61%
No keep it the way it is
11%
No there should be no limit to speed games
28%

Total votes : 18

10 speed game limit, the way it should be *Done*

Postby ljex on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Concise description: Currently you cant be in more than 10 speed games waiting players for many reasons all of which i agree with. However what i purpose is a way for people to have more than 10 speed games waiting players without being able to get more than 10 active.

Specifics/Details: You can have up to 50 speed games waiting players (provided you have no casual games waiting players) however if you get more than 10 (I would like to see it be less than 10) active you get dropped from all your speed games waiting players. So as long as you never get more than 10 active speed games you can keep all your games awaiting players. This way people who want to be in a wide variety of speed games can but will never have too many speed games active having the same effect as the current speed game limit without causing as much of problem to the community. Furthermore if you have more than 10 active you cant join or create new speed games.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
Allow users to have many speed games waiting players without ever having too many active.
Last edited by ljex on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Captain ljex

Re: 10 speed game limit, the way it should be

Postby obliterationX on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Good idea, ijex.
Colonel obliterationX

Postby Caymanmew on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:43 pm

still does not help if i want 20 active i should be able to i payed for unlimited that what i should be getting
Colonel Caymanmew
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:18 pm

caymanmew, then why don't you complain about the 50 game pending limit for casual? Because it's still hindering you "unlimitedness". And what makes 50 speed pending better than 10? Why not create an unlimited amount of speed pending? Just showing the radical end of "unlimited".
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby obliterationX on Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:37 pm

caymanmew wrote:still does not help if i want 20 active i should be able to i payed for unlimited that what i should be getting

Stop being pendantic, seriously! lol
Colonel obliterationX

Postby danfrank on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Unlimited

being the main word that baits people to purchase premium membership . Anything else would constitute fraud . A very serious charge since there is currency involved . So being PEDANTIC does not apply here. :roll:
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:13 pm

danfrank wrote:Unlimited

being the main word that baits people to purchase premium membership . Anything else would constitute fraud . A very serious charge since there is currency involved . So being PEDANTIC does not apply here. :roll:

That hasn't changed...you still have unlimited games, which is precisely what has been stated that you have.

So stop the derailment here, and get back to the subject.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Commander62890 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:58 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:why don't you complain about the 50 game pending limit for casual? Because it's still hindering you "unlimitedness"

Please stop posting this everywhere. Obviously, very few people are affected by the 50 casual game limit, which is why no one (except AoN) complains about it. No one cares, because it doesn't really affect anyone's enjoyment in a big way. The speed game limit, however, affects a large amount of people in a big way... which is why there are so many people arguing so fervently against it. Understand? :)

This isn't about principle... people aren't arguing for unlimited games just so that they have the "option" to play them; no, they are truly being hindered by it. This is why they care so much about the speed game rule and not about the casual game rule.
Major Commander62890

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:21 am

ljex wrote:Concise description: Currently you cant be in more than 10 speed games waiting players for many reasons all of which i agree with. However what i purpose is a way for people to have more than 10 speed games waiting players without being able to get more than 10 active.

Specifics/Details: You can have up to 50 speed games waiting players (provided you have no casual games waiting players) however if you get more than 10 (I would like to see it be less than 10) active all your speed games waiting players are dropped. So as long as you never get more than 10 active speed games you can keep all your games awaiting players. This way people who want to be in a wide variety of speed games can but will never have too many speed games active having the same effect as the current speed game limit without causing as much of problem to the community. Furthermore if you have more than 10 active you cant join or create new speed games.

Allow users to have many speed games waiting players without ever having too many active.

Good idea. However, it would by necessity have to include some sort of function for the others who may already be in one of the inactive games as well.

For instance, let's say there is a 4-player speed game and myself, yourself and lackattack were all in it, waiting for the fourth. But then lackattack hit his 11th active game. Our 4-player speed game should not be "dropped" (as in eliminated), rather only lackattack's presence in that game should be removed, so that then you and I are waiting for two more in that speed game. Does that make sense?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby danfrank on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:20 am

Woodruff wrote:
ljex wrote:Concise description: Currently you cant be in more than 10 speed games waiting players for many reasons all of which i agree with. However what i purpose is a way for people to have more than 10 speed games waiting players without being able to get more than 10 active.

Specifics/Details: You can have up to 50 speed games waiting players (provided you have no casual games waiting players) however if you get more than 10 (I would like to see it be less than 10) active all your speed games waiting players are dropped. So as long as you never get more than 10 active speed games you can keep all your games awaiting players. This way people who want to be in a wide variety of speed games can but will never have too many speed games active having the same effect as the current speed game limit without causing as much of problem to the community. Furthermore if you have more than 10 active you cant join or create new speed games.

Good idea. However, it would by necessity have to include some sort of function for the others who may already be in one of the inactive games as well.

For instance, let's say there is a 4-player speed game and myself, yourself and lackattack were all in it, waiting for the fourth. But then lackattack hit his 11th active game. Our 4-player speed game should not be "dropped" (as in eliminated), rather only lackattack's presence in that game should be removed, so that then you and I are waiting for two more in that speed game. Does that make sense?

Well that makes perfect sense....

But as the first paragraph states above ..FOR MANY REASONS ALL OF WHICH I AGREE WITH.. what are the reasons ? The only relevant reason that should concern anyone in the community is missed turns.

But I Disagree .. Setting a limit just by your example to ten active games. means that a person should dedicate 30 seconds to each turn they take . Thats if all the mitigating factors , such as, players in game , how fast the other players are playing and other things. So ten active speed games can also mean that a person take ten turns in 50 minutes or more . So i disagree. Now your trying to set rules on how a person you should his game.. So UNLIMITED MEANS WHAT IT SAYS . PROGRESSIVISM should not be entwined with a computer video game...
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby ljex on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Woodruff wrote:

This is how i intended it to be, i will reword to make that more clear.
Captain ljex

Postby ljex on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:37 pm

danfrank wrote:Well that makes perfect sense....

But as the first paragraph states above ..FOR MANY REASONS ALL OF WHICH I AGREE WITH.. what are the reasons ? The only relevant reason that should concern anyone in the community is missed turns.

But I Disagree .. Setting a limit just by your example to ten active games. means that a person should dedicate 30 seconds to each turn they take . Thats if all the mitigating factors , such as, players in game , how fast the other players are playing and other things. So ten active speed games can also mean that a person take ten turns in 50 minutes or more . So i disagree. Now your trying to set rules on how a person you should his game.. So UNLIMITED MEANS WHAT IT SAYS . PROGRESSIVISM should not be entwined with a computer video game...

Please there are many benefits of there being a limit on active speed games. I for one hate when players take forever to take their turn in sequential speed games. You point out that you could be waiting 50 min to take 10 turns...well this is something that i would like to never see happen as speed games are meant to be fast. Furthermore the only way you can get to 10 active speed games and not have any difficulty taking your turns while still making the best moves is 3+ player sequential and gl getting 10 of those to fill before 1 ends. I see no need to have more than 5 active speed games as it takes away from the fun of others playing the game or at least it takes away from mine if someone has 5+ speed games. I do however see the need for people to have many games waiting players for various reasons and thus i created this suggestion.

Lastly with the UNLIMITED MEANS WHAT IT SAYS is just an invalid argument, Clearly the unlimited games and speed games are separate. This means that the unlimited games does not include speed games. If it said unlimited games including thrilling speed games you would have a valid argument but until then i dont think CC has violated the terms of service.
Captain ljex

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:33 pm

danfrank wrote:So UNLIMITED MEANS WHAT IT SAYS . PROGRESSIVISM should not be entwined with a computer video game...

"Unlimited games" means exactly that..."unlimited games" It does not mean "unlimited speed games" nor does it necessarily mean "unlimited games of any specific type". It is a very generic term and seems to be intended that way.

All birds are not sparrows, nor are all games speed games.

And "progressivism"? What the hell is that supposed to mean in regards to this?

Postby Mageplunka on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:39 pm

ok if we have to live with 10 game limit, and everyone is bitching about always waiting, then i say we make the speed games......................[b]3[/b ]minutes instead of 5
Major Mageplunka

Postby jammyjames on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:58 pm

mage a suggestion has been submitted and gone through for shorter round speed games.
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby Pedronicus on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:16 pm

caymanmew wrote:still does not help if i want 20 active i should be able to i payed for unlimited that what i should be getting

caymanmew speed stats
Points -451 win rate 486 from 1979(25%)

If you played less games - you might get a better win rate. Quality over quantity. I mean - If you can't win more than 25% of your speed games and your point haul is in the minus figures to the hundreds, I can't even imagine how many games you screw up for other players.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby tdans on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Pedronicus wrote:

caymanmew speed stats

If you played less games - you might get a better win rate. Quality over quantity. I mean - If you can't win more than 25% of your speed games and your point haul is in the minus figures to the hundreds, I can't even imagine how many games you screw up for other players.

ohhh wonder if im like that :D
Lieutenant tdans

Postby phantomzero on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:15 pm

tdans wrote:
Pedronicus wrote:

caymanmew speed stats

ohhh wonder if im like that :D

Points +1972 1566 from 3192 (49%)

Nope. You're WAY better then caymanmew
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby ljex on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Pedronicus wrote:

caymanmew speed stats

The -451 points is a good argument however the win % means nothing as he could be playing games with 4+ people where 25% wins would be expected or good.
Captain ljex

Return to Archived Suggestions