Conquer Club

Varying Premium Limits

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Allow players to purchase premium for shorter than a year.

Postby SimplyObsessed on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:38 pm

Concise description:
  • Allow players to purchase premium for shorter periods than a year at a time, for example instead of $25 for 12 months, $12.50 for 6 months

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • For many, this is not even an issue -they always have $25 to spare. For others though, including younger players still in school, they are unable to pay this. I am a student at university, and it took me a while to get the funds together when I wanted to buy premium - but if I had been able to play on a 6 monthly basis I would have been able to go Premium a few weeks earlier - I am sure there are others who have been in the same position for whatever reason applicable to their circumstances. Of course there are the credits, but these require us to either pay for something we don't want, download something we do not trust onto our computers or give our personal details for goodness knows what purposes.
Corporal 1st Class SimplyObsessed

Re: Allow players to purchase premium for shorter than a yea

Postby tkr4lf on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Great idea.
Major tkr4lf

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:49 pm

This has been proposed multiple times. I am not sure that lack is interested, because it would be a simple thing to do.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:28 pm

If lack does eventually add other payment options, I can almost guarantee it's not going to be as simple as cutting the price and term in half. If lack gets charged 50 cents per transaction, under your proposal, he would get $24.50 off a 1-year membership or $24.00 off two, 6-month memberships. Which means he will actually lose money in the long run if people keep buying it up for 1 year but in 2 different chunks.
Major Night Strike

Postby Tupence on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Night Strike wrote:If lack does eventually add other payment options, I can almost guarantee it's not going to be as simple as cutting the price and term in half. If lack gets charged 50 cents per transaction, under your proposal, he would get $24.50 off a 1-year membership or $24.00 off two, 6-month memberships. Which means he will actually lose money in the long run if people keep buying it up for 1 year but in 2 different chunks.

I assume he would do something like what many companies do and have it as $25 for 1 year or $15 for 6 months, for example.
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby cookie0117 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:12 am

This is a very good idea and only has benefits for everyone. Even if there was the option for $3 for a month as well. Would allow people to get premium for a school break of holiday period, or to join a tournament or larger war.
Private cookie0117

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:58 am

cookie0117 wrote:This is a very good idea and only has benefits for everyone. Even if there was the option for $3 for a month as well. Would allow people to get premium for a school break of holiday period, or to join a tournament or larger war.

and absolutely no one would buy a months premium and load up on games so they don't have to purchase more membership for another 3 months.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby barackattack on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:41 am

greenoaks wrote:
cookie0117 wrote:This is a very good idea and only has benefits for everyone. Even if there was the option for $3 for a month as well. Would allow people to get premium for a school break of holiday period, or to join a tournament or larger war.

and absolutely no one would buy a months premium and load up on games so they don't have to purchase more membership for another 3 months.

Your games take 3 months?
justin bieber charlie sheen rebecca black nude naked paris hilton slut xxx dirty free teen school abuse torture iraq soldier gingrich paul tea party 9/11 conspiracy bush oil ryan dunn video dead steve jobs apple sucks
Private 1st Class barackattack

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:15 am

barackattack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Your games take 3 months?

this one is about to hit 3 months
Game 9943463
2011-10-21 12:29:16 - Game has been initialized

but even if they didn't last that long, games that lasted up to 2 months would mean you could play for 12 months by only purchasing membership every 2nd month. CC gets half the income it should.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Qwert on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:36 am

dont want to be rude, but all sugestion need to be in development for 3-5 years, and if lack implement these fast,then these mean that he dont give a F*** for all other Sugestions who will give quality to CC site, he only look to find sugestion who will give benefit for hes pockets.
Many great sugestions sit here half dead,because dont bring money benefit, and dont move nowhere.
More great improwment, more player,more money.
No improwment, no player,no more money.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Night Strike on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:49 pm

qwert wrote:dont want to be rude, but all sugestion need to be in development for 3-5 years, and if lack implement these fast,then these mean that he dont give a F*** for all other Sugestions who will give quality to CC site, he only look to find sugestion who will give benefit for hes pockets.
Many great sugestions sit here half dead,because dont bring money benefit, and dont move nowhere.
More great improwment, more player,more money.
No improwment, no player,no more money.

qwert, quit your complaining. This suggestion has actually been made probably hundreds of times, so it's not like someone just magically came up with it over this weekend.
Major Night Strike

Postby cookie0117 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 am

greenoaks wrote:

Some people might buy memberships for shorter periods. Conversley people will buy membership that they would not have normally.

Conversley people will but membership that they would not have normally. Obviously I can only speak for myself for sure but im pretty confident that most of the regular users of the site would not try to save a few dollars each year by juggeling monthly memberships inbetween tournie/clan war invites. Especially as at $3 a month you would have to not be able to accept invites for 4 month of the year to save $1.
Private cookie0117

Postby D00MandD3A7H on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:16 am

Tupence wrote:
Night Strike wrote:If lack does eventually add other payment options, I can almost guarantee it's not going to be as simple as cutting the price and term in half. If lack gets charged 50 cents per transaction, under your proposal, he would get $24.50 off a 1-year membership or $24.00 off two, 6-month memberships. Which means he will actually lose money in the long run if people keep buying it up for 1 year but in 2 different chunks.

I assume he would do something like what many companies do and have it as $25 for 1 year or $15 for 6 months, for example.

I will vote YES to $15 for 6 months!

I will vote NO to $3 a month!

Great idea, I would never do the $3 business, because people would quit the site when they have a peek or load up on tons of games before the premium expires. A net of $2.50 for lack is not nearly enough. $15 is more affordable and has a higher net, would attract more players.
DO THIS LACK! ;)
Major D00MandD3A7H

Location: Launched from : Florida | Destination : UAC Headquarters on Mars

Postby TeeGee on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:03 am

What about $100 for 5 years :D

Sorry for derailing
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby drake_259 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:05 am

charge more for less time $25 12M, Ā£15, 6M, $3.50 1M
Tournament Sign Ups:
Carcassonne Win 3 Months Tournament Prize
Battle For Medals! Round 2
Corporal drake_259

Postby Woodruff on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:48 pm

greenoaks wrote:

Indeed. This is precisely what would happen.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby KingRat on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 am

Wow - you guys need to get some perspective!
$25 a year is already incredible value.
Very few websites could continue to operate offering such a inexpensive yearly membership.
Based on the number of players who play love it and then drop off after playing for a few months I can only assume offering smaller increments will have a very negative impact on their cash flow as 1) most people don't blink at spending $25 2) new players will always default to the smallest increment. That combination is terrible!
To be honest with you if it's difficult to scrape together $25 I would recommend getting a part time job rather than playing on your computer. YOU NEED IT!
The one idea I did see that may have merit is 5 years for $100.
I would even recommend a lifetime membership for $250.
Offer that up and you would have many people including myself jump at it!
my 2 cents.......
Highest Score: 3266

Cook KingRat

Postby KingRat on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:40 am

One other thing - I would gladly pay $50 per year for a platinum membership.
If there were enough perks you could prob get up to 25% of you active players to sign up for it.
Assuming 2000 active players = $12,500 a year.
Not sure if it's worth the investment but that's your call.
I also contribute by giving 2 years premium away in my tournaments.
Costs me $25 bucks a tourney but well worth it after all the usage I get out of this great site
KR
:D
Highest Score: 3266

Cook KingRat

Premium membership

Postby 445mrdavid on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:51 am

Hello all,

I just have a small suggestion regarding premium membership. Instead of offering just a 12-month membership, why not offer smaller packages such as 1 month and 6 month memberships? I just feel that 12 months is too lengthy and that your net income will increase through the addition of smaller packages.
Private 1st Class 445mrdavid

Postby spiesr on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:58 am

Captain spiesr

Postby 445mrdavid on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:59 am

Ah, I didn't see that a similar topic was already created. My bad.

Edit: Anyways, here's how I think it should be done:
The cost is $25 for 12 months. Of course, you want people to purchase this package, so you make this the best deal. In that case, perhaps make a 6 month package worth $15, 3 month package worth $8, and 1 month package worth $3. In that case, people might buy the smaller packages, but those who are truly committed will buy the package with the best deal- the 12 month package.

I don't want to sound like I'm taking over the website ;) , but I just think this will be very beneficial towards the users and the administrator
Private 1st Class 445mrdavid

Monthly or quarterly membership option

Postby smithallan on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:07 pm

Specifics/Details:
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned previously, but I couldnt find it anywhere in the form, even after searching. I think it would be awesome if CC offered monthly and/or quarterly membership, for say, $5 a month or $10 a quarter, a quarter being either 90 days or 3 months.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This would benefit the site by generating more revenue for the site, and allowing customers the full benefit of membership for a shorter period of time. This would be a great option for someone who has enjoyed freemium, but is still "on the fence" about signing up for a full year. Or it would be a great option for someone in my situation. My membership has ended, and I am in the middle of some premium only tourneys. I want to continue my membership, but cannot afford to until I get my tax return in a month or two. I don't want to lose my spot in the tourney, I'm doing fairly well. I would love the option of buying a month or 2 to get me through until I can afford to buy a full year's membership.
  • I realize some may try to abuse this, buy a month, and at the end of the month join a lot of games so that they have a month's worth of games to play, and buy another month when those games end, thereby only having to pay for every other month. That is why I suggest the price at $5 a month, those trying to beat the system would still end up paying a total of $30 a year, still a gain for the site. And I doubt the every other month trick would work well anyway, most games dont last that long.
Major smithallan

Re: Buying premium membership (less than 1 year)

Postby spiesr on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 am

Captain spiesr

Postby stumeister69 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:55 pm

The current payment options work fine. Yearly membership is cheaper than a night out. Cheaper than going to the cinema if you can't afford that then your simply being a cheapskate or just simply not interested which is fine. You get 4 games at a time and if you can't decide after that if you want to spend 25 dollars for a year then your not someone who will likely stay anyway. Working more on making it fun than payment options is they way forward. Or so I think
Private stumeister69

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions