Conquer Club

Soccer Affair [11/12/2013] V3f pg 4

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Soccer Affair [09/12/2013] V3c pg 3

Postby sannemanrobinson on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:21 am

Shareholders have a more prominent position now. When army numbers are placed, the gameflow will also be more intuitive with a lot of starting neutrals. Making gameplay recognizable from other CC maps might help (no ideas now).

What is a lineup bonus mentioned in training? Training could be a multiplyer of field bonusses (to avoid players focusing on one of them).

Victory condition is now 5k budget? A line up and 0,5k budget might already be difficult.

I would leave the 6 tactics circles out. Tactics can stay as bonus when holding all D, M or S of the same colour. So the same as now but without the special tactics circles. Not really essential comment from me but it might make it more simple.

Bonus of tactics and line-up (+20) can be put together to avoid missing on of those to bunusses when reading them. Line up without the keeper could be an additional bonus.
Major sannemanrobinson

Re: Soccer Affair [09/12/2013] V3c pg 3

Postby Blakkrose on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:36 pm

sannemanrobinson wrote:What is a lineup bonus mentioned in training? Training could be a multiplyer of field bonusses (to avoid players focusing on one of them).

Line-up is a bonus that replaces Def, Mid and Atk bonuses.
As I wrote in the legend, you must take a tactic (3-4-3, 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 5-3-2, 5-4-1 or 4-3-3), and its full line-up, of same color: Goalkeeper (K1), Def, Mid & Atk.

sannemanrobinson wrote:Victory condition is now 5k budget? A line up and 0,5k budget might already be difficult.

Victory condition is one 5k budget + one line-up.
Is a goal too difficult?
With the line-up bonus you get +20 troops per turn so you'll be able to climb the peak of the Budget Panel!

sannemanrobinson wrote:I would leave the 6 tactics circles out. Tactics can stay as bonus when holding all D, M or S of the same colour. So the same as now but without the special tactics circles. Not really essential comment from me but it might make it more simple.

The 6 circles are a way to give names to the tactics and allow the application of the penalty of -20.
But it would be a simplification delete them!

sannemanrobinson wrote:Line up without the keeper could be an additional bonus.

Could ...
but it seems already sufficient to give 4 troops for possession of the only Goalkeeper addition to the other 10 positions.

Here is the version 3d of the map:
Click image to enlarge.

Now there is lot of free space I do not know how to use!
Private Blakkrose

Re: Soccer Affair [09/12/2013] V3d pg 4

Postby sannemanrobinson on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:14 am

About the difficulty of the victory condition, it might help to mention the army number of starting neutrals. Remember that this is the large map, also a small map is needed where army numbers still fit.

Here is an idea to make use of space. Excuse me for the blunt editing.

Click image to enlarge.
Major sannemanrobinson

Re: Soccer Affair [10/12/2013] V3e pg 4

Postby Blakkrose on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:33 am

sannemanrobinson wrote:About the difficulty of the victory condition, it might help to mention the army number of starting neutrals. Remember that this is the large map, also a small map is needed where army numbers still fit.

You're right.
I deliberately made ​​difficult because this is the main objective of the Shareholders! Money!
If I get someone else's observations regarding the Victory condition I'll be ready to change it!

sannemanrobinson wrote:Here is an idea to make use of space. Excuse me for the blunt editing.

So this is your vision of the map?
I saw that you enlarged the Budget Panel but for me it's not good.
Sounds good to me as I have designed myself, with the right size to keep all the troops inside the boxes.
In the small version I will bring the legend column in the empty spaces left and right of the field of play, leaving space to the panels because these will remain unchanged with respect to how they are now.
But this is an issue which I will deal later.

For now, here's another version where I optimized the empty spaces:
Click image to enlarge.

As always I wait your comments. I hope that this exchange of messages arrive at a satisfactory version for all of us!
Private Blakkrose

Postby sannemanrobinson on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:53 am

For now I have given all feedback that comes to mind. If you are looking for army numbers to check if it fits on the map: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=649&t=151232.
Major sannemanrobinson

Postby Blakkrose on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:01 am

sannemanrobinson wrote:For now I have given all feedback that comes to mind. If you are looking for army numbers to check if it fits on the map: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=649&t=151232.

Thank you for your assistance.
I think now that the map is clearer and easier.
You are enough happy with the changes?

Here is the map with Starting Points and Neutral territories:
Click image to enlarge.
Private Blakkrose

Re: Soccer Affair [10/12/2013] V3f pg 4

Postby Blakkrose on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:54 am

Thinking back to the difficulty of the climb to the summit of the Budget Panel I changed the troops of the neutral territories. Now it is easier to reach the boxes 5K.
But I have made ​​the lines between the boxes bidirectional panel and bonuses in order to make it more difficult to keep the entire column.
The goal, however, is no longer the only box 5k but the entire column from 0.5 k to 5k!

What do you think?
show
Private Blakkrose

Re: Soccer Affair [11/12/2013] V3f pg 4

Postby sannemanrobinson on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:38 am

Looking at your army numbers it seems to be working for the large map at least. And changes satisfactory. Attacking the budget panel from Display, Sponsors, Stands and Floodlights is not really needed, I am curious about your motivation for this from the soccer point of view.

The +50 for holding one Budget column is not possible as a bonus only once. A bonus is always rewarded in the xml. Conditional bombardments might be an idea to make holding a Budget difficult, that if a player holds and keeps a Budget he will get +50 but can be bombarded by all shareholders (for example).

More feedback from people please!
Major sannemanrobinson

Postby dolomite13 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:05 am

sannemanrobinson wrote:The +50 for holding one Budget column is not possible as a bonus only once. A bonus is always rewarded in the xml. Conditional bombardments might be an idea to make holding a Budget difficult, that if a player holds and keeps a Budget he will get +50 but can be bombarded by all shareholders (for example).

Actually this should be possible with some creative xml. Each column would represent a continent and then you would check to see that you have at least 1 of those continents to give the +50.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby Blakkrose on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:56 am

sannemanrobinson wrote:Looking at your army numbers it seems to be working for the large map at least. And changes satisfactory.

I dont understand.

sannemanrobinson wrote:Attacking the budget panel from Display, Sponsors, Stands and Floodlights is not really needed, I am curious about your motivation for this from the soccer point of view.

I made ​​bi-directional attacks by the Budget Panel because it seemed too easy to defend the column. there were few borders.
I can make bidirectional boundaries between the boxes of the column and return to the one-way attacks for external bonuses.
Private Blakkrose

Postby sannemanrobinson on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:15 am

Blakkrose wrote:1 of those continents to give the +50.

So it is not one time +50 per whole game but one time per turn. Then I misread your legend.

Blakkrose wrote:
sannemanrobinson wrote:Looking at your army numbers it seems to be working for the large map at least. And changes satisfactory.

I dont understand.

Army numbers look good. Checking small map is still needed.

I am satisfied with the changes in general.

Blakkrose wrote:I made ​​bi-directional attacks by the Budget Panel because it seemed too easy to defend the column. there were few borders.
I can make bidirectional boundaries between the boxes of the column and return to the one-way attacks for external bonuses.

Okay that is the solution of a problem with the map. Solutions should also be in line with the theme. How can a budget be attacked by different soccer aspects? Bombardments might be making more sense as extra investments and maintainance are require budget.
Major sannemanrobinson

Postby Blakkrose on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:00 am

sannemanrobinson wrote:So it is not one time +50 per whole game but one time per turn. Then I misread your legend.

You're right, it is better to change the label on "One column (only one) +50"

sannemanrobinson wrote:Okay that is the solution of a problem with the map. Solutions should also be in line with the theme. How can a budget be attacked by different soccer aspects? Bombardments might be making more sense as extra investments and maintainance are require budget.

So what do you suggest?
to bombard (instead of to attack) from Display Small to A 0,5k, B 0,5k etc.
to bombard (instead of to attack) from Sponsor's territories to A 1k, B 1k, etc
and so on?

It would be a problem to explain it in the legend.
It would take much more space!
Private Blakkrose

Postby dakky21 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:58 am

I really dislike that brown pattern in the background and the brownish soccer field. Your first greeny versions are much more eye candy and more look like the real thing.
Captain dakky21

Postby Blakkrose on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:30 am

dakky21 wrote:I really dislike that brown pattern in the background and the brownish soccer field. Your first greeny versions are much more eye candy and more look like the real thing.

I do not think it's a problem because the map is not of interest to anyone ... :cry:
Private Blakkrose

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Blakkrose wrote:
dakky21 wrote:I really dislike that brown pattern in the background and the brownish soccer field. Your first greeny versions are much more eye candy and more look like the real thing.

I do not think it's a problem because the map is not of interest to anyone ... :cry:

I think a lot of people would love this map. I don't think you should give up just because of a lack of commentary. The Foundry has been very slow these last few years, while CC's population declined. Almost every mapmaker has suffered some feelings of isolation.

One day CC's population will be back up. In the meantime, don't let your spirits drop.

Soccer events have been HUGELY popular on this site. I think this is the One that will rule over all the World Cup maps and I can envision tournaments where the various World Cup maps are the early rounds and this is the Final round.

Keep up the good work!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Armandolas on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Agree with dukasaur. I also gree with dakkys comments.

I see that the panels suffered a major improvement, I like them much better now.
Slowly just keep updating it . New ideas to simplify it will come. Ad people will also come.
Im suffering the same problem in my map. Not many people commenting on it.
Colonel Armandolas

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas