Conquer Club

Conquer Club Newbie Mafia #1: Day 4 ends 9-4 1600

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Club Newbie Mafia #1: night 2 ends 27 1600

Postby dakky21 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:20 pm

LOL, I am on the topic almost whole day and forgot it is 26th. Well, see you around, this game isn't for me obviously.
Captain dakky21

Postby codierose on Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:57 pm

dakky21 wrote:LOL, I am on the topic almost whole day and forgot it is 26th. Well, see you around, this game isn't for me obviously.

sssh scum your dead :D
Lieutenant codierose

Postby TeeGee on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:07 pm

I must apologise for not getting in here to vote last round. I have not been very well and only had my phone to play games..I get limited downloads from my provider so wasnt on anywhere near as much. Back home now and ready for the next day.. lets find these mafia and out them
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby jonty125 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:14 am

One down, one to go!
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Day 3 starts

You wake to the body of
show
Major StorrZerg

Postby Djfireside on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Damn saw that coming.... gl town
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Re: Conquer Club Newbie Mafia #1: day 2 ends 26 1600

Postby grt on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:35 pm

grt wrote:I agree with DJfireside. First Dakky21 and Endgame vote for me then they both jump on my vote for DJ.

I think both are mafia. If Dakky proves to be mafia then Endgame gets my vote next.

##Vote Endgame422
Major grt

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:37 pm

I have to say i was surprised dakky flipped mafia. Why? Unlike Jonty I believe we have a doc in the game, I have never played a game were there was not a doc. I would think that the doc would have voted for a person who claimed doc on day one. I will say I should have trusted my gut as I Dakky played the newb card in almost every post, reminding us all how new and clueless he was.

Interesting that the two players scapegoated for voting James are now dead.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: Conquer Club Newbie Mafia #1: day 2 ends 26 1600

Postby codierose on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:56 pm

codierose wrote:Dj really not sure but peeps do seem to be point the finger just for voting for james. Regards putting pressure on James no don't think so at this point im not voting for Dj.
now endgame my problem is your vote on grt.
Endgame422 wrote:## Vote grt I believe James is town. Mafia would prefer next night so his asking for an extension seems to be a show of good faith. Just going with grt because it ties him and James.

I think player A is town, and is linked to player B. Lets grill player B and if he is scum player A must be too!!!

your response to question ask by IB and myself is week imo
now day two why did you not follow up with your voting on grt ?
instead you following bandwagon on Dj

Endgame422 wrote:I'm going to follow through with James old prediction that fireside jumping on right after dakky jumped off of him to keep James in the hot seat was correct.
## Vote DJfireside

## Vote endgame422

## Vote endgame422
Lieutenant codierose

Postby codierose on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:08 pm

StorrZerg wrote:Day 3 starts

You wake to the body of
show

Does not state what he was ?
jonty125 wrote:One down, one to go!

Why only one more could there not be three ?
Lieutenant codierose

Postby Djfireside on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Since there is no rules or roles that can mask who I am and since its data that should be portrayed.. I was telling the truth and I was a VT.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Apology. Djfireside was VT (posted from phone, missed that)
Major StorrZerg

Postby Endgame422 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Hmm seeing how I already have 2 votes I will claim if one more jumps on there. To refute the charges leveled against me all I can say is I am certainly not the only person who voted with dakky at one point or another. For this reason I will
##Vote grt
because he was the other voter that has gone with dakky all the way through to the point of a lynching and as soon as dakky flipped he immediately pointed the finger at me, trying to diffuse any suspicions about him.He certainly could have unvoted also. I agree that those connected to dakky are looking scummy right now and there's little I can say to dismiss that, so if the consensus ends me than so be it.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby codierose on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Why only one more could there not be three ?[/quote]

Sorry I mean three total possible two left
Lieutenant codierose

Postby grt on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Endgame422 wrote:Hmm seeing how I already have 2 votes I will claim if one more jumps on there. To refute the charges leveled against me all I can say is I am certainly not the only person who voted with dakky at one point or another. For this reason I will
##Vote grt
because he was the other voter that has gone with dakky all the way through to the point of a lynching and as soon as dakky flipped he immediately pointed the finger at me, trying to diffuse any suspicions about him.He certainly could have unvoted also. I agree that those connected to dakky are looking scummy right now and there's little I can say to dismiss that, so if the consensus ends me than so be it.

If I understand correctly if I was mafia then I would also know who my mafia team are. As I correctly deduced Dakky was mafia (as stated on day 2) why would I pursue this if I already knew he was one of my mafia team. Maybe if I was one of the last to vote for him and there was no going back then I could vote to remove suspicion from myself - but as I was first to make the call I think my logic stands.

As a complete noob at this someone please point out if I have missed something with this conclusion.
Major grt

Postby jonty125 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:43 am

codierose wrote:

Why only one more could there not be three ?

Fair point, I misread the OP (because I'm an idiot) and read it as there will be 2 from 3 of the following mafia roles, rather than there are 2-3 mafia.

grt wrote:If I understand correctly if I was mafia then I would also know who my mafia team are. As I correctly deduced Dakky was mafia (as stated on day 2) why would I pursue this if I already knew he was one of my mafia team. Maybe if I was one of the last to vote for him and there was no going back then I could vote to remove suspicion from myself - but as I was first to make the call I think my logic stands.

As a complete noob at this someone please point out if I have missed something with this conclusion.

There is a technique called "throwing under the bus", where a mafia member will cast suspicion and often make a case on another member of the mafia, in order to say what you've said "I can't be mafia, if I was mafia I'd never start the case on my ally."

vote Endgame422 your logic was lacking on your D1 vote on grt, you are guilty of bandwagonning on D2, and you make a poor excuse for a defense on D3.
Cook jonty125

Re: Conquer Club Newbie Mafia #1: Day 3 ends 30 1600

Postby Endgame422 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:07 am

Well that's 3 votes so ill claim vanilla townie, not that I think it's going make a difference. But by my math once you all lynch me and mafia kills off somebody else who is town it is going to be getting real close. I hope grt stirring everyone against me does not cost the town too dearly.

After im lynched remember he was the driving force behind another dead townie,just like dj fireside, whom he also started a case against that led to an innocent lynching.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 am

I would like to bring up this point. Remember that Town has no idea who other Town are so just because someone presents a case or votes them and they flip Town after a lynch does not make them mafia.

Reading all the debate it seems to be between Endgame and Grt. I have gone back and forth over the game and Endgames comment about tieing the game up still bothers me. james was on the verge of claiming and suggested he may be a power role and so he splits the vote...to get a rise? To gauge reaction?

This is where we get into Wine in front of me arguments...this is were we base our votes not on actual facts but on our opinions on what we think the facts might be. There comes a point where we just trust our gut, which tends to be wrong a lot of times as well. (at least for me) :D

We have absolutely no information to go on except voting patterns and if you look at those after the fact you will see that james and DJ voted for each other.

I realize voting the inactive bit us in the ass on day one but Tee gee has been laying low .

vote Tee Gee

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby grt on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Just a summary of where we are for my benefit but maybe of use to others:

Alive
iron butterfly
grt
TeeGee
Endgame422 (claimed VT)
Jonty125
codierose

Dead
Shady-Jim (Town Cop)
JamesKer1 (VT)
dakky21 (Mafia Rolecop)
Djfireside (VT)
Major grt

Postby grt on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:38 pm

My thinking is if there is another mafia then it would be Iron Butterfly confirmed by the fact he hasn't voted Endgame.

SO if I get killed in the night and Engame is mafia then I think the final one is Iron Butterfly. Just my opinion in case I get eliminated as I won't be able to post if I'm dead :-)
Major grt

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:22 pm

grt wrote:My thinking is if there is another mafia then it would be Iron Butterfly confirmed by the fact he hasn't voted Endgame.

SO if I get killed in the night and Engame is mafia then I think the final one is Iron Butterfly. Just my opinion in case I get eliminated as I won't be able to post if I'm dead :-)

You seem pretty sure there are three mafia by that statement. You seem to be putting the cart ahead of the horse as well.
IF endgame flips mafia why exactly would YOU be killed and why would that make me mafia? My vote does not change the pressure on endgame as the most votes lynch.

Now if endgame is lynched and he flips Town what then? Does that mean you were trying to protect Tee Gee?

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby TeeGee on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:50 pm

I'm with the crowd on this lot.. Endgame and butterfly look like mafia to me...

If you scroll back to the night, you will see I explained my absence,the fact I waited til the middle of the day to reply? Maybe I wanted to sleep in.. I just want someone to claim barkeeper, I need a drink.

Anything I add however, would just be parroting with grt and jonty. I agree with there logic 100 per cent.

vote Endgame422
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby jonty125 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:17 am

I think grt's case on IB is just WIFOM, it assumes too much.

Voting the inactive is never a bad idea, and TeeGee's activity is kinda off 'n' on; and I don't think he has contributed anything unique in the game but I still think Endgame is scummier. I'll leave my vote on Endgame and FOS TeeGee
Cook jonty125

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:43 am

TeeGee wrote:I'm with the crowd on this lot.. Endgame and butterfly look like mafia to me...

If you scroll back to the night, you will see I explained my absence,the fact I waited til the middle of the day to reply? Maybe I wanted to sleep in.. I just want someone to claim barkeeper, I need a drink.

Anything I add however, would just be parroting with grt and jonty. I agree with there logic 100 per cent.

vote Endgame422

Yes I read you were to sick to crawl to your key board to make a post. :D If I had a dollar every time mafia claimed real life and sickness kept them from posting. The fact is sick or not you have contributed nothing to this game so we can get any type of lead.

So with 3, or is it 4, votes on Endgame weather I vote or not is irrelevant as Endgame will be lynched regardless of my vote.

To me this is a win win scenario. If Endgame is mafia and there are only two game over. If he is mafia and there are three Town well the game gets interesting but Town is still not in a dire place.

Grt you have not responded to my question directed at you.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby grt on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:13 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
grt wrote:My thinking is if there is another mafia then it would be Iron Butterfly confirmed by the fact he hasn't voted Endgame.

You seem pretty sure there are three mafia by that statement. You seem to be putting the cart ahead of the horse as well.
IF endgame flips mafia why exactly would YOU be killed and why would that make me mafia? My vote does not change the pressure on endgame as the most votes lynch.

Now if endgame is lynched and he flips Town what then? Does that mean you were trying to protect Tee Gee?

I don't know for sure there are 3 - I read somewhere that it was likely to be 2 or 3 mafia. So I'm thinking ahead here that there may be 3 and wanted to get my opinion out there if the worst happened to me.

As for mafia killing me then I would be curious how it worked as you question why I would be killed. I would have assumed the mafia all send there kill name to the moderator and the most votes gets killed.
Can mafia discuss between themselves? I thought PM's were not allowed. Maybe this should be a moderator question so as not to presume mafia if someone answers. Obviously I may know all this if I was mafia but as this a noob game then would be useful for others too (however, I would have thought the way I have played this most would presume correctly that I am not mafia so I am genuinely interested in the answer to this).

And as for your question then I would say the answer is yes. If Engame is not mafia logically I would be trying to protect Tee Gee if he was mafia. But I don't think that's the case.
Major grt

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives