Conquer Club

Nukes

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Nukes

Postby Beko the Great on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 am

Hi there!

I joined recently two nuclear tournaments and in the first game (Game 13017203) of one of those I employed a strategy quite similar to escalating games.

I have realized it might have been not a good strategy and so went here and read an older thread on the subject: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=151398
Although I found some interesting thoughts, I believe there must be players which have masterized these spoils and can add much more to the subject.

I'm sensing that Nukes are a mid term between No Spoils and Escalating in the sense that bonus are important (as in no spoils) but games won't last forever (like Esc. games). Would like to here some piece of advice as I'm currently playing the other tournament game and I don't feel much sure about it: Game 13025487

Also, (and I hope I'm not bothering the readers too much) I would like to know if it is possible to have a high win ratio in nuclear spoils with a lot of people, or if luck plays a higher role in these games

Cheers!
Major Beko the Great

Re: Nukes

Postby waltero on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Besides the obvious, I sometimes have to let the turn run out of time if I am holding Four cards and really do not want a fifth thereby Forcing me to turn them in and Nuke myself.
I try to gain as much ground as Possible.
Cook waltero

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:10 pm

waltero wrote:Besides the obvious, I sometimes have to let the turn run out of time if I am holding Four cards and really do not want a fifth thereby Forcing me to turn them in and Nuke myself.

This is also against the rules.. just FYI waltero...
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby waltero on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:56 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
waltero wrote:Besides the obvious, I sometimes have to let the turn run out of time if I am holding Four cards and really do not want a fifth thereby Forcing me to turn them in and Nuke myself.

This is also against the rules.. just FYI waltero...

Oh, did not know that. Fill free to check any of my Nuke games. I never miss a turn (usually forget that that is my strategy).
Wonder why I see many a player (good players) doing such things.
If I miss a turn it is due to lag not on purpose.

Wonder why that is a rule...even in speed games? Strange they would make a rule like that.
Cook waltero

Postby waltero on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:23 am

How do you figure that is breaking the rules? I just looked at da rules and I see nothing.
Cook waltero

Postby Donelladan on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:51 am

This is currently not against the rules.
But this is definitely cheap and I would give you very poor rating if you do something lik that.

Wonder why I see many a player (good players) doing such things

If they do such things, then, IMO, they are not good players, they are using cheap tactics to win.

But well, some people think it is 100% normal strategy and would agree with you.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby waltero on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:29 pm

All is fair in love and War.

Does not bother me if others use it.
I could see it being a little underhanded if not for the fact that you are giving up a card.
Cook waltero

Postby Jippd on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:24 am

I would employ this strategy without shame in a public game. It is against the rule in most clan war and tournament games. I agree it is cheap, but if my enemy can do it I'll do it. I feel you need to take that attitude if you want to win.
Major Jippd

Postby EricPhail on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:35 pm

I've got a question about nukes for those who've played more games: What happens if in an assassin game two people are eliminated by nukes simultaneously?

(Yes, I am aware this is stupidly unlikely)
Sergeant 1st Class EricPhail

Postby Jippd on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm

The order of your cards determines who is eliminated first. When you cash a set it lists the cards in order. The furthest card to the left is eliminated first, then the card in the middle then the card on the right.

So if two people were eliminated the player who is eliminated with the earlier card listed in the cash would be killed and the game would be over.
Major Jippd

Postby Trephining on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:36 am

The larger the map, the more closely Nuclear spoils resembles No Spoils.
The fewer the players, the more closely Nuclear spoils resembles No Spoils.

This is because, if you assume that every player earns a card every turn, then from turns 6 and onward, you will have 3*#Players territories getting nuked every 3 turns, meaning that every turn on average #Players number of territories get nuked.

So if you're playing the Classic map with 8 players, on average 8/42 = 19% of the territories get nuked every turn. But if you're playing World v2.0, which has (guessing) 120 territories, on average 8/120 = 6.67% of the territories get nuked every turn. That decreases the likelihood that "meaningful" or "important" territories get nuked.

Private Trephining

Postby Nucker on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:16 pm

My jaundiced view is that Nukes are a territory game.

Once players get to the first card sets bonuses become a lotto. Small bonuses are better due to less percentage chance of being hit and generally easier to retake.

Dont build stacks and place troops on several territories, Go for territory number bonuses.

A favourite strategy of players is to stack on a spoil they own; Circus Maximus is a case in point. This is a great time to run and take territories leaving 2 and 3 stacks behind while taking bonuses areas (you will get lucky from time to time)

Yes a game with too many players gets close to pointless. Imagine 8 players handing in 3 cards every 3 rounds. That is 24 territories per cycle, about half the regions on most maps.

NB! Knock out players ASAP

Disclaimer: I know less than f... all on this topic.
Sergeant 1st Class Nucker

Return to Conquer Club Discussion