Conquer Club

Game of Thrones Mafia 9/24 Night 6: End Game Vote 4 MVP

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones Mafia 9/24 Night 6: End Game Mafia Lords

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:02 pm

StorrZerg wrote:General psa. To both parties town and mafia, Lots of information was on the table, and it wasn't very clear.
Mafia did do a good job, of spreading miss information.
Specifically Jweidlin / betiko. Since some confusion was dropped on them.
And sck, his blocks had been clear. And known. Not sure why town let the push of 1 block only happening go on.

I think on this last day, town really should have moved forward with information at hand, And even used Strike Wolf more. he was only allowed 1 post day / night.

Also, AoG shot kgb 2 mins before kgb shot. I think in hindsight i should have had him shoot in the thread for his revenge shot so it was clear.

2 minutes?!?!? Bah! Go read our thread...I was Yelling to get in here and shoot before the revenge came...oh well...kinda funny to know it was that close!

The mafia QT was almost 500 posts, so, yah, we were active. That coordination on Pancake was supposed to have kgb shoot...when he didn't, I thought we were all stuck.

Just reading the Dreadfort QT...there was no way were were wasting a NK on Betiko, when he couldn't vote.

Also, I thought strike was dead...his role PM showed up in the OP, and the count excluded him.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby jak111 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:1. Jak, you quitter. I would like to curse you out for quitting, but this is all I'll say.

Well I didn't technically "quit" so much as got "Mod replaced" after I blew up at Storr for making what I perceived to be an overpowered PR combination. That and the increasing fact that it was 6 mafia against 18 town PR's seemed way too town OP. Mafia still won in the end though surprisingly. XD

Nice job on replacing me Robik, might have to hire you on full time as my replacement. ;)

FP'd by Neb. :P
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby 27ninjabunnies on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Let's see.

I called Pershy, JAK, Jweid. Not too bad I suppose.

I would have been more into the game if rl wasn't crazy.

Also, I've never seen a town lover get placed with a mafia. That is by far the weirdest thing ever. And probably a little mafia sided too.

Now, I've seen where someone's gotten the lover role and lovered a mafia, and therefore she/he won with the mafia, but never have I seen where lovers were opposite alignments.

So, meh. Sorry guys
New Recruit 27ninjabunnies

Postby 27ninjabunnies on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:41 pm

I should have also had flags raised when I told neb to shoot Jweid, and he didn't. lol
New Recruit 27ninjabunnies

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Again, asking the right questions about your role bunnies :(

not just you though, but lots of people made incorrect assumptions about their roles. Most of that probably had something to do previous mafia game experience. Some of it was inexperience.

(example role block, i decided it would be a pm to the player that they had been blocked, i know some people have played with no pm being sent)

There should have been red flags with 2 people with .5 kp. as "town vig" with no "obvious connection" Also with the deaths at night. And a flipped mafia having .5 kp
I think red flags of neb killing hotshot bunnies, when you guys didn't talk about your reads on him. It was just "seems scummy yep"
Major StorrZerg

Postby pancakemix on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:50 pm

27ninjabunnies wrote:I should have also had flags raised when I told neb to shoot Jweid, and he didn't. lol

Jwied was town.

I know, I'm surprised too.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32 pm

By the way How could I forget?
A HUGE!!!! thank you to virus90

In all honesty, i don't know why people host games solo (when larger than 12 players) I really find having the extra person on hand very helpful. Specially when things get a little tricky.
I really wanted to keep this game fast paced, and defined with day/night starts. Making sure actions are correct in the night phase, nothing action was miss placed. He really helped in making this a possibility.

Currently my next game will be a "pick your power mafia game"
As it states, a part of the game will be picking your power. Everyone has this option! I can explain more in detail when i get the main game posted.
The game size will be similar to this one, about 20+ players.
For now, I am looking for 2 co-hosts.
Major StorrZerg

Re: Game of Thrones Mafia 9/24 Night 6: End Game Vote 4 MVP

Postby StorrZerg on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:43 pm

IF members from each faction could vote for their MVP of choice that would be lovely, either sending a pm or posting in here is fine thanks :)
Major StorrZerg

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:46 pm

I was technically dead, I got information on who the people that killed me were doing (one action, didn't know who performed it) and I could post once but I couldn't vote. Honestly, I had expected my role to be more like what AoG's turned out to be with vengeance killing. Honestly, the one post thing was the worst possibility that could happen to a volume poster type player like myself.

I fail to see how mafia was under powered when you had a lover who got town cred due to the lover circumstance, a busdriver, the potential to get a second bus driver, a role blocker, a framer who also worked to make people look innocent, a day kill and the potential to kill 2 people each night (2.5 after Night 1). I mean you argue that Jwied's power was OP but it actually was part of how you won when it caused town to underestimate mafia numbers and only worked when Betiko randomly tracked him. It didn't work with Legion because legion didn't know who he was and didn't have the potential that Betiko had to ask the question in a controlled environment first.

I felt the game was fairly balanced, if anything, I would say Mafia may have had a slight edge in this game but I think the abundance of investigative roles did help to even that out as well.

I would nominate Betiko from Town. I am between Neb and Robik for mafia. Robik's play style worked for the scenario. It was abrasive and risky but it worked. So he is a top pick from mafia's side for that reason. I also considered Neb because he played well under pressure after he was picked out by the cop and before that was the one mafia that I had thought was town for most of the game.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:42 am

Yup surprised about all this.
I ve already been lover with the role pm of my partner known, unfortunately i was on a boat for the last 5 days and it was almost impossible to get in here. Bunnies confused the shit out of me, it was silly to trust that much her lover unless you received his role pm with yours, I assumed you had it, i even asked you but you didn t answer..
Neb played all that very well.
And epi... Ahhh what a great fake claim in our qt!!! He said he was sansa stark third party beloved princess.... That was necesairly something we had to keep till the end and we couldn t share in the public topic!
Robik: it did play well, but this game style won t work twice, you were scummy as hell in my books and i don t know how you passed through the nets dayafter day..

Was the pershy thing totally luck or was it meant to be that way?

Too bad legionnare couldn t use his tracking on mister X/jwied todo the same!

Anyway, well played mafia, i can t believe we let go the advantage we had early in the game...

Great concept storr and virus! I just think that on this forum the days need to be twice as long as the usual activity doesn t match, 5/6 days sounds like a minimum to me.
Major betiko

Postby SiriusCowKing on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:37 am

27ninjabunnies wrote:Let's see.

I called Pershy, JAK, Jweid. Not too bad I suppose.

haha, I called the same
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby SiriusCowKing on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:42 am

strike wolf wrote:I was technically dead, I got information on who the people that killed me were doing (one action, didn't know who performed it) and I could post once but I couldn't vote. Honestly, I had expected my role to be more like what AoG's turned out to be with vengeance killing. Honestly, the one post thing was the worst possibility that could happen to a volume poster type player like myself.

I fail to see how mafia was under powered when you had a lover who got town cred due to the lover circumstance, a busdriver, the potential to get a second bus driver, a role blocker, a framer who also worked to make people look innocent, a day kill and the potential to kill 2 people each night (2.5 after Night 1). I mean you argue that Jwied's power was OP but it actually was part of how you won when it caused town to underestimate mafia numbers and only worked when Betiko randomly tracked him. It didn't work with Legion because legion didn't know who he was and didn't have the potential that Betiko had to ask the question in a controlled environment first.

I felt the game was fairly balanced, if anything, I would say Mafia may have had a slight edge in this game but I think the abundance of investigative roles did help to even that out as well.

I would nominate Betiko from Town. I am between Neb and Robik for mafia. Robik's play style worked for the scenario. It was abrasive and risky but it worked. So he is a top pick from mafia's side for that reason. I also considered Neb because he played well under pressure after he was picked out by the cop and before that was the one mafia that I had thought was town for most of the game.

When you can only post once per day, post an entire book if you have too, just make sure everything is out there.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:39 am

SiriusCowKing wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I was technically dead, I got information on who the people that killed me were doing (one action, didn't know who performed it) and I could post once but I couldn't vote. Honestly, I had expected my role to be more like what AoG's turned out to be with vengeance killing. Honestly, the one post thing was the worst possibility that could happen to a volume poster type player like myself.

When you can only post once per day, post an entire book if you have too, just make sure everything is out there.

I was trying to. I even feel I did a decent job with the two posts I did make, the problem was getting those out in a timely manner and dealing with changing situations. Post too early in the day and something unexpected could happen that needed to be addressed and I would be muted. Speak too late and I come in too late to change anything. I am still wondering if this last day ended a day short but Storr still hasn't confirmed.

As far as the .5 Kps being a give away. I was thinking that one maybe 2 of them could be scum but all three seemed like an unlikelihood considering that we never had more than two people die in a night.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Epitaph1 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:45 pm

GG, everyone. I was honestly coming here to check the VC because I thought the day ended in a few hours as well.

MVPs: Betiko and jak/Robik.

If I'm in another game with Rob and he plays like that, I'm assuming he's scum and insta-lynching him. :lol:

The only other time I've played with a tree stump, the stump couldn't be NK'd as well as lynched. So, I was assuming that betiko couldn't be killed the first couple of nights. By the end, I was glad we didn't kill him based on the votes.

Storr and virus, thanks for putting everything together. I really enjoyed it. It was kind of tough juggling two QTs and the main thread at first (for me of little time, at least), but in the end it was pretty cool.

I didn't see the AoG vengeance kill coming. I think my jaw dropped when I read his role.

Btw, for everyone who is still skimming: jweid wasn't the scum in the Dreadfort. :D
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:30 pm

I don't understand how Epi killed MP.

Also, I was so right about jak/Rob. =p
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Zivel on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:05 am

Ok, some quick thoughts. I really really liked this game, it was a lot of fun and the replacements that came in were great, thank you guys. And thank the ones that came in from other forums to play with us, I would love to play with you all again! (Except rob he is an arse lol :P)

I thought the complexity was great, but maybe a little to complex. Without 3rd party it gave the mafia to much power and to much info, they were able to control most of the game, they had people in all the QT's and so made the QT's a minefield for town. I am not surprised that they won, infact I would be surprised if they lost this.

The separate voting thread sucked balls! Like never ever do that again!

Can someone explain to me why Braavos came back 1/5, we had two scum in there and I was uncheckable. What happened there? That ability was the one thing town really had going for it and the problem with the misinformation that came from it was distracting and dangerous.

Loved it, thanks so much to Stor for running it and thanks again to those who come from outside to play with us, come play some more!

PS: the separate voting thread sucks balls!
Sergeant Zivel

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:22 am

Great job, Storr & virus!!!

That was a ton of fun. I'd say it was balanced enough as the game could have gone either direction.

My MVP's are:
Scum: Robik - he definitely had me fooled through most of it.
Town: Betiko - Did a fine job leading town as the young Stark prince.

I didn't have a problem with the separate vote thread... not that it helped Storr keep count :P. I would've preferred static vote counts as his edits to the vc with votes made after confused me at first. That said, wasn't too bad after I figured it out.

I felt good about most of my reads but still made for a pretty lousy doc. I did get one early save on Strike but ended up protecting scum 3 of 5 nights. :oops:
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby jwiedlin on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:16 am

Zivel wrote:Can someone explain to me why Braavos came back 1/5, we had two scum in there and I was uncheckable. What happened there? That ability was the one thing town really had going for it and the problem with the misinformation that came from it was distracting and dangerous.

Epster framed a mafia member in Braavos, so he looked town for a day. This threw me off quite a bit as well. After we got KGB, I was inclined to write off Robik vote on PCM as bad judgement since we had the 1 mafia from Braavos.

I'd give Betiko the MVP for town. He really helped us turn on the heat on mafia days 2 and 3.

I would vote Epster (Epitaph1) the mvp for scum. I read the mafia thread, and he had some great contributions there. His frames were perfect, and caused town to make the wrong decisions about Robik and Neb. Close second to Robik, who both fooled many town about his alignment, and pushed the envelope to guarantee mafia victory with votes and kills.
Captain jwiedlin

Postby jwiedlin on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:17 am

btw, the separate voting thread was helpful for a game this size.
Captain jwiedlin

Postby betiko on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:19 pm

jwiedlin wrote:
Zivel wrote:Can someone explain to me why Braavos came back 1/5, we had two scum in there and I was uncheckable. What happened there? That ability was the one thing town really had going for it and the problem with the misinformation that came from it was distracting and dangerous.

Epster framed a mafia member in Braavos, so he looked town for a day. This threw me off quite a bit as well. After we got KGB, I was inclined to write off Robik vote on PCM as bad judgement since we had the 1 mafia from Braavos.

I'd give Betiko the MVP for town. He really helped us turn on the heat on mafia days 2 and 3.

I would vote Epster (Epitaph1) the mvp for scum. I read the mafia thread, and he had some great contributions there. His frames were perfect, and caused town to make the wrong decisions about Robik and Neb. Close second to Robik, who both fooled many town about his alignment, and pushed the envelope to guarantee mafia victory with votes and kills.

I agree, being in the dread fort with you epi did an awesome job really.
Btw, did mafia know there were no third parties?

Also, is it me or there is no night/night list of actions post?
Major betiko

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Army of GOD wrote:I don't understand how Epi killed MP.

Anyone?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby jwiedlin on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I don't understand how Epi killed MP.

Anyone?

Night 5, mafia used their faction kill on Mudpuppy. Epitaph1 was the one to carry it out.
Captain jwiedlin

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:18 pm

betiko wrote:
jwiedlin wrote:

I agree, being in the dread fort with you epi did an awesome job really.

Also, is it me or there is no night/night list of actions post?

It's all in the spreadsheet Storr posted
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Epitaph1 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:28 pm

betiko wrote:

We didn't know anything about 3p. Since jweid was getting results on "anti-town" people and already knew that the Dreadfort started with 2 anti-town, I knew that you guys would eventually figure out that I was the last anti-town. I claimed 3p during our mini-mass claim hoping that jweid would get results on 3p and mafia. If Storr would have said jweid would only get results on mafia, I was a dead man.
StorrZerg wrote:i find no joy in this
Major Epitaph1

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:15 pm

I'd vote Epi for mafia. His claim and subsequent direction and information were very useful. It was great to know where jweid was going and who we should frame. It saved Rob in the end.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives