Conquer Club

Control Panel Snapshot question

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Control Panel Snapshot question

Postby ignatious on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:25 am

Hi all - is there a way to take snapshots using the control panel without it going in chat every time? Thanks!
Major ignatious

Re: Control Panel Snapshot question

Postby Foxglove on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 am

Short answer: no.

Long answer: that's actually where the snapshot data is stored, in the chat log. The display is just changed to the snapshot text so that you don't see a long string of characters and numbers in there.
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby ignatious on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:40 am

Interesting, thank you. Bob didn't do this, but doesn't work for me anymore. Do you know if there is anything else I can use for snapshots where they won't keep filling up chat? Thanks!
Major ignatious

Postby dgz345 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:48 am

What I remember is that Bob writes to browser storage. I only have a phone so I can't confirm what the Panels are using. But it should be possible to take a snap without posting it to the chat from the browser console. As snaps are not stored in the chat but posted. It's so your teammates can see the shot. And I remember there was some snapshot problems before. Then the snaps was in a array. But maybe it was changes to only snaps.

I think chatglove have a button to toggle between team chat, all chat and both with a button press.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby dgz345 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:56 am

Just confirmed testing chatglove on my phone running Android
It does not have the ability to just hide snaps. But they are hidden when you display only non team chat.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Return to Tool Archives