Conquer Club

[CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- TOFU wins!

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[CC3] - 3rd Annual Conqueror's Cup! -- TOFU wins!

Postby Dako on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:16 am

Welcome to the Third Annual CONQUEROR’S CUP!!

Brackets
Live scoreboard

Clan wars threads

Play-in Round
  • (32) MB vs (33) LotZ - [19 :: 22] - Link

Round of 32
  • (1) KORT vs (33) LotZ - [27 :: 14] - Link
  • (16) LEG vs (17) DYN - [18 :: 23] - Link
  • (8) FOED vs (25) VDLL - [27 :: 14] - Link
  • (9) PIG vs (24) OSA - [19 :: 22] - Link
  • (4) TOFU vs (29) SOH - [36 :: 5] - Link
  • (13) Otpisani vs (20) TFFS - [24 :: 17] - Link
  • (5) PACK vs (28) RA - [34 :: 7] - Link
  • (12) LHDD vs (21) ID - [18 :: 23] - Link
  • (2) TSM vs (31) TLW - [33 :: 8] - Link
  • (15) MD vs (18) KOA - [22 :: 19] - Link
  • (7) IA vs (26) HH - [23 :: 18] - Link
  • (10) AFOS vs (23) TNC - [25 :: 16] - Link
  • (3) EMPIRE vs (30) AKA - [28 :: 13] - Link
  • (14) MYTH vs (19) BPB - [21 :: 20] - Link
  • (6) AOC vs (27) 1RFG - [25 :: 16] - Link
  • (11) BoTFM vs (22) GR - [24 :: 17] - Link

Round of 16
  • (1) KORT vs (17) DYN - [44 :: 17] - Link
  • (8) FOED vs (24) OSA - [28 :: 33] - Link
  • (4) TOFU vs (13) Otpisani - [38 :: 23] - Link
  • (5) PACK vs (21) ID - [37 :: 24] - Link
  • (2) TSM vs (15) MD - [35 :: 26] - Link
  • (7) IA vs (10) AFOS - [28 :: 33] - Link
  • (3) EMPIRE vs (14) MYTH - [37 :: 24] - Link
  • (6) AOC vs (11) BoTFM - [37 :: 24] - Link

Quarter-finals
  • (1) KORT vs (24) OSA - [32 :: 29] - Link
  • (4) TOFU vs (5) PACK - [31 :: 29] - Link
  • (2) TSM vs (10) AFOS - [30 :: 31] - Link
  • (3) EMPIRE vs (6) AOC - [29 :: 31] - Link

Semi-finals
  • (1) KORT vs (4) TOFU - [29 :: 31] - Link
  • (6) AOC vs (10) AFOS - [26 :: 33] - Link

Finals
  • (4) TOFU vs (10) AFOS - [42 :: 18] - Link

=======================

Old post by Chuuuuck

There has been a handful of slight rule changes from last year, please read through all rules carefully.

show: General Layout

show: Seedings

show: Eligibility

show: Clan Wars

show: Organization

show: Schedule

COME SHOW WHAT YOUR CLAN IS REALLY MADE OF!! POST BELOW TO ENTER.
Last edited by Dako on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:30 am, edited 38 times in total.
Colonel Dako

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup!

Postby Chuuuuck on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:16 am

Click image to enlarge.

show: Play-in Round

show: Round of 32
Last edited by Chuuuuck on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Chuuuuck on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:17 am

Participating Clans, in order they signed up
I have removed the clans who did not meet the eligibility requirements.

show: 1. The Last Warriors

show: 2. ++The Legion++

show: 3. Risk Attackers

show: 4. The Headless Horsemen

show: 5. Imperial Dragoons

show: 6. One Step Ahead

show: 7. Brethren of the Fat Mermaid

show: 8. Spelunkers of Hell

show: 9. Manifest Destiny

show: 10. Otpisani

show: 11. 1st Regiment of Foot Guards

show: 12. Mythology

show: 13. Agents of Chaos

show: 14. The New Crusade

show: 15. Dynasty

show: 16. Legends of the Zone

show: 17. Grim Reapers

show: 18. Magnificent Bastards

show: 19. Kill on Arrival

show: 20. De Veroveraars Der Lage Landen

show: 21. Bullet-Proof Bandits

show: 22. Les Hussards du Dragon

show: 23. Fraternal Order of Exceptional Drinkers

show: 24. The Fantastic Fourskins

show: 25. The Odd Fellows Union

show: 26. Empire

show: 27. The Pig Renters

show: 28. The Pack

show: 29. Knights of the Round Table

show: 30. Always Kicking Ass

show: 31. A Fistful of Sixes

show: 32. Immortal Assasins

show: 33. The Spanking Monkeys
Last edited by Chuuuuck on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:38 am, edited 15 times in total.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:49 am

Ugh let me just state that 32 clans will not likely be enough. We will need likely more than that. I do not think limiting clans is a good idea. I do not think this is something that is up for discussion. Everybody should be allowed to play if they so choose.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Postby maasman on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:55 am

Bruceswar wrote:Ugh let me just state that 32 clans will not likely be enough. We will need likely more than that. I do not think limiting clans is a good idea. I do not think this is something that is up for discussion. Everybody should be allowed to play if they so choose.

Agreed.
Colonel maasman

Postby Leehar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Also coordinate with the CLA about the Power Rankings I think they're currently discussing?
If they can get it out in time for the start of the CC3, then it's all to the good
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Foxglove on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Leehar wrote:Also coordinate with the CLA about the Power Rankings I think they're currently discussing?
If they can get it out in time for the start of the CC3, then it's all to the good

The Power Rankings are actually far less relevant than they used to be, now that we have a generally-accepted numerical and results based ranking (the FD400). I'm not sure why we would even consider using an opinion-based ranking system for seeding. Also, there are so many clans now at every level of skill and experience that I think most people providing the rankings won't have an accurate opinion or knowledge of the clans they're being asked to rate.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Finsfleet on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:08 pm

I know for certain we will limit the tournament to 32 clans. We will use the highest ranked clans that sign up if we have more sign up than the limit (that qualify). But one rule I would like to hear others discuss is possibly limiting the entries to a number besides 32, such as 28,26, or 24. This would guarantee a bye for the top clans in that round which I think many at the top would appreciate since they get caught dragging these wars out for most of the year as they progress to the later rounds.

Heeey! Leave a few wild card spots for the new clans. :D
Major Finsfleet

Postby freakns on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Bruceswar wrote:Ugh let me just state that 32 clans will not likely be enough. We will need likely more than that. I do not think limiting clans is a good idea. I do not think this is something that is up for discussion. Everybody should be allowed to play if they so choose.

agreed.
if nothing, organize some kind of qualification round, so the newer clans like ours would have a chance to participate.
Brigadier freakns

Postby Leehar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Foxglove wrote:
Leehar wrote:Also coordinate with the CLA about the Power Rankings I think they're currently discussing?

The Power Rankings are actually far less relevant than they used to be, now that we have a generally-accepted numerical and results based ranking (the FD400). I'm not sure why we would even consider using an opinion-based ranking system for seeding. Also, there are so many clans now at every level of skill and experience that I think most people providing the rankings won't have an accurate opinion or knowledge of the clans they're being asked to rate.

I'm not actually sure about the situation since I'm not in the CLA either (only read about this in the latest issue of the CC Dispatch), but I'm sure that is all being discussed or has been discussed in their forum. If nothing else it's still a nice way to know where you're placed by your peers in the CC Clan Community.
And I think the method to address the problem of not knowing the clans to be rated is that it'll only be gathering the Top 25 clans by the CLA reps, so hopefully that will give a more accurate listing.

And I don't think it's really necessary to negate the usefulness of other rankings, since they do often give a more holistic picture. For example the F400 had Dynasty outside the top 20 for a lengthy period while I always held them in greater esteem, before their ACC run helped validate a truer ranking, while I could see the slide of rise of other clans before they actually achieved the results that the F400 needed to better place them? (I'm probably overestimating my foresight, but it's always nice to see what different perceptions can come out)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Foxglove on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Leehar wrote:
Foxglove wrote:

I'm not actually sure about the situation since I'm not in the CLA either (only read about this in the latest issue of the CC Dispatch), but I'm sure that is all being discussed or has been discussed in their forum.

What is being discussed? The relevancy of the Power Rankings? I'm sure it is, but I think the CLA is itself now fairly irrelevant too, in terms of anything other than organizing the Clan League events.

Leehar wrote:If nothing else it's still a nice way to know where you're placed by your peers in the CC Clan Community.
And I think the method to address the problem of not knowing the clans to be rated is that it'll only be gathering the Top 25 clans by the CLA reps, so hopefully that will give a more accurate listing.

I would still argue that this would be way too inaccurate to yield useful results because of the expansion of the clan world over the past few years.

Leehar wrote:And I don't think it's really necessary to negate the usefulness of other rankings, since they do often give a more holistic picture.

It does though. They are now as useful as a blitz top 10 list. I'm not sure if you were around when the first Power Rankings came out, but the reason they were so useful is because we had no other system that was even remotely close to being accepted by the majority of clans. The ladders that were attempted were all, without exception, heavily criticized as being inaccurate. The Power Rankings allowed a small group of clans (I don't remember how many were in the initial ranking) to rate each other, and this ranking was the most widely accepted as accurate.

Everyone always *wanted* a numerical results-based ranking system, and many were attempted, but before the FD400 we never had one that most people could support. Now we do.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Denise on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Actually, there's no reason to debate this here, since Chuck has already said he will seed according to the FD rankings.
Chuuuuck wrote:I will ask whoever is running the FD rankings to update the rankings sometime around that day and then those are the rankings we will use for seeds.
Major Denise

Postby Foxglove on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Denise wrote:Actually, there's no reason to debate this here, since Chuck has already said he will seed according to the FD rankings.
Chuuuuck wrote:I will ask whoever is running the FD rankings to update the rankings sometime around that day and then those are the rankings we will use for seeds.

Fair enough! I think it's the best choice, obviously. And now I've also explained why. :)

Thanks, chuuuuuck, for be willing to organize this again!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby Keefie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:14 pm

While the FD400 rankings are accepted as the best ranking system. There is a flaw when it comes to new clans. I'm sure that most folks would agree that the newly created clan WAR are top 20 if not top 15, however if this cup had started last month then they wouldn't have been ranked at all. Similarly Optisani and LHDD aren't currently ranked, both would probably be in the top25.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:19 pm

If chuuck needs a hand to open the tournament up to more than 40 clans (a qualification round for example) - then myself and many others could help :D
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby freakns on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Keefie wrote:While the FD400 rankings are accepted as the best ranking system. There is a flaw when it comes to new clans. I'm sure that most folks would agree that the newly created clan WAR are top 20 if not top 15, however if this cup had started last month then they wouldn't have been ranked at all. Similarly Optisani and LHDD aren't currently ranked, both would probably be in the top25.

o ffs, its Otpisani. T goes before P!
Brigadier freakns

Postby Keefie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Sorry :lol: :lol:
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Finsfleet on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Stop trying freak, they will never learn. From now on, I`ll just play the game and rename other clans: TOHTA, EPMIRE, KOTR, HTT...
Major Finsfleet

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:37 pm

I should also add... That the same rules need be applied as last time. 2 completed challenges is a must. No if's and's or buts.

Postby omiljeni on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Colonel omiljeni

Re: [CC3] Third Annual Conqueror's Cup!- Moved 2 Main Clan F

Postby chemefreak on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:05 pm

I have moved this to the Main Clan Forum as it does not belong in Active Challenges. I have ghosted it for 72 hours so those who found it once can find it again! Thanks.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Crazyirishman on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Wow we're only in the preliminary stages between cl4 and we already doing a set up for CC3? It just seems like there is a constant overlap where we can't tell when one event ends and the other starts.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:23 pm

that is how it has always been. CC3 is not even over yet.

Postby denthefrog on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Bruceswar wrote:that is how it has always been. CC3 is not even over yet.

Bruce means CC2 isnt over yet ;)
almost mind u :D
General denthefrog

Postby WPBRJ on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:53 pm

like i posted in the CLA

i think all qualifying clans should get to play no limits should be placed. i also think all entrants should have at least 2 wars to enter also i think its up to the TO to make 1 exception if we need a even number of clans.

i also suggested that we have a play in round if we have over 32 clans that sign up witch i think we will have at least 40 this will bring us to a good number (32). lets just say we have 40 sign ups the top 26 according to fd400 have a bye. the remaining 16 play for the final 8 spots

i along with DJ will help you any way we can chuck
Lieutenant WPBRJ

Next

Return to Complete Challenges