Moderator: Community Team

Re: Ability to see teammates cards/spoils [Pending]

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 pm

FWYI,
I think this is a great idea.
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Re: Team Cards Visable

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:22 am

Dako wrote:Actually, I agree with C here. It will ease the game. It will not change the things much - better players are still better. This will just bring everyone on a slightly more equal level. And definitely, it will be more easier to play team games.

So I like this idea.

Don't you think the field is already leveled off enough? Mine as well throw 6 dice and see who wins. Really the top of the field is so even that very little difference is there. No need to make it even tighter.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Dako wrote:Actually, I agree with C here. It will ease the game. It will not change the things much - better players are still better. This will just bring everyone on a slightly more equal level. And definitely, it will be more easier to play team games.

So I like this idea.

Don't you think the field is already leveled off enough? Mine as well throw 6 dice and see who wins. Really the top of the field is so even that very little difference is there. No need to make it even tighter.

Get a grip and try to make a reasonable suggestion about how this might negatively affect the game.

C>
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:22 pm

yeti_c wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

So I like this idea.

Get a grip and try to make a reasonable suggestion about how this might negatively affect the game.

C>

You must not play too many team games. Team games is about communication. If you cannot do that then you should not have any advantages of a team who talks things over. Really team games are about team work! Unless team games means never talk... and get it all given to you?

Postby rockfist on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Put me down as against this idea. I talk to my teammates when I need to and don't play with people who don't/can't/won't.
Major rockfist

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:21 am

Bruceswar wrote:
You must not play too many team games. Team games is about communication. If you cannot do that then you should not have any advantages of a team who talks things over. Really team games are about team work! Unless team games means never talk... and get it all given to you?

Quite the opposite - however, unlike you, I don't make my teams - I join games where I don't know the team members - this means you don't know how good they are at team chat... and because people, unlike you, who don't know their partners get a disadvantage already - then this is only perfectly reasonable to do.

rockfist wrote:Put me down as against this idea. I talk to my teammates when I need to and don't play with people who don't/can't/won't.

Once again - someone who only plays with selected team mates weighing into a conversation about team mates who aren't always the same.

:roll: :roll:

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:52 am

yeti_c wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:

Quite the opposite - however, unlike you, I don't make my teams - I join games where I don't know the team members - this means you don't know how good they are at team chat... and because people, unlike you, who don't know their partners get a disadvantage already - then this is only perfectly reasonable to do.

rockfist wrote:Put me down as against this idea. I talk to my teammates when I need to and don't play with people who don't/can't/won't.

Once again - someone who only plays with selected team mates weighing into a conversation about team mates who aren't always the same.

:roll: :roll:

C.

In any game a team who has played together before or many times will have an edge up on the other team who has never played together or playing for the first time. It is just the way it works. A known team will be calling out signals in a game (Sports wise) and or other things. As it relates to CC, the cards would be like knowing a full set of signals on your first game. The only way you will win the game is if you talk it over. (Unless you get lucky and the other team is just that bad) If you are really worried about what cards your partner has .. ASK THEM! There are just about a million ways to ask.. Wall Post, PM's, game chat, etc. If they cannot respond to one of those 3 things, then you should not know. If you are worried about your score, winning the game and knowing things like that, then random partners may not best suit you.

I play with random partners. I give everybody a shot to play with me. If they do not do well, then likely I will not play with them again. You can choose your partners, always and thus I do not see this as a good reason to know info like this. It is a TEAM GAME! Team means working together as one.

Postby elfish_lad on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:31 am

Interesting discussion. I'm fairly new to the arena of team games. But I'm slowly getting the hang of it.... I think. And I'm working on medals in dubs, trips and quads (gold, silver, silver respectively).

Even though I agree that communication is key, I think there are some variables that no one has spoken of yet where this idea would make good sense:

- team speed games: if you are playing another fast team (or other fast teams depending on settings) this suggestion would definitely help because time is of the essence and instead of having to decode short hand you can spend the time talking about coordination;

- account sitters: I am becoming more selective with my partners (sounds healthy in a sexual way doesn't it?) but I still like teaming up with players I don't know and either way there are times with RL intervenes and Squiggy is suddenly account sitting for Jeepers. Cool. Give me one less thing to have to chat about say I.

For the pros? Not sure any crutch will help me beat them until my game improves... at least 3 out of 5 anyway.

Cheers.
Major elfish_lad

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:52 am

Bruceswar wrote:In any game a team who has played together before or many times will have an edge up on the other team who has never played together or playing for the first time. It is just the way it works. A known team will be calling out signals in a game (Sports wise) and or other things. As it relates to CC, the cards would be like knowing a full set of signals on your first game. The only way you will win the game is if you talk it over. (Unless you get lucky and the other team is just that bad) If you are really worried about what cards your partner has .. ASK THEM! There are just about a million ways to ask.. Wall Post, PM's, game chat, etc. If they cannot respond to one of those 3 things, then you should not know. If you are worried about your score, winning the game and knowing things like that, then random partners may not best suit you.

I play with random partners. I give everybody a shot to play with me. If they do not do well, then likely I will not play with them again. You can choose your partners, always and thus I do not see this as a good reason to know info like this. It is a TEAM GAME! Team means working together as one.

Bizarrely - you've managed to argue for the inclusion of this feature - nice work.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:04 am

yeti_c wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:In any game a team who has played together before or many times will have an edge up on the other team who has never played together or playing for the first time. It is just the way it works. A known team will be calling out signals in a game (Sports wise) and or other things. As it relates to CC, the cards would be like knowing a full set of signals on your first game. The only way you will win the game is if you talk it over. (Unless you get lucky and the other team is just that bad) If you are really worried about what cards your partner has .. ASK THEM! There are just about a million ways to ask.. Wall Post, PM's, game chat, etc. If they cannot respond to one of those 3 things, then you should not know. If you are worried about your score, winning the game and knowing things like that, then random partners may not best suit you.

Bizarrely - you've managed to argue for the inclusion of this feature - nice work.

C.

in Soccer or Futbol, you do not see them giving out crutches to any team? Those who communicate better generally win more.

I am in no way supporting this. People can stop being lazy or bad teammates and take the time to ask and or post your cards.

BTW if you are soo worried about weather or not your teammates will post their cards or not, then find people you know will and stick with them. If you like joining with randoms, then you get just that. Totally random play, from good to bad to talkative to not saying a single word.

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:58 am

Bruceswar wrote:I am in no way supporting this.

I know you don't - you want to get your precious Majority back by gaming random/new teams - it's just odd that your previous argument pointed out the flaws in your more previous arguments...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: Re:

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
AK_iceman wrote:I don't like it. Team games are all about communication, if you want to know what cards your partner has, then just ask them.

But, in a very good chance, another partner doesn't even look at the chat. If they do end up losing because of this reason, it's not fair to person that wants to communicate but the other partner won't reply in the chat.

You could also play a game with a player who isn't allowed to chat....this players exist, right?

A very valid point her QH

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: Seeing your teamates cards

Postby ask me2 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:08 am

I think that's a great idea.
Captain ask me2

Re: Seeing your teamates cards

Postby ljex on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:39 am

Part of why there are the new stats is to lower the advantage of the good players who either look up the information in the log or those who have bob so i dont see the fact that it would make it easier for newer/lower ranked players as an reason for it not to be implemented.
Captain ljex

Let teammates see your cards

Postby PsyDev on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Concise description:
In team games, players should be able to team mates' cards.
[*]xxxxxxx[/list]

Specifics/Details:
It is very important to be able to predict what will happen in the coming turns. If you know what cards your opponent has and of what type, you can estimate if he will be able to successfully counter-attack or start a new attack against an opponent in a coming turn. This will affect your decisions for the immediate turn, like whether you should deploy or fortify on your team mate, and what if any attacks you should engage in that turn.
Currently you must ask your teammate what cards they have. It will take a turn for them to reply, (if they reply at all). By then, you will have already made your decisions for this turn.
This should happen when you mouseover your teammate's name, to avoid excess clutter on the info page.
[*]xxxxxxx[/list]

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Make the game more fun and make cooperation easier between teammates who do not know each other/are not in communication outside of the site.
[*]xxxxxxx[/list]
Major PsyDev

Re: Let teammates see your cards

Postby jigger1986 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:37 pm

This already exists.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby shocked439 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:53 pm

PsyDev wrote:Concise description:
In team games, players should be able to team mates' cards.
[*]xxxxxxx[/list]

Specifics/Details:
It is very important to be able to predict what will happen in the coming turns. If you know what cards your opponent has and of what type, you can estimate if he will be able to successfully counter-attack or start a new attack against an opponent in a coming turn. This will affect your decisions for the immediate turn, like whether you should deploy or fortify on your team mate, and what if any attacks you should engage in that turn.
Currently you must ask your teammate what cards they have. It will take a turn for them to reply, (if they reply at all). By then, you will have already made your decisions for this turn.
This should happen when you mouseover your teammate's name, to avoid excess clutter on the info page.
[*]xxxxxxx[/list]

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Make the game more fun and make cooperation easier between teammates who do not know each other/are not in communication outside of the site.
[*]xxxxxxx[/list]

you're joking right?

Click that link under the map next to your teammates that says show teammate spoils :-$
Sergeant shocked439

Postby theherkman on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Wow...
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:57 am

Moved
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby PsyDev on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:04 pm

oops! Sorry, been not playing this game for a while. Didn't notice new feature.
Major PsyDev

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions