Conquer Club

XML master change

How to make a map. Official Handbook, Guides, Tutorials and more...

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

XML master change

Postby cairnswk on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:10 am

I've been checking out the online xml for Waterloo, and it is no longer in the familiar xml notation format that we are used to submitting.

My question...how to get it back from the site and use the online version again?

Is there a new tool that is development that we can read this with?
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: XML master change

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:57 pm

cairnswk wrote:I've been checking out the online xml for Waterloo, and it is no longer in the familiar xml notation format that we are used to submitting.

Could be the browser or the computer, it happens also to me on some machines, anyway from this link you should be able to see it in the old way, at least it is for me http://www.conquerclub.com/maps/Waterloo.xml
if is not in the old way and you use firefox try ctrl+U to look at the page source code, it should be exactly the xml format you're used to look at. ;)

cairnswk wrote:Is there a new tool that is development that we can read this with?

I would have like to annouce this differently but if you search something to test your xml try this thing I've done for you guys.
Is not perfect but it reads everything, any current xml feature we have.
As soon as I have a bit of time I will include a way to test coordinates and anything else you ask to me to include.

http://wcforums.org/XML/test.html

Hope it helps
Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks for that tnb80...the Ctrl+U works to a point but there is still no indentation. O:)

re your new tool...this is going to be excellent when finished...i think it is not yet, è?

a couple of suggestions if i may...

1. obviously needs 88 numbers on it to test centering

2. the continents and territories list need a return between each one...it looks too squashed up without a return between each one and it is difficult to read all that information together like that. :?

3. where some territory only borders one-way, instead of "Borders with: (blank)"....perhaps the notation: "Borders one-way from <territory name>" or "Borders one-way to <territory name>"

4. I like the "It can bombard..." :)

5. I'm not a big fan of the "Components =>" - it's the arrow, a kind of hang-over from last tool and for me it caused confusion not entirely understanding what it meant ... perhaps "Components include: " would be better. :)

6. i think the urls for image and xml need to stay on page.

7. also, is it possible to load the xml text from own computer, rather than having to upload it site. this is done in xml wizard...maybe something to look into. :)

I do hope you continue to develop this. I imageine it is going to be a great help when completed.
=D> =D>
Private cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:50 am

Just to be sure, is this the issue you have with displaying xml?

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:53 pm

^^ Yes.
Private cairnswk

Return to Tools & Guides