Conquer Club

[Official] Mafia Games Handbook

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[Official] Mafia Games Handbook

Postby clapper011 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:43 am

-- Mafia Games --
Since the Discussions Team was nice enough to give you Mafia Scum your own forum, let's set some rules and procedures. ;)

Mafia Mods
      • Due to the nature, size, and time of a Mafia game, each mod will only be able to mod one game at a time under normal circumstances. This is to ensure that all mods, new and old, can devote the time and attention required to successfully host a Mafia Game. However this does not apply to rt mafia games.
      • To Mod a Mafia game, you have to be responsible enough to ensure that you'll be able to responsibly conduct it. In an effort to reduce the hosting of games by people who are unfamiliar to the way Mafia works, you must have played in at least two completed mafia games to mod your own game.
      • When starting a game, please leave tags in the title, such as [taking players], [ongoing], or [finished]. You don't have to follow this precise tags, but something like this will make finding which games need to be moved to the Archives a lot easier and more efficient!
    The System
      The Mafia Forum is gaining a Discussions Forum, a Forum for Active Mafia Games, and a Forum for Archives. Let's give a brief description of all of them, as to make sure things are orderly:
      • Discussions: From "how to do this", to "should I do this?", to "I think this", the Discussions forum will be for all threads concerning the Mafia system that isn't a game. Games should not be started in this forum. Ideas for games, however, may.
      • Active Games: Active Games will be in the first level of the Main Mafia Forum. Only threads for currently running games (unless otherwise stated) are to be started in this forum.
      • Archives: No new threads may be started in this subforum. Threads are only moved from active games into this forum once the games are completed, as to make sure that the main forum for games keeps clean!

Official Mafia Games
      Every now and then, TeamCC will choose someone to host a mafia game. These games will carry an official tone, and will grant someone a general achievement medal and premium membership! More details will vary with each game, but be on the lookout for these officially hosted games to get some prizes ;)
      • When Are They: Official TeamCC sponsored Mafia Games will be one per couple months, and there will be a notice to when the next one will start! Just keep your eyes open, and you'll see them come about in time!
      • Want to Host One?: Prior to the game, a Callout for a Host will appear in the Discussions Forum of Mafia. You may then PM the current event organizer with details of your game, and he or she will choose a handful of participants with the most balanced games to be voted on. The winner will get to host an official mafia game, which entitles them to a General Contribution Medal as well for their efforts!!

If you're new here, here are some links to places to help you get started:

With these new rules and the new forum in place, things should seem a lot more organized! If you have any questions, feel free to post in this thread, or send a PM to Fircoal! Good luck, Mafia scum ;)

Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Re: [Official] Mafia Games Handbook

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Cool! These terms look good! Is it acceptable to not have an [ongoing] tag and simply allow people to infer this by words like "Day 1" in the title? I like to add mini blurbs with regards to recent events in the game, and I often find I can't fit what I want to as it is.

-Sully
    Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:50 pm

*cough* viewtopic.php?f=609&t=142120&view=unread#unread *cough*

Also, there are a bunch of dead games in the main forum that can be thrown into the archives.
    mrswdk is a ho
    Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby strike wolf on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:20 pm

Assuming the game isn't abandoned or forgotten about it could be helpful to have a tag stating that the game is over at the end of the title. On going takes up space that the threads some times don't have space for.
    Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
    Cadet strike wolf

Postby Fircoal on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:02 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Cool! These terms look good! Is it acceptable to not have an [ongoing] tag and simply allow people to infer this by words like "Day 1" in the title? I like to add mini blurbs with regards to recent events in the game, and I often find I can't fit what I want to as it is.

-Sully

That works too. Just something so we know it's still going.
    Vote: Mandy
    Eddie35: hi everyone
    Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
    Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
    Captain Fircoal

Postby Fircoal on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Army of GOD wrote:*cough* viewtopic.php?f=609&t=142120&view=unread#unread *cough*

Also, there are a bunch of dead games in the main forum that can be thrown into the archives.

Yes I'm aware. I have a good list of a bunch of games from long ago, that I can just check to see if they've been moved or not and move them if they haven't.
    Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
    Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
    Captain Fircoal

Postby Commander9 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Looks good - all of them are reasonable and more than doable. Thanks guys :)
    But... It was so artistically done.
    Lieutenant Commander9

Postby pancakemix on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Prior to the game, a Callout for a Host will appear in the Discussions Forum of Mafia. You may then PM the current event organizer with details of your game, and he or she will choose a handful of participants with the most balanced games to be voted on.

How exactly are these being voted on? By theme after balance is determined?
    Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
    Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:15 am

Fircoal wrote:
    Victor Sullivan wrote:Cool! These terms look good! Is it acceptable to not have an [ongoing] tag and simply allow people to infer this by words like "Day 1" in the title? I like to add mini blurbs with regards to recent events in the game, and I often find I can't fit what I want to as it is.

-Sully

That works too. Just something so we know it's still going.

This. It was just an example of something you could put there. As long as it let's people know the current state, as Fircoal mentioned, you're fine :)

pancakemix wrote:
    Prior to the game, a Callout for a Host will appear in the Discussions Forum of Mafia. You may then PM the current event organizer with details of your game, and he or she will choose a handful of participants with the most balanced games to be voted on.

How exactly are these being voted on? By theme after balance is determined?

The whole process goes like this:
    A TeamCC Mafia Mod posts a requests for some games to be submitted via PM. He/she picks the most balanced games from the batch, and puts them up for a public poll in the forum. The winner will then get to host their very own TeamCC sponsored Mafia Game!

-rd
    Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby pancakemix on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:48 am

And the setup is not divulged in any way? Because otherwise I'm not to keen on that. The secrecy is the fun of modding.
    Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
    Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 am

agreed on that. As I understand it the roles are not divulged and you are basically picking based on theme and/or by mod.
    Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
    Cadet strike wolf

Postby Fircoal on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:28 am

pancakemix wrote:And the setup is not divulged in any way? Because otherwise I'm not to keen on that. The secrecy is the fun of modding.

Only the CC member checking for balance will know the setup. No one else will.
    Captain Fircoal

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Is it illegal to bump threads? :P
    Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Is it illegal to bump threads? :P

Standard necrobumping rules apply.

-rd

Postby nagerous on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:45 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:Is it illegal to bump threads? :P

If it is a previous discussion that you want to reignite then there would be no harm..
    Captain nagerous

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Please note that the active game limit no longer applies to RT mafias --

-rd

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:52 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Please note that the active game limit no longer applies to RT mafias --

-rd

Bomb-diggity! Thanks for the clarification/revision, rd.
    Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby / on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:43 pm

We've been seeing a few more co-modded games lately, how do those count? Limit one, or limit two since you are modding half a game? Also can one of the two be a newbie without two finished games?
    Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Fircoal on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:44 pm

/ wrote:We've been seeing a few more co-modded games lately, how do those count? Limit one, or limit two since you are modding half a game? Also can one of the two be a newbie without two finished games?

It's interesting. I've been thinking about it, and I think it probably would have to do with the amount of power one has in the co-modding. I mean a true joint venture would be harder to target and such close to that would probably need to be brought up to opinion. However true co-modding in cases where the job is just to do vote counts and check to make sure that everything is doing alright (like checking the night actions to make sure the host didn't screw up) I don't see the problem with letting them take on as many as wanted. I guess it just depends on what details are needed in the job.
    Captain Fircoal

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:09 pm

Hey, what happened to all of what was in wicked's thread?

-Sully
    Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby blakebowling on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:36 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Hey, what happened to all of what was in wicked's thread?

-Sully

The queued posts were cleared for games that have already been played. It turns out that's all that were in there.
    Private blakebowling

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:33 pm

blakebowling wrote:

-Sully

The queued posts were cleared for games that have already been played. It turns out that's all that were in there.

So everything was deleted??

-Sully
    Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby blakebowling on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
    blakebowling wrote:

-Sully

-Sully

Yes, but most of the posts in that thread were months old. I apologize if I deleted anything that shouldn't have been.

Also, the games themselves are still there, I just wanted the announcements to be easier to read/peruse.
    Private blakebowling

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:53 pm

blakebowling wrote:
    Victor Sullivan wrote:
    blakebowling wrote:

-Sully

-Sully

Yes, but most of the posts in that thread were months old. I apologize if I deleted anything that shouldn't have been.

Also, the games themselves are still there, I just wanted the announcements to be easier to read/peruse.

But that's history, blake! And a bunch of post counts that got docked a few, perhaps tens. And wicked had some nice links in her first post.

-Sully
    Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby blakebowling on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
    blakebowling wrote:
    Victor Sullivan wrote:
    blakebowling wrote:

-Sully

-Sully

But that's history, blake! And a bunch of post counts that got docked a few, perhaps tens. And wicked had some nice links in her first post.

-Sully

Posts in this forum don't count on your post count anyways sully. Also, those links are at the top of this guide.
    Private blakebowling

Next

Return to Mafia Games