Conquer Club

[UI] Link Embedded in Map Names in Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Map Thread Links

Postby natty dread on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah, so it should be easy to add the same link on the actual game page.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:47 am

Geger wrote:Just go to "My Game" - Page, and click the thumbnail : there is a link in the lower left corner

Yeah, I understand how to get there. I don't have a problem navigating the site. This would make it easier for me and for a lot of other people who do not know how to navigate the site.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:58 am

chapcrap wrote:
Geger wrote:Just go to "My Game" - Page, and click the thumbnail : there is a link in the lower left corner

Yeah, I understand how to get there. I don't have a problem navigating the site. This would make it easier for me and for a lot of other people who do not know how to navigate the site.

This would be especially helpful for Beta maps, but it is a good idea all around. I suggest taking the name of the map as it appears above that thumbnail and inserting it as a link on the game page in the large header line which currently has the game number and round number.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby agentcom on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:43 pm

ender516 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

This would be especially helpful for Beta maps, but it is a good idea all around. I suggest taking the name of the map as it appears above that thumbnail and inserting it as a link on the game page in the large header line which currently has the game number and round number.

I would suggest merging this suggestion with the one about actually displaying the map name somewhere on each game page. If they're going to implement that solution, they might as well link to the map page. I'm all for this idea.
Colonel agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:17 pm

agentcom wrote:
ender516 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I would suggest merging this suggestion with the one about actually displaying the map name somewhere on each game page. If they're going to implement that solution, they might as well link to the map page. I'm all for this idea.

I would not merge them, because they are separate ideas that would be implemented in separate ways.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:31 pm

chapcrap wrote:
agentcom wrote:
ender516 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I would not merge them, because they are separate ideas that would be implemented in separate ways.

Perhaps, but the additional utility of this suggestion might make the suggestion to add the map name more compelling. Taken together, they might add up to a suggestion that many would support and that the site might implement sooner rather than later.

Postby natty dread on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:53 pm

ender516 wrote:the site might implement sooner rather than later.

:lol:

that optimism is so cute ;)
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby ender516 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:04 pm

It's all relative, natty.

Re: Map Names in Games

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:14 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Chapcrap pointed me here like I have a special power to make this one possible.
Unfortunately we have already asked in past to lackattack to have the map name/link to map thread (like tournaments games) at the top of the map.....i don't know why it has never been implemented. As everyone in the foundry know my wish list is a long one but it seems that for now I can't strike off the things listed into it. :(

The Foundry wants it, let's get it done!! Maybe simultaneously with this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=164449#p3591409
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:38 am

agentcom wrote:
ender516 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Bump.
Colonel agentcom

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:18 am

I see no reason not to do this, but as a word of warning, most map threads no longer have a map maker on the site or are willing to change anything.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:24 pm

koontz1973 wrote:I see no reason not to do this, but as a word of warning, most map threads no longer have a map maker on the site or are willing to change anything.

Will the ok from a CA and seeing that this is already done for beta maps, I'll go ahead and put this through.

SUBMITTED
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby bigWham on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:26 am

chapcrap wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:I see no reason not to do this, but as a word of warning, most map threads no longer have a map maker on the site or are willing to change anything.

Will the ok from a CA and seeing that this is already done for beta maps, I'll go ahead and put this through.

SUBMITTED

each map has 2 thread stored against it (potentially): a strategy thread, and a development thread. i don't believe there is room for both... so which do we want?
Brigadier bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Map Thread Links & Names

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:13 am

bigWham wrote:each map has 2 thread stored against it (potentially): a strategy thread, and a development thread. i don't believe there is room for both... so which do we want?

Development thread would be better as all maps do not have a dedicated strategy topic.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:10 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
bigWham wrote:each map has 2 thread stored against it (potentially): a strategy thread, and a development thread. i don't believe there is room for both... so which do we want?

Development thread would be better as all maps do not have a dedicated strategy topic.

Agreed.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:50 pm

koontz1973 wrote:

Is the strategy thread generally linked from the OP of the dev't thread? If not, could it be? Two birds with one stone
Colonel agentcom

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Previous

Return to Suggestions