Conquer Club

after Firefox 31 update, tools not working

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: after Firefox 31 update, tools not working

Postby neanderpaul14 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:39 pm

ElricTheGreat wrote:as far as I can tell it is working fine for me ... using FF30.

What part of Bob do you notice is not working ... I will see if that is still working for me.

None of it's working anymore, no FF update, no settings changed on my computer. BoB's just dead. :(
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby bergy1 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:14 am

same here - can't even use the typical play settings

All are activated but not workind as add ons extensions etc
Major bergy1

Postby dgz345 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:50 am

H2over wrote:Are there any plans in place to get BOB working again?

Or am I missing something rather fundamental?

I do not have plans on making Bob work. But anyone are free to make it working. It's just to open and edit.
What you may have missed is the panel interface. That you can turn on in the settings @personal menu.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby codierose on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:36 am

ff auto updated today now clickies dont work
Lieutenant codierose

Postby dgz345 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:31 am

codierose wrote:ff auto updated today now clickies dont work

There is to theories I have. And I can't confirm without a computer. I would need to check the console log to confirm my theories. 1 FF made some changes so Greasemonkey won't work properly. 2 FF changed some of their Dom elements or javascript.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby codierose on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:27 am

Can I help provide snappy
Lieutenant codierose

Postby dgz345 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:42 pm

codierose wrote:Can I help provide snappy

Sure.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby yastreb on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:21 pm

I think that CC is constantly changing something. That is probably why BOB stopped working.
Until someone updates BOB I don't think we will be able to use it in the future... :(
Brigadier yastreb

Postby codierose on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:33 pm

dgz345 wrote:
codierose wrote:Can I help provide snappy

Sure.

sorry for delay
snap as im trying to make attack
Lieutenant codierose

Postby orng001 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Bob working again after I follow Elric link .. thanks man !!

orng001
Sergeant 1st Class orng001

Postby dgz345 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:11 am

Yea there is nothing wrong with cc or the addons. It's the Firefox + Greasemonkey. Looks like Greasemonkey scripts doesn't run the same way as before.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby stringybeany on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:13 am

i started a new thread today. it looks like this may be the same problem, although I am puzzled as to why my computers didn't pick this up until this morning. (one after the other updated firefox then f*cked up.)

Like I said other thread, the problem i am seeing might need to be fixed in greasemonkey.

It looks like a difficult fix, to me. You might want to look at other browsers or turn off greasemonkey and go manual BOB and site clickies.

I am happy I only have 20 games going atm. :P

edit: please somebody fix it easy and make me look like an alarmist... PLEASE!
Captain stringybeany

Postby dgz345 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:09 am

stringybeany wrote:i started a new thread today. it looks like this may be the same problem, although I am puzzled as to why my computers didn't pick this up until this morning. (one after the other updated firefox then f*cked up.)

Like I said other thread, the problem i am seeing might need to be fixed in greasemonkey.

It looks like a difficult fix, to me. You might want to look at other browsers or turn off greasemonkey and go manual BOB and site clickies.

I am happy I only have 20 games going atm. :P

edit: please somebody fix it easy and make me look like an alarmist... PLEASE!

As stated above. Best is to downgrade Firefox. Or get any other browser except IE.
I recommend chrome with the extention tampermonkey. That's what I use when I'm making/updating the scripts.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Woltato on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:26 am

I would suggest that everyone moves onto panel view and persevere with it. It's riddled with bugs at the moment but if we all start using it and logging the bugs then eventually they'll all get fixed. Panel view will be the much better option once it works.
Sergeant Woltato

Postby jghost7 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:42 pm

Woltato wrote:I would suggest that everyone moves onto panel view and persevere with it. It's riddled with bugs at the moment but if we all start using it and logging the bugs then eventually they'll all get fixed. Panel view will be the much better option once it works.

The panels are not for everyone. I personally prefer the classic ui. But either way, clickable maps is a must. The site clickies feel clunky and unintuitive. The clickable maps is usable with the classic or the panel ui, so it should be worth keeping up.

Thanks,

J
Major jghost7

Postby codierose on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:38 pm

Woltato wrote:I would suggest that everyone moves onto panel view and persevere with it. It's riddled with bugs at the moment but if we all start using it and logging the bugs then eventually they'll all get fixed. Panel view will be the much better option once it works.

no thank you that stays in the perminate no game setting
Lieutenant codierose

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:29 pm

jghost7 wrote:

The panels are not for everyone. I personally prefer the classic ui. But either way, clickable maps is a must. The site clickies feel clunky and unintuitive. The clickable maps is usable with the classic or the panel ui, so it should be worth keeping up.

Thanks,

J

Make sure you have 4.22 update
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby EBConquer on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:42 am

Yep... BOB is pretty much EOL and I made the jump to the site panels bob primarily because that's what you need to do on Mobiles and Tablets now. It was a tough change but am getting used to it.

So w/ that being said, clickies is a must and it working perfectly for me (4.21). As is Chatglove, Game Link, Ready Turns and Team PM. Assault Odds is working as well although when activated (for me) the chat starts at the top instead of the bottom so i have it disabled.

Rolling w/ OS X 10.8.5 and also Mavericks at work. FF 31.0 w/ Greasemonkey (not sure which version).
Colonel EBConquer

Postby dgz345 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:30 am

Download the latest version of clicky if you have problems with it. For versions up to 4.20 the update notifier didn't work. I think latest version Is 4.22
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby codierose on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:06 am

IcePack wrote:
jghost7 wrote:

Thanks,

J

Did still didnt work
Sorted it now installed older version of Firefox
Lieutenant codierose

Postby stringybeany on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:50 am

codierose wrote:
IcePack wrote:
jghost7 wrote:

Thanks,

J

Did still didnt work
Sorted it now installed older version of Firefox

take the time to set up panel interface with latest firefox and clickies, and dump BOB. It's worth the effort and it's more secure.
Captain stringybeany

Postby ViperOverLord on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:26 pm

Is anyone (on the tech team) working on fixing bob (greasemonkey) for the latest ff version or going to be working on this? For now, I've stopped adding team fog games and individual fog games as much as possible. But I'm hoping that there will be a return to normalcy at some point without having to download stuff like chrome/tapermonkey.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby dgz345 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:15 am

ViperOverLord wrote:Is anyone (on the tech team) working on fixing bob (greasemonkey) for the latest ff version or going to be working on this? For now, I've stopped adding team fog games and individual fog games as much as possible. But I'm hoping that there will be a return to normalcy at some point without having to download stuff like chrome/tapermonkey.

It's only me on the tech team and I don't have a computer atm so it's a little hard. But I'm not planning to update Bob as I already have to many scripts to take care of.
And also everyone can update scripts. Click on the Greasemonkey icon then right click your script that you want to edit.
I would recommend getting used to the panel interface. Unless you have a small screen.

Bob was created by the users of this site long before I joined this site.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby jackal31 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:54 am

dgz345 wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:Is anyone (on the tech team) working on fixing bob (greasemonkey) for the latest ff version or going to be working on this? For now, I've stopped adding team fog games and individual fog games as much as possible. But I'm hoping that there will be a return to normalcy at some point without having to download stuff like chrome/tapermonkey.

It's only me on the tech team and I don't have a computer atm so it's a little hard. But I'm not planning to update Bob as I already have to many scripts to take care of.
And also everyone can update scripts. Click on the Greasemonkey icon then right click your script that you want to edit.
I would recommend getting used to the panel interface. Unless you have a small screen.

Bob was created by the users of this site long before I joined this site.

dgz....you should put this in your signature. I think I have read this in about 5 different posts ;)

On another note, has there been any change with FF31 being updated and working with Clickies 4.22? I downgraded to V30 last week and continue to get these demanding messages from FF to upgrade. Is it safe yet?
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby dgz345 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:46 am

Yea feels like I need that in my signature... Because people thinks the admins are at fault. But they are updating the site then we can not keep the ancient Bob without break it because it was made for ancient cc.
Sorry I can't answer your 2nd question. I'm abroad working so I only have a phone running chrome so I can't test scripts on Firefox only chrome.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives