Conquer Club

[GP/UI] Delay Start of Freestyle Games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: [GP/UI] Delay Start of Freestyle Games

Postby azezzo on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:11 pm

I dislike the implementation of this, anyone that creates a casual freestyle game knows damn well that if hes not online his opponent will go 1st, stop making changes just for the sake of saying something was done.

"Freestyle games have a 1 Hr delay before starting so as to not give an unfair advantage to the first player to move"

what kinda half thought out bullshit is this? I get the concept, but now who ever joined the game is at a disadvantage, Im not about to wait around for an hour holding down a hot key so as not to be at the disadvantage of going 2nd in a freestyle game, the creator of a freestyle game is fully aware of the risk of his opponent attacking him 1st in a casual game, someone tell me why C.C. doesnt do any Beta testing with updates? At least C.C. could have warned players with a pop up warning that this change was made before joining the games. New owner, same old half ass bullshit

even my opponent, the guy who created game Game 13166011 agrees,
2013-09-01 10:06:45 - nice scott: good luck
2013-09-01 10:20:33 - azezzo: bulshit new update, having to wait an hour to start
2013-09-01 10:36:33 - nice scott: Tell me about it. It is so stupid
Captain azezzo

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:16 pm

This is a horrible idea for casual games in my honest opinion and I wish I had seen this earlier. I understand the speed games, because it makes sense. But WHY on earth would someone need ONE HOUR to see a board in casual?! Please come up with an argument against this, because I started a 1v1 game vs a freemium and now he is screwed with 1 hour of no playing and I have to wait to play too. LAME.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Fazeem on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:40 pm

could you guys make it optional or create a button where if all players click it they can begin immediately playing at least? People should not be forced to wait an hour if they are all present online when they are expecting to play a game. The way this is implemented is counter productive and discourages freestyle games. In principle I like the idea and I am sure that some tweaks can be made where everyone will be happy and the fairness factor will still be achieved.
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby rishaed on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Not for 24 hr casuals...... c'mon its removing some strategy from the game. If you see someone took the VC on their last turn, you better check and see if you can break it/ if they are still on.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:42 am

Fazeem wrote:could you guys make it optional or create a button where if all players click it they can begin immediately playing at least? People should not be forced to wait an hour if they are all present online when they are expecting to play a game. The way this is implemented is counter productive and discourages freestyle games. In principle I like the idea and I am sure that some tweaks can be made where everyone will be happy and the fairness factor will still be achieved.

This exactly.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:30 am

Who the hell plays freestyle casual anyway?
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby Fazeem on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Fazeem wrote:could you guys make it optional or create a button where if all players click it they can begin immediately playing at least? People should not be forced to wait an hour if they are all present online when they are expecting to play a game. The way this is implemented is counter productive and discourages freestyle games. In principle I like the idea and I am sure that some tweaks can be made where everyone will be happy and the fairness factor will still be achieved.

NO site feedback on these points?
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby agentcom on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:02 am

Removed Poll. Results recorded in OP
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:38 am

EagleofGreenErth wrote:Who the hell plays freestyle casual anyway?

i do.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Fazeem on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm

greenoaks wrote:

i do.

occasionally I do also.
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Many, many people. Myself included.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby rishaed on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:13 am

*cough*guilty!*cough* /slowlyraiseshand
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Prince_Tottenham on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:36 am

can't look at what's said in those 5 pages, but I agree with this one, We can see also Fog of war games need this as clans used to force 12 hours fog of war rule..
also may be some speed game creators weren't ready for 1st turn of the game as they were waiting long time enough? we so a lot of this in the past..

so best option for us to solve this problem for all, by placing an option like:

Delay Start: YES - NO

if you picked yes for [ 24 Hours ] games... then it's 12 hour where you can't take the first turn.
if you picked yes for [ any speed game ] .. then it's 2 mins where you can't take the first turn.

whatever this Sequential or Free-style..

it would make an end to force some people delay taking a turn for snapshots etc.. i know people missed turns for this!
Major Prince_Tottenham

Postby 40kguy on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:38 pm

can we change this so that if all players click begin turn you can start playing? It seems pointless to have if both players are there
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby chapcrap on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:02 pm

40kguy wrote:can we change this so that if all players click begin turn you can start playing? It seems pointless to have if both players are there

I don't disagree. Make a new suggestion for that change.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Prince_Tottenham on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:25 pm

still waiting to hear something over my post here.
Major Prince_Tottenham

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Prince_Tottenham wrote:can't look at what's said in those 5 pages, but I agree with this one, We can see also Fog of war games need this as clans used to force 12 hours fog of war rule..
also may be some speed game creators weren't ready for 1st turn of the game as they were waiting long time enough? we so a lot of this in the past..

so best option for us to solve this problem for all, by placing an option like:

Delay Start: YES - NO

if you picked yes for [ 24 Hours ] games... then it's 12 hour where you can't take the first turn.
if you picked yes for [ any speed game ] .. then it's 2 mins where you can't take the first turn.

whatever this Sequential or Free-style..

it would make an end to force some people delay taking a turn for snapshots etc.. i know people missed turns for this!

Prince_Tottenham wrote:still waiting to hear something over my post here.

Same thing as 40kguy. It's a new suggestion and I don't necessarily disagree with you, but you'll need to make a new thread.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions