Conquer Club

[MED] 30+ Achievement Medal Structure

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: 30+ Achievement Medal Structure

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm happy with the levels in the OP. GA and GC need added and then this can be submitted.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:01 am

Dukasaur wrote:
agentcom wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:OK. How about GA the same as clans? 40/50/75/100.

GAs weren't discussed ... but since people can get them for spotting differences between maps, answer trivia questions, etc., I'm inclined to think that this was an intentional omission.

I don't believe so. GAs are traditionally much harder to come by than clan or tournament medals. True, some of the tasks required to achieve them are easy (while others can be quite hard) but that tendency is more than counterweighed by the fact that:
  • The events in which GAs are offered are less common, whereas new tournaments and new clan wars begin several times a day, and
  • The events in which GAs are offered are open to all members and at least in theory provide thousands of potential competitors for each medal, whereas tournaments and clan wars have finite numbers of opponents to be beaten.

I recall a post sometime in the past where a TD was chastising TOs for not offering enough GA medals in their tourneys, and said, "lackattack intended the number of GAs and TAs issued to be approximately equal." Unfortunately I can't find that post now despite a lengthy search, but I suppose it doesn't matter since we're travelling some previously untrodden roads these days.

Because of the rarity of GA-giving events and the (theoretically) limitless competition in those events, GAs are much more precious than clan or tournament medals. They should not have been left out of the mix, and should follow the same scale.

Edit: Cleaned up minor typos. No significant change in meaning.

GA medals are easy to get... Find X in photo Y etc.... Clan medals are hard to get. Your average clan plays 4 wars a year maybe 5... And then you have factor in the point someone has to lose, so if they only win 2... well then you know. I am in KORT and we have won all but 1 war and I only have 16 with one of those coming from IA in 2008. A war that takes 1.5 months usually is much harder than winning one odd game, or finding x in photo y. Yes you can say there are less chances, but those chances are far easier.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Private 1st Class Bruceswar

Re: [MED] 30+ Achievement Medal Structure

Postby benga on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:01 am

Sorry but getting ga medal is harder, those come once a year and most miss the the anouncement and they have to wait 1yr to try it.

kort play so few wars to focus better and manipulate scoreboard better.

this is choice, GA medals are mostly annual events.

also don't like mixing TO organizing and victories, those 2 are not the same.
Sergeant benga

Postby chapcrap on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
agentcom wrote:

GAs weren't discussed ... but since people can get them for spotting differences between maps, answer trivia questions, etc., I'm inclined to think that this was an intentional omission.

I don't believe so. GAs are traditionally much harder to come by than clan or tournament medals. True, some of the tasks required to achieve them are easy (while others can be quite hard) but that tendency is more than counterweighed by the fact that:
  • The events in which GAs are offered are less common, whereas new tournaments and new clan wars begin several times a day, and
  • The events in which GAs are offered are open to all members and at least in theory provide thousands of potential competitors for each medal, whereas tournaments and clan wars have finite numbers of opponents to be beaten.

I recall a post sometime in the past where a TD was chastising TOs for not offering enough GA medals in their tourneys, and said, "lackattack intended the number of GAs and TAs issued to be approximately equal." Unfortunately I can't find that post now despite a lengthy search, but I suppose it doesn't matter since we're travelling some previously untrodden roads these days.

Because of the rarity of GA-giving events and the (theoretically) limitless competition in those events, GAs are much more precious than clan or tournament medals. They should not have been left out of the mix, and should follow the same scale.

GA medals are easy to get... Find X in photo Y etc.... Clan medals are hard to get. Your average clan plays 4 wars a year maybe 5... And then you have factor in the point someone has to lose, so if they only win 2... well then you know. I am in KORT and we have won all but 1 war and I only have 16 with one of those coming from IA in 2008. A war that takes 1.5 months usually is much harder than winning one odd game, or finding x in photo y. Yes you can say there are less chances, but those chances are far easier.

If GA's are so easy, then why are more people not maxed out?

And, I think 4-5 wars a year is not the average. I think the average is a little higher than that. Maybe 4-5 is the normal number for a 'top clan' but that's not the average.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:29 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
agentcom wrote:

If GA's are so easy, then why are more people not maxed out?

For the reason benga stated: that there just aren't that many opportunities to get them. That's why I support similar medal levels for GAs and other sections. It may take more work to earn a clan medal, but on the other hand you can play in a clan war whenever you desire, whereas GAs are time-sensitive things that we don't just hand out every day. Therefore collecting enough to max out on medals is actually a feat well worth rewarding appropriately.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:For the reason benga stated: that there just aren't that many opportunities to get them. That's why I support similar medal levels for GAs and other sections. It may take more work to earn a clan medal, but on the other hand you can play in a clan war whenever you desire, whereas GAs are time-sensitive things that we don't just hand out every day. Therefore collecting enough to max out on medals is actually a feat well worth rewarding appropriately.

Shame more are not given out. Personally I have given out around a hundred in the last year. It probably depends on the mods that can give them out, just do not give them out. But that is just a comment on why more are not given out being a shame.

But I just wanted to say that this is a great suggestion and it is what I believed should of been done in the first place and what I believed was going to be done after reading all the relevant threads.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:07 am

koontz1973 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:For the reason benga stated: that there just aren't that many opportunities to get them. That's why I support similar medal levels for GAs and other sections. It may take more work to earn a clan medal, but on the other hand you can play in a clan war whenever you desire, whereas GAs are time-sensitive things that we don't just hand out every day. Therefore collecting enough to max out on medals is actually a feat well worth rewarding appropriately.

Shame more are not given out. Personally I have given out around a hundred in the last year. It probably depends on the mods that can give them out, just do not give them out. But that is just a comment on why more are not given out being a shame.

But I just wanted to say that this is a great suggestion and it is what I believed should of been done in the first place and what I believed was going to be done after reading all the relevant threads.

Are you sure you weren't awarding GCs? GAs are usually only awarded for site events and contests, etc.

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:26 am

Metsfanmax wrote:Are you sure you weren't awarding GCs? GAs are usually only awarded for site events and contests, etc.

Never awarded a GC. I always gave out GAs for the contests I ran in the dispatch and over a three month period in the great community map project.

GAs where designed to be given out as an award and that is what I did. Even nobodies gave out 70+ this year for one contest, as I say, it all depends on the mod that can give them out.

EDIT: Found nobodies thread with the list of GA winners from his contest. All got a medal.

show
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:15 pm

SUBMITTED

Postby Jippd on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:41 pm

So after thirty you can get a maximum of 4 more medals when you reach the milestones? Is that correct?
Major Jippd

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Jippd wrote:So after thirty you can get a maximum of 4 more medals when you reach the milestones? Is that correct?

That is what is intended, yes.

Previous

Return to Suggestions