Conquer Club

"Where have all the links gone?"

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

"Where have all the links gone?"

Postby General Roy on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:41 am

(To paraphrace a well known song.)

The links given in "Users Guide To CC Tools And Enhancements" no longer lead to the different tools because of a revamping of the website for Greasemonkey scripts. Can anyone help me find them? I have had to reinstall Firefox and Greasemonkey, and I managed in the end to find BOB. Pity, though, because BOB no longer works nicely with Conquer Club. I like it much better than the new panel setup, though.

But I still would very much like to have back Assault Odds and some other of the useful scripts.

Roy
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Re: "Where have all the links gone?"

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:12 am

General Roy wrote:(To paraphrace a well known song.)

The links given in "Users Guide To CC Tools And Enhancements" no longer lead to the different tools because of a revamping of the website for Greasemonkey scripts. Can anyone help me find them? I have had to reinstall Firefox and Greasemonkey, and I managed in the end to find BOB. Pity, though, because BOB no longer works nicely with Conquer Club. I like it much better than the new panel setup, though.

But I still would very much like to have back Assault Odds and some other of the useful scripts.

Roy

Most of them can still be found. The website where they were hosted, userscripts.org, died a few months back. However, dgz has been busy rehosting the ones that work.

The main link for the ones that dgz maintains is http://tools.conquerclub.com/

There are others available, but sometimes it's a bit of an adventure hunting for them. I'm using Foxy's version of Assualt Odds, but despite searching I can't find where I got it. We really need a volunteer to help dgz get this forum organised and move some of these threads around.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby General Roy on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:18 am

Thanks! I did not realise regarding this web site. Perhaps it should get a more prominent mentioning somewhere here?
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Postby dgz345 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:27 pm

General Roy wrote:Thanks! I did not realise regarding this web site. Perhaps it should get a more prominent mentioning somewhere here?

I'm thinking about rewriting the user guide. But I don't have time or the hardware at the moment as I'm working "abroad" (Norway is in reality a part of Sweden as everyone understands Swedish but no one understands Norwegian) So right now I'm doing all the cc stuff from my phone. So there is a limit in script testing as I don't think I can run the scripts with Greasemonkey functions. Unless I add them myself. And I don't really feel like it.
And as duk said. It's a solo thing I'm doing at the moment and I'm putting down more time then I can afford.

@dukasauew u are using fox's assault odds right? I remember you said that mine wasn't working for you? All I know is that it works for me at home on Chrome with the panel interface on. And it should work with the interface of. It's just that I don't know how it's working on Firefox.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby General Roy on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:12 am

dgz345 wrote:I'm thinking about rewriting the user guide. But I don't have time or the hardware at the moment as I'm working "abroad".

Very good. I think something should be done.

dgz345 wrote:(Norway is in reality a part of Sweden as everyone understands Swedish but no one understands Norwegian)

Meaning that you have moved to the capital of Sweden? (Norway, I mean?) :)

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, the Kalmar union never was officially dismantled, so that the three brother kingdoms really in reality are part of the same United Kingdom still. Only most of the inhabitants don't realise it. ;)

And by the way, most people think that it was Norway that left the union with Denmark, but really, as the start of that union was that Queen Margaret was married to the Norwegian king (and the kingdom was called Denmark-Norway, not Norway-Denmark), it's obvious that it was Denmark that was forced to leave the union I think. (said rather tongue in cheek of course.)

Postby dgz345 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:31 am

General Roy wrote:
dgz345 wrote:I'm thinking about rewriting the user guide. But I don't have time or the hardware at the moment as I'm working "abroad".

Very good. I think something should be done.

dgz345 wrote:(Norway is in reality a part of Sweden as everyone understands Swedish but no one understands Norwegian)

Meaning that you have moved to the capital of Sweden? (Norway, I mean?) :)

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, the Kalmar union never was officially dismantled, so that the three brother kingdoms really in reality are part of the same United Kingdom still. Only most of the inhabitants don't realise it. ;)

And by the way, most people think that it was Norway that left the union with Denmark, but really, as the start of that union was that Queen Margaret was married to the Norwegian king (and the kingdom was called Denmark-Norway, not Norway-Denmark), it's obvious that it was Denmark that was forced to leave the union I think. (said rather tongue in cheek of course.)

Yea I'm at NRK Oslo at the moment working.
But as I said. I need time and a computer to update the user guides
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby General Roy on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:57 am

Ah, I suddenly realise you are saying that none of the Norwegians (including me) understand the Norwegian language. Something few seem to know, is that Swedes understand Nynorsk better than Bokmål.

Also, are there any Swedes left in Sweden? Seems most have left for Norway to find work these days. ;)

Anyway, I guess I'd better leave this subject - it's not the proper place for it here.

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:58 am

General Roy wrote:

Ah, I suddenly realise you are saying that none of the Norwegians (including me) understand the Norwegian language. Something few seem to know, is that Swedes understand Nynorsk better than Bokmål.

Also, are there any Swedes left in Sweden? Seems most have left for Norway to find work these days. ;)

Anyway, I guess I'd better leave this subject - it's not the proper place for it here.

However, you could invite dgz to come over to your house and use your computer. ;)

dgz345 wrote:But as I said. I need time and a computer to update the user guides
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby General Roy on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:03 am

Dukasaur wrote:
General Roy wrote:Anyway, I guess I'd better leave this subject - it's not the proper place for it here.

However, you could invite dgz to come over to your house and use your computer. ;)

Good point, since I am in Bærum and he in Oslo. Wouldn't be far from him to travel.

Postby dgz345 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:59 am

General Roy wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
General Roy wrote:Anyway, I guess I'd better leave this subject - it's not the proper place for it here.

Good point, since I am in Bærum and he in Oslo. Wouldn't be far from him to travel.

Wait are you guys trying to make a 20 year old kid travel :-P.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Return to Tool Archives