Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby Gillipig on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:51 pm

tec805 wrote:
Hello tec805,

Your Premium Membership is going to expire within the next few days.

Expiry date: 2014-08-24 22:09:32

Please consider renewing early to enjoy the full Conquer Club experience uninterrupted! Renewal adds 12 months to your expiry date so you have nothing to lose by doing it today. Visit http://www.conquerclub.com and click on "Upgrade!".

Regards,
The Conquer Club

Make the UI work like it did, stop breaking BOB and Clickable Maps (both of which are heads above the built in mess you've created) and I'll have a reason to renew.

P.S. I know BOB and CM aren't updated any longer and aren't from CC, but they should be!

That stuff only matters to seasoned users, it's not seasoned users that are leaving, just one glance at the scoreboard will tell you there's a crapton of colonels and above, more so than two or three years ago, even though CC has lost more than a third of it's users during that time. CC shouldn't care about opinions like this, fiddeling with add ons isn't going to attract new users and keeping old users has been attempted for a long time now without success.

I'm looking at the join games tab now and 90% of the games on offer are games set up as point hoarding, weird maps and awkward settings that turns me as an experienced user off, imagine what it'll do to a newbie? No wonder the numbers are declining, the point hoarders have taken over. Too much choice has ruined the fun of this site. CC needs to get back to basics, cut all these ridiculously newbie unfriendly settings and ignore the complaints of the point horders who can no longer hoard points.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:36 am

Gillipig wrote:
tec805 wrote:
Hello tec805,

Please consider renewing early to enjoy the full Conquer Club experience uninterrupted! Renewal adds 12 months to your expiry date so you have nothing to lose by doing it today. Visit http://www.conquerclub.com and click on "Upgrade!".

Regards,
The Conquer Club

Make the UI work like it did, stop breaking BOB and Clickable Maps (both of which are heads above the built in mess you've created) and I'll have a reason to renew.

P.S. I know BOB and CM aren't updated any longer and aren't from CC, but they should be!

That stuff only matters to seasoned users, it's not seasoned users that are leaving, just one glance at the scoreboard will tell you there's a crapton of colonels and above, more so than two or three years ago, even though CC has lost more than a third of it's users during that time. CC shouldn't care about opinions like this, fiddeling with add ons isn't going to attract new users and keeping old users has been attempted for a long time now without success.

I'm looking at the join games tab now and 90% of the games on offer are games set up as point hoarding, weird maps and awkward settings that turns me as an experienced user off, imagine what it'll do to a newbie? No wonder the numbers are declining, the point hoarders have taken over. Too much choice has ruined the fun of this site. CC needs to get back to basics, cut all these ridiculously newbie unfriendly settings and ignore the complaints of the point horders who can no longer hoard points.

There's no reason why people who like basic games and people who like complex games can't co-exist on the same site. All it takes is a simple toggle between Basic and Advanced games on the Join a Game page.

Go here and join the discussion:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206924
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby jammyjames on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:36 am

What difference does discussion do if it doesn't get heard?
Corporal 1st Class jammyjames

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:06 pm

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Donelladan on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:02 am

tec805 wrote:
Hello tec805,

Regards,
The Conquer Club

Funny I thought the new panel interface basically did everything BOB did. And that clickable maps are a part of CC since a long time.
What are you missing from BOB and Clickable maps that is not currently a part of CC ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby betiko on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:29 am

Donelladan wrote:
tec805 wrote:
Hello tec805,

Regards,
The Conquer Club

Funny I thought the new panel interface basically did everything BOB did. And that clickable maps are a part of CC since a long time.
What are you missing from BOB and Clickable maps that is not currently a part of CC ?

It s just worse. I just refuse to play with something not as good, I m just back from a mothly break and I see everything is bugging, I m just losing my will to play.
Major betiko

Postby Donelladan on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:38 am

betiko wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
tec805 wrote:
Hello tec805,

Regards,
The Conquer Club

It s just worse. I just refuse to play with something not as good, I m just back from a mothly break and I see everything is bugging, I m just losing my will to play.

I am not using all options available on the panel interface, only the snaps and sometimes map inspect, but those 2 are working quite well, trust me.
Probably it is a bit different to what you have been used to, but it is not bad.
After that maybe there is other functionality that are not working properly, I dunno, but I am sure they'll be fix anytime soon if this is the case.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby tec805 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Donelladan wrote:
I am not using all options available on the panel interface, only the snaps and sometimes map inspect, but those 2 are working quite well, trust me.
Probably it is a bit different to what you have been used to, but it is not bad.
After that maybe there is other functionality that are not working properly, I dunno, but I am sure they'll be fix anytime soon if this is the case.

Think of it like riding a bike. You learn to ride a bike, it takes you where you want to go, you enjoy how it feels, you like how it looks, the simplicity and ease of use. Then one day your bike has been vandalized! You're told by the bike shop (that didn't build or sell you the bike of course) that that bike is no longer supported, even though they could fix it for you if they wanted. They give you a unicycle and tell you "It's just as good, it will get you where you need to go, you'll enjoy the wind in your face exactly the same!".

Alas, you know it will never be the same :cry:

Less enjoyment = Less playing
Less playing = Less reason to spend time on CC
Less time on CC = Less thinking about CC
Less thinking about CC = Finding other things to do, forgetting about CC (Clash of Clans & Boom Beach are taking up much more of my time now)
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ā˜€ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ā˜€

Postby Donelladan on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:48 pm

But now BOB is a part of CC as a lot of people have been asking for a very long time.
I think they replace your unicycle by a bike, not the other way around ;).
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Agent 86 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Donelladan wrote:But now BOB is a part of CC as a lot of people have been asking for a very long time.

Oh Don, please. I now longer bother with greasemonkey. Admin have totally ignored BoB and their version is not even close, it's worse :twisted: :twisted:

We have gone from a superbike to an outdated unicycle!!
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:11 pm

ive been curious about clash of clans. is it any good? like as far as playing with friends? ill look at boom beach. i have not hearr of that.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Army of GOD wrote:9760

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:9760

The Great Decline does appear to be stabalizing a bit for now. but only time will tell the future.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby tec805 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:46 pm

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:ive been curious about clash of clans. is it any good? like as far as playing with friends? ill look at boom beach. i have not hearr of that.

CoC is great, but as with any free-to-play there are in-game purchases that can speed up your progress. Not really play-with-friends, but you can be in a clan together and make fun of each others crappy bases. The publisher is top-notch, they don't try to shove purchases down your throat all the time (such as Monster Legends or many other pay-to-win games). Boom Beach is by the same publisher but is a step down overall. I'm at the point in Clash that I have to often wait multiple days until I have one of my four workers free to start a new project. During the down time you can collect loot from others, but if you can't spend it you become a target from others. After playing for 4 or 5 months I spent $10 on gems to be able to build my Barbarian King. The game is worth more than the $10 I spent on it so far, I won't feel guilty buying gems again in the future.

Donelladan wrote:But now BOB is a part of CC as a lot of people have been asking for a very long time.

I'm not sure what they're paying you (stars? you can have all mine), but to compare Panels to BOB tells me you weren't a BOB user. Built in CC clickies aren't even in the same league as Clickable Maps. You've been here longer than me, you very well remember how quickly you could clear a map in a speed game with Clickable Maps (and when the server was responsive enough that you couldn't click faster than it could react).
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ā˜€ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ā˜€

Postby Gillipig on Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:54 pm

betiko wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
tec805 wrote:
Hello tec805,

Regards,
The Conquer Club

You've been a member for a couple of years now, you should be tired of it, the people who never gets bored by it are the weird ones.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:01 pm

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Gillipig on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:59 am

YES! AIN'T DONE YET BABY!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Mr Changsha on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:29 am

Gillipig wrote:9748

I can confidently predict that the 'great decline' is over.

Long live theWHAM!
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:12 am

Mr Changsha wrote:

Long live theWHAM!

looks like another slide is trending. i predict 9500 by next friday.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby Mr Changsha on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:18 am

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:

Long live theWHAM!

Pessimist.

Just because a few players have figuratively popped out to buy a pint of milk is no reason to panic. They'll be back...honestly you just would have sucked massively in the blitz.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby ConfederateSS on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:36 am

Yeah,just go to join a game page Duke....That now takes 5 years to scroll from page 1 to 20..Like I said in Q & A...The drop down box doesn't work anymore...If you just want to go to say page 34..One more reason to love the High Command.....I am getting ready to start playing just one game at a time.I'll finish just in time. When I am done looking for a second one to play!!!!!!!Look Away ..Look Away..Dixieland...Oh!..I wish I was in DIXIE!!!!...ConfederateSS..out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Major ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby Robespierre__ on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:19 am

betiko wrote:
Donelladan wrote:
tec805 wrote:
Hello tec805,

Regards,
The Conquer Club

Beti, I am using BOB on Chrome with tampermonkey and it works exactly as well as it always did.

Look forward to beheading you in Random Cup.

Robespierre
Colonel Robespierre__

Postby Gillipig on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:49 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:

Long live theWHAM!

Pessimist.

Just because a few players have figuratively popped out to buy a pint of milk is no reason to panic. They'll be back...honestly you just would have sucked massively in the blitz.

Your optimistic foolishness knows no bounds does it? I feel very safe in my previous prediction that CC will continue to decline deep into autum this year, just like it did last year.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:00 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
WILLIAMS5232 wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:

Long live theWHAM!

Pessimist.

i'm pretty pessimistic about it all. no denying that. i'm also realistic.
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:13 am

ConfederateSS wrote:Yeah,just go to join a game page Duke....That now takes 5 years to scroll from page 1 to 20..Like I said in Q & A...The drop down box doesn't work anymore...If you just want to go to say page 34..One more reason to love the High Command.....I am getting ready to start playing just one game at a time.I'll finish just in time. When I am done looking for a second one to play!!!!!!!Look Away ..Look Away..Dixieland...Oh!..I wish I was in DIXIE!!!!...ConfederateSS..out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why bother with the Join a Game page? It should get better once the basic/advanced toggle is in, but still, why bother? I look for games with Game Finder. Just define what parameters you're looking for, and come up with a list that's rarely more than 2 or three pages. I check off Standard or Terminator, Automatic, Sequential, Escalating or Flat Rate, No Fog No Trench, and every number of players from 7 to 12, and I usually get a nice list of 2 or 3 pages, with plenty of variety but not too many to search.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion