Conquer Club

Varying Premium Limits

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Varying Premium Limits

Postby tussius on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:17 pm

Concise description:
  • You will able to get premium membership/conquer credits without paying for a whole year but for only a specific amount of time like (month, 3 months)

Specifics:
  • Have several more options for length of premium purchase. These could be something like:
    • 1 month
    • 3 months
    • 6 months
    • 24 months
  • Make shorter memberships proportionally more expensive to cover for fixed transaction costs.
  • If we are worried about people stacking up on games at the end of short memberships, then put in a change to automatically drop all waiting games when premium membership lapses.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • $25 can be a large amount for some players and they dont want to pay that much money or dont want to play for a whole year
  • This will be a lot better for new players who do want to play more than 4 games but dont want to pay $25 for a whole year.

I dont know if this has already been suggested but this is how I think it should be.
A lot of sites which have a paying function have a few options whihc you can choose from.
This allows you to try the game out.

Original Post wrote:Why not let people pay for example $6 for three months $11 for six months in addition to $20 for a year? It's not that $20 is that much, but for how long will I play this game? I'd like to have premium, though. May very well get it for $20, but would for sure do it for three months for $6.
Last edited by Metsfanmax on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Updated OP with more options
Corporal tussius

Postby Romber on Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:18 pm

But 20$ 1 time deal for 1 year. I know what your saying by only paying for a small time to get the feel of the game and see if you like it but paying 20$ for 12 months is like paying 1.66 a month. It is a very, very good deal.
I AM TEH RUST
Cadet Romber

Postby Marenki on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:59 am

I must agree, that different premium playing & paying options would be nice, and as tussius said:
It's not that $20 is that much, but for how long will I play this game?

Premium membership would be nice, but big question for me atleast is, that will I be intrested playing for this after 3 or 6 months, or will I get bored and quit whole game after a month. What comes about the income, I think that it would rise rather than drop, and after when you're totally addicted 24/7, you ofcourse buy the whole year :)
Cadet Marenki

Postby Darkfire001 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:22 pm

I think a trial option for some like $5 for a Month could work out well.
Lieutenant Darkfire001

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:31 pm

I agree with darkfire's post. But if Lack did implement a say $5 dollar trial period, it'd be nice if the user wanted to continue to play and buy the full year period if they could put forth that initial $5 dollars to the total amount of $20, so they don't feel like they are getting a little ripped off. Kind of like preordering something and putting so much of a deposit down.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby shearer on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:38 pm

but by saying "i only wish to buy a membership for a month because i dont know if this site is worthy of a years worth of attention, or, God forbid, a WHOLE $20!! you shouldnt save that extra 5 bucks for a month trial period.. shame on you for not taking the oppertunity to pay $20 for a year, and you copped out by doing $5 for a month, cough up another 20 and we'll talk :P thats what i would do if i were lack atleast.. the guy's gotta eat and get paid for his hard time..every extra dollar counts..
Sergeant 1st Class shearer

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:12 am

Just saying in seems more businessly sound to let a possible short trial go toward the full purchase. And to some people, $20 can be a lot.

--Andy

Postby Blitzkreig on Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:34 pm

Now I'm not saying that the site isn't well put together or that it isn't hard and expensive to maintain but $20 for an online game site that is still kinda in development and, although it's cool, I don't think it's worth the $20. Please don't jump the gun and get all up on me about how Lack is great and all that just think. $20 can go a long way in much other respects and if you think about it economically I think Lack would make much more money if he lowered the price. 20 people at $20 or 500 people at $10?
The art of concentrating strength at one point, forcing a breakthrough, rolling up and securing the flanks on either side, and then penetrating like lightning deep into his rear, before the enemy has time to react.
- Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
Cook Blitzkreig

Postby Kurosawa on Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:03 pm

If you don't want to spend the money then don't. It's as simple as that.
I support a different online game and it's 5$ a month but well worth it becuase I'm addicted to it. If I get addicted to this game then I'll support it too.
Although Premium Membership here seems kinda bland. But if it is only 1.66 a month and still in construction, then I guess more options will be added later making the 20$ a year seem like a better choice for addicted players.
Private Kurosawa

Postby ericisshort on Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:36 am

Its not nearly as expensive as my heroine habit but almost just as addictive.
Captain ericisshort

More Premium Membership options.

Postby edwardo2007 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:06 pm

You should add more premium membership options than the $20 for a year. I know a lot more players would be willing to contribute $5 for a couple months. Plus, after we get used to the premium membership, its likely we'll want to continue it.
Sergeant 1st Class edwardo2007

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:23 pm

Right now, 20 USD is the best option for what we have set up, and it most likely won't change to add more options, at least in the near future.

--Andy

Premium, More Options, please!!!

Postby anormal on Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:32 pm

I think that should be more options of becoming a Premium Member...

$20 for one year is too much money to spend!

why not $11 for 6 months and $6 for 3 months, for example? or something like that?

because I see my friends creating 2nd acounts in order to play more than 4 games... and I cannot blame them... (they arent cheaters, because they dont play with the diferent acounts in the same game)
but for the good of the game... I think more options would be welcome and more ways of payments if possible...

greetings, anormal
Corporal anormal

Postby alex_white101 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:34 pm

wow i think i can say *BUSTED* to your friends. altho i dont think its a bad idea to have shorter time period options for membership and i dont imagine (tho i really have no idea) that it would be that difficult to sort out compared to all the other stuff u manage to programme in around here.......
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Re: Premium, More Options, please!!!

Postby hwhrhett on Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:37 pm

anormal wrote:I think that should be more options of becoming a Premium Member...

why not $11 for 6 months and $6 for 3 months, for example? or something like that?

because I see my friends creating 2nd acounts in order to play more than 4 games... and I cannot blame them... (they arent cheaters, because they dont play with the diferent acounts in the same game)
but for the good of the game... I think more options would be welcome and more ways of payments if possible...

greetings, anormal

it is cheating to have more than one acount regarless of how you use it, it is not allowed.

p.s. shut up cheap ass 20 dollars is not alot of money.
Cook hwhrhett

Postby john1099 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:29 pm

I want to play your friends, what are their names ;)
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby robbart on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:18 pm

anormal wrote:I think that should be more options of becoming a Premium Member...

greetings, anormal

$20 is a lot of money? Since when? I think I would almost be willing to spend twice that on CC. It's worth every penny.

Lack rocks.

BTW Just to play more than the FREE 4 games IS CHEATING.

If you kids can't ask your mommies for the $20 to play CC, get a summer job. Sheesh.
Sergeant 1st Class robbart

Postby robbart on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:21 pm

greetings, anormal

ARGH! That makes me mad, "waaah $20 is too much money to spend" waaaah waaah I want it for free wah wah wah...

Sorry, it's irritating. How many Nintendo Wii games do you have? Or XBOX? Or PS2? Get with it. Good things like CC are worth paying for. Lack isn't doing this for free. The premium membership helps pay for CC's hosting fees, and his time supporting this site. Again, it's worth every penny.

Again, LACK YOU ROCK.
:D
Sergeant 1st Class robbart

Postby Phobia on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:40 pm

considering you get unlimited games for one whole year, $20 dollars is a steal. some websites will give you half these features for double the money *cough*grand*cough*strategy*cough*

Edit: It has already been rejected anyway - http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby masondixon on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:51 pm

I think the problem may not be the $20 but the lack of value for the $20. The biggest problem I have with this site - and I AM a premium member - is the lack of features for my money. Unlimited games is not that big a deal. Features like the ability to set minimum point values or to join special "premium only" Battle Royales would make it more attractive to get people to upgrade.

My $.02
Sergeant masondixon

Premium Membership: sell shorter time-blocks (please?)

Postby james9487 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:33 pm

I did the search and didn't see quite what I was looking for, so forgive me if this has been discussed before.

I wanted to ask/suggest that the site offer smaller increments of time to subscribe. I know I can be a cheapo but I have subscribed to a chess website (Gameknot) and let that lapse because it was $60 a year (for the package that let you be a team captain which I was) and I lost interest, I am currently subscribing to Tribal Wars ($27.20 for 10 months per world and I am paying for 2 worlds) and I don't want to spend $20 right away for a site I just found. I usually go through phases and don't stay interested in any one thing for too long so the $20 for a year keeps me from paying. If we could do $5 for 3 months or at least $10 for half a year, that would be better and I bet the site would get MANY more subscribers since I know I'm not the only one that doesn't want to commit to a whole year (I've only been around for 19 so a year seems like a long time). Actually, many sites do this; the site could sell 3 months for $7 or 6 months for $12. That way, the hesitant ones are more likely to pay and if they like it and keep subscribing in small increments, the site makes more money in the long run (either $28 or $24 a year depending on how fearful of committment they are).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the gameknot rates:

Silver ----> $6.99 / month (can play 30 games at a time, can play in 4 mini-tournaments)

Gold ----> $39.95 / year (can play 50 games at a time, can play in 8 mini-tournaments)

Platinum ---->$59.50 / year (can play 100 games at a time, can play in 12 mini-tournaments, can be team captain)

Titanium ----> $99.50 / year (can play 200 games at a time, can play in 16 mini-tournaments, can be team captain)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tribal Wars is:

3 Premium points - 14 days - 2.99 USD

5 Premium points - 1 month - 3.60 USD

10 Premium points - 2 months - 6.70 USD

20 Premium points - 4 months - 12.80 USD

50 Premium points - 10 months - 27.20 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sergeant 1st Class james9487

Postby nyg5680 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:37 pm

nope nope nope because premium players PAY to hav UNLIMITED games not to pay 100 dollars for a year and a limited amount of games why would they do tht when they could hav it for 20 dollars for unlimited for a year plenty of people buy premium now so why would lack change it????
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Postby james9487 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Hold on, that wasn't my argument. That is just what Gameknot does for chess games, I only used the two examples to show how different price options are offered to members.

Postby nyg5680 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:45 pm

im sorrry your right i just ddint feel like reading it the first time but no tht i read it all i hafta say is i didnt have to pay for mine i won it well got it for free i guesss u could say but i had got tired of the site for maybe a 3 maybe 4 month period but thn i came back and im playing again and it feels nice tht u can come back and still have premium i had gotten it on august first and i played for 5 months and played atleast 560 games than i got bored cause i found tribal wars but than i am still playing tribal wars and came back to this so it is well worth it believe me
Sergeant 1st Class nyg5680

Postby james9487 on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:49 pm

Ah, sweet, a fellow tribal wars player. I looked you up, I never really played world 3 though.

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions