Month[/list]

[b]Specifics:[/b]
[list]
[*] This will not replace the existing scoreboard, but be a new feature.
[*] At the beginning of the month, each persons monthly score is set to 0.
[*] Points are gained and lost in the same way as the existing scoreboard. The player with the most points gained during the month (highest monthly score) gets the MVP of the Month medal.
[*] At the end of the month, all monthly scores are set back to 0 and the process is restarted.
[*] Note: Negative points are possible for this scoreboard.[/list]

[b]This will improve the following aspects of the site:[/b]
[list]
[*] It will provide a new, fun challenge for CCer's.[/list]
Last edited by Draconian_Intel on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal Draconian_Intel

Postby Qwert on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:34 pm

Great Draconian,just ned to add,that process is start again in begining of next month and all point will be set to 0 again.can you add these on your description.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: Two Scoreboards-MVP of the Month

Postby Draconian_Intel on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:44 pm

Also, I checked the other suggestion that you noticed. It is almost the same as this one. The only difference is that the top 6 people on the MONTHLY scoreboard at the end of the month fight for the medal. Everyone has the chance to earn the medal.
Corporal Draconian_Intel

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions