Conquer Club

after Firefox 31 update, tools not working

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: after Firefox 31 update, tools not working

Postby stringybeany on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:24 am

cmon guys you are all arguing about the wrong problem. I have been a BOB user since day one, when I gave up trying to manage 15 escalating games on notepads and endless manual counting.

BOB is over. Embrace the panels. It's not "buggy" in any important ways.

It's like a tile puzzle right now, granted. But once you shuffle the tiles to your liking it's fine.

It took me only a day and I am an old fucker.

:ugeek:
Captain stringybeany

Postby dgz345 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:45 am

stringybeany wrote:cmon guys you are all arguing about the wrong problem. I have been a BOB user since day one, when I gave up trying to manage 15 escalating games on notepads and endless manual counting.

BOB is over. Embrace the panels. It's not "buggy" in any important ways.

It's like a tile puzzle right now, granted. But once you shuffle the tiles to your liking it's fine.

It took me only a day and I am an old fucker.

:ugeek:

It's buggy when you are trying to get some stuff over the console. And not really a bug but need some kind of solution for smaller screens. And it's took a lot of work for me to add my own panels for some scripts.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby timogl on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:29 am

where is clickies 4.22? when i go to tools, it is clickies 4.21.

(i did not ask this question before, because i thought the 4.22 thing was a joke. but some seem to think its a real thing. where is it, if it is a real thing?)
Captain timogl

Postby dgz345 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Sorry Firefox cache issues. Clear the cache for the tools page. Or wait until I get the time and resources to fix it. As I'm using the phone I have to edit some code on my phone then upload it times 10
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby dgz345 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Okey I think I fixed the Firefox cache issues for Firefox.

Tho I'm not sure if it will show the right version number.
If someone wonder every script page got identical index files
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:21 am

Generally speaking, jackal, I suspect that the greasemonkey calls that cause older scripts to not work with FF31 are permanent. Try to keep FF 30 going as long as you can, and if you get to a time when other things won't work and you simply must upgrade your FF, then you will have to kiss off those older scripts. No volunteers have stepped forward to rewrite them, and even if they did, at this point it would probably be easier for someone to write completely new scripts from scratch than to try to patch every piece of old code that doesn't work with FF.

Some people report that all these things work fine with Chrome. If you can stomach Chrome, might want to consider that as an option.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but ultimately there will come a day when none of the old add-ons will work. The sooner you give up on them and start using Panel mode, the less pain you'll have in the long run.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Previous

Return to Tool Archives