Conquer Club

Varying Premium Limits

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Pay Per Month

Postby owenshooter on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Megadeth666 wrote:I just know a lot of players that can't afford 25 bucks right now, but want to join speed, and/or more games, sorry this suggestion will be shot down cause of lacks incompetence of handling micro transactions
Let him enjoy his vacations in exotic locations while Twill and others run his site...don't really care about the freemiuims wondering how it would be, as long as Lack is makin the big bucks pulling in 25 bucks, while we all are in hard times...COOL =D>

wow... you really know how to sway someones opinion... "nobody agrees with me in my thread, so now i'm going to insult the owner and admins!! that'll get me what i want!!" that is truly a very intellectual approach, and i can see no reason why it won't be successful... wow... this thread just took a turn...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Megadeth666 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Fuckin Eh!....Micro Transactions LOL, let the freemiums try for a month wtf?
Private 1st Class Megadeth666

Postby owenshooter on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Megadeth666 wrote:Fuckin Eh!....Micro Transactions LOL, let the freemiums try for a month wtf?

have you ever been to another site like this that gives non-members as many features as this site does? if you have, please direct me to it, because i doubt it exists. lack was even cool enough to give freemiums unlimited speed games on the halloween map for halloween!!! he has given freemiums a limitied number of speed games before to let them try them! lack does/allows freemiums to experience more of his site than any other site owner does. allowing people to purchase a monthly premium and create 100 games or even 25 games, that can last for upwards of 2 or more months, is not really business savy, now is it? i for one was truly shocked at the access and input i was allowed/given on this site, when i first joined, and eventually i joined. so, just out of curiousity, when does your premium membership end? is there a personal motive behind this desire for monthly access to the site?-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:43 pm

I say we need a longer option (18 months etc) for the long-term players :)
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby owenshooter on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:45 am

ManBungalow wrote:I say we need a longer option (18 months etc) for the long-term players :)

this i can get behind... reduced rate for an 18 month option... sweet...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Megadeth666 on Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:27 am

owenshooter wrote:
Megadeth666 wrote:Fuckin Eh!....Micro Transactions LOL, let the freemiums try for a month wtf?

have you ever been to another site like this that gives non-members as many features as this site does? if you have, please direct me to it, because i doubt it exists.

Yes there is, but I will not mention it publicly ,I am sure someone else may though :?

owenshooter wrote: so, just out of curiousity, when does your premium membership end?

I am good until October :D

owenshooter wrote: is there a personal motive behind this desire for monthly access to the site?-0

I have friends that want to try out the site, but can't afford 25 bucks at the moment :-$
Private 1st Class Megadeth666

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:01 am

maybe can give 5 free speed games for fremium?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Premium time, more options

Postby NutZ on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:45 pm

I know this has been posted already, it was rejected. But there were no explanations of why it was rejected.

I am asking for 1 month and 3 month premium trials.
right now 1 month is 2 dollars (if you buy a year)

The problem about 1 month trials is that at the end of it people would join a lot of games and could be playing for another 2 weeks for free, thats why I made a poll about how many games of CC you play at the same time. (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88326) of the 25 people who answered half of premiums were playing more than 25 at the same time.
so they could make a 25 games maximum at 2 Dollars for 1 month, or they could do a 5 dollar with no game limit.

so if you join a lot of games at the end of your 1 month premium trial and keep them for 2 weeks you would still be paying $3 per month, making 12 months premium more uhmm cheaper? (don't know the word in english)

and 3 month premium trials would cost $6.00 with a 25 games maximum and $8.50 with no limit.

It took some time to do this so if YOU "LACKATTACK" see it (yes lack I know youre reading this, so answer ;)) If you reject it I would like to know why, I think you could win a lot more money with this. I will make a poll so that you can see how much we want this.
Sergeant 1st Class NutZ

Re: Premium time, more options

Postby Rabid bunnies on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Hiya hun... instead of "cheaper" I think the word that might have escaped you is "affordable" but I could be wrong and in either case the same principle comes accross.

If I understand correctly, this falls in line (although to a slightly different approach) with the concept of a cheaper payment plan for less benifits than the complete premium package.

I doubt this system will ever work. If the premium package allowed members a set ammount of games more than freemium, you'd be onto something. You would have a base to start comparisons. If premium could play up to 50 games at a time and speed games and freemiums could only play 4 games and no speed games... You would have 2 extremes of the scale that you could negociate with.

You could say: Ok well I won't play 50 games at a time like another premium member will.... but I would like to play 20... so I'd like to pay half of what the premium member pays.

Alternative payment plans wouldn't work for a site like this because the premium benifit is limitless. You get speed games and "as many games as you want" for the 25$. On that basis... there is no 0-mark comparison or price point. There is free membership for 4 casual games at a time... or there is a 25$ fee for unlimited access to as many games as you'd like.

That's the flat rate, that's the admission fee... when you go to a movie, you pay the same as others in your age group that go see the same movie... you may get more or less out of it than them but to have access to the same movie, you pay the same price.

That being said, I think hwhrett was the one who made the best statement (at least in my mind) saying:

"If you go to buy a car... you won't pay less for the car just because you only want to drive it to church on Sundays."

For 25$ you play as much as you want, if you want 10 games... 12 games, 15 games... pay the 25$. If you want 50 games, 60 games, 70 games... pay the 25$. If you want to play 5 games... now things get interesting. You want to play 5 or 6 games... should you pay the 25$. The answer is still yes. You want more than a freemium account has. Because of this you must pay the fee to have access to more than the freemium account. Once you've paid your fee, you can play your 5 or 6 games... and as many more as you may decide to want later.

Jasmine
Lieutenant Rabid bunnies

Re: Premium time, more options

Postby 4myGod on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:11 am

I understand what you are saying. You want to pay by month rather than by year. Maybe you like it now but you don't know if you will like it 3 months from now. So you don't want to pay for a year if you will stop playing in 3 months.

The reason I would think it isn't going to work is because though it sounds reasonable, there is a fee for credit cards and paypal payments. So if it costs lets say $.50 for each payment to be processed then for 1 payment of $25 the site would be getting only $24.50. Which is only $.50 less. However, if you made 12 payments of about $2 a month, the site really would only get $1.50, which would be a total of $18-$19, because $2 per month isn't exact. So that is about $5-6 less than what they would make doing the per year.

The other reason they might not do it is because most people would probably pay per month rather than per year if they could, however a typical premium player may not play the full year, but he still pays for it in this case. However if he was paying by month then his payments would stop as soon as he was tired of the game. So they would lose money that way as well.

I don't know why they have chosen not to include it, but these are 2 possible reasons. There is also the reason you mentioned.

On a side note, a premium also might make users more loyal to the game and more interested, because they paid money for it, for a year. So they might want to keep playing just because they paid for it, and they also wouldn't join competition if competition popped up, just because they already paid for this.
Sergeant 1st Class 4myGod

Premium payment for different time periods

Postby Proximus Ventor on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:09 pm

Concise description:

* Options to buy premium for 3,6,12,24 months.

Specifics:

* Different options with prices matching the length of time you opt for.

This could encourage more members to upgrade. You could even have an option for a "pay to play tournament" where non premium players could pay a couple of bucks to play in a premium only tournament.

Personally i would have bought 24 months first up if i had the option but i could also see my friends upgradeing if there was a cheaper option.
Sergeant 1st Class Proximus Ventor

Location: secret underwater base playing with the global warming adjuster, and giggling. tehe

Re: Premium payment for different time periods

Postby demonfork on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Proximus Ventor wrote:Concise description:

* Options to buy premium for 3,6,12,24 months.

Specifics:

* Different options with prices matching the length of time you opt for.

This could encourage more members to upgrade. You could even have an option for a "pay to play tournament" where non premium players could pay a couple of bucks to play in a premium only tournament.

Personally i would have bought 24 months first up if i had the option but i could also see my friends upgradeing if there was a cheaper option.

Already been suggested like infinity times before.
Sergeant 1st Class demonfork

Postby Scharn on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:40 am

Shame really, I can't justify spending $25 right now (yes things are really that tight) so I have paid for a monthly sub on another Risk type site where I can pay monthly. Had I the choce, it would be CC getting that money not the other site as I infinately prefer CC. Oh well.

Should CC choose to take the monthy route it could be made so that the number of active games is restricted and price it so that it is actually slighty more expensive than the annual price so as to cover any extra transaction costs and to make the annual subscription a little more attractive.

Come on CC, take my money
Cook Scharn

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:06 am

Megadeth666 wrote:
BaldAdonis wrote:I think you missed the point. I'd get all the same benefits I have now, but for less money. AND lack has more administration to deal with (8-9 transactions a year instead of 1). It's bad from his perspective, but surely good for you or me.

Did not miss the point Bald, if a creditable person was thinking of joining...and didnt have 25 bucks, but was willing to put out 3 buck to try, I think you would get a lot more joining

There's no way that there are a substantial number of people who don't have 25 bucks for an entire year (but would spend that money if they did have it). If you know such people who claim that they can't afford $25 now but could afford, say, $5 per month, tell them they're being economically unwise and should just buy the full year. The argument that people want to pay for a month just to try things out is invalid because free memberships solve that problem - for free, people can experience qualitatively everything CC has to offer. Speed games are not a different type of content offered by CC, they're just more exciting. The point is, it's fairly obvious to a free player how a speed game should turn out, so people don't need to pay for a month to determine whether they'd like it or not.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Scharn on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:16 am

I'd spend $2.50 a month
Cook Scharn

Postby 40kguy on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 pm

it would cost more paying for month. so no more freemiums wouldn't try it out.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby Night Strike on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Scharn wrote:I'd spend $2.50 a month

And yet when lack has to pay credit card and PayPal fees, he looses a lot more money having many very small transactions.
Major Night Strike

Postby IcePack on Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:41 pm

The ones who can't afford $25 probably shouldn't be spending the cash on a damn membership to CC anyway. You can shovel a driveway, rake a few yards, that kinda $#!% and get $25 "extra" dollars if your so hard up for entertainment cash.

:roll:
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Scharn on Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 am

IcePack wrote:The ones who can't afford $25 probably shouldn't be spending the cash on a damn membership to CC anyway. You can shovel a driveway, rake a few yards, that kinda $#!% and get $25 "extra" dollars if your so hard up for entertainment cash.

Completely ignorant of my own issues aren't you.
I'm not quite wheelchair bound but not far off it. So yea, making money isn't easy for me. I can't get out much either so yea, I enjoy an online game to entertain me.
Hope you never have to experience what I have, and continue, to suffer.
Cook Scharn

Postby IcePack on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Scharn wrote:
IcePack wrote:The ones who can't afford $25 probably shouldn't be spending the cash on a damn membership to CC anyway. You can shovel a driveway, rake a few yards, that kinda $#!% and get $25 "extra" dollars if your so hard up for entertainment cash.

Completely ignorant of my own issues aren't you.
I'm not quite wheelchair bound but not far off it. So yea, making money isn't easy for me. I can't get out much either so yea, I enjoy an online game to entertain me.
Hope you never have to experience what I have, and continue, to suffer.

Again - tell me how you spending MORE / month over the course of the year instead of saving $25 is better for someone like yourself who is so cash strapped?

If things are so tight, why would you throw extra $ away on a monthly subscription? That's like paying lower interest on a car over longer term....your paying more and giving money away. Makes no sense.

Regardless of pain, suffering, or income. It gives lack more work, costs you more, and encourages abuse.

And I know all about situations like yours, you don't know my situation or my families either, do you? That's right...don't talk of ignorance and spout off shit like that. I know plenty of ppl in daily pain who still manage money well with limited means.

IcePack
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Scharn on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:10 pm

If you resort to that sort of language you've already lost the argument.
Cook Scharn

Postby IcePack on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Scharn wrote:If you resort to that sort of language you've already lost the argument.

:lol:
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby greenoaks on Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Scharn wrote:If you resort to that sort of language you've already lost the argument.

that's odd, i thought he'd won it

anyhow $25 for a whole years worth of entertainment is a bargain. that's 7 cents a day

you can't even feed a kid in africa for that
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby 40kguy on Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:17 am

greenoaks wrote:

that's odd, i thought he'd won it

anyhow $25 for a whole years worth of entertainment is a bargain. that's 7 cents a day

you can't even feed a kid in africa for that

yeah i know. its also just fun. you could also ask premiums if they think it is worth the money.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby IcePack on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Here's a solution for FREE premium.

Refer friends, who have money. Those friends buy premium. You get free month @ a time.

Not hard, free for you, problem solved.

Next :D
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions